Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired

Fahrenheit 9/11 gets help offer from Hezbollah

and nooooooo, this movie is not propaganda

Samantha Ellis
    Thursday June 17, 2004
    The Guardian

The controversy over Michael Moore's Fahrenheit 9/11 just won't go away. The film, which is being advertised with the strapline "Controversy? What controversy?", has been rated R by the Motion Picture Association of America, meaning no one under 17 can see it unless accompanied by an adult. Distributors Lions Gate Films and IFC Films, opening the film next week, are appealing against the decision. The rating came partly because the film shows images of US soldiers abusing Iraqi prisoners, images Moore says he had long before the scandal erupted. He told Associated Press he kept quiet because he thought he'd be accused of "just putting this out for publicity for my movie".

Anger at Moore is building up, too. Pro-military lobby group Move America Forward is campaigning to "Stop Michael Moore from profiting in his attacks on America and our military"; Michael Wilson is making a documentary called Michael Moore Hates America; and the website www.moorelies.com is out "to expose America's fakest pseudo-muckraker".

Meanwhile, in the United Arab Emirates, the film is being offered the kind of support it doesn't need. According to Screen International, the UAE-based distributor Front Row Entertainment has been contacted by organisations related to the Hezbollah in Lebanon with offers of help. All in all, Tony Blair must be relieved that Moore is not going to make a film about him; Moore rebuffed the rumour in a message on his website headlined: "Sorry to scare you, Tony. Michael Moore was just kidding."

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    If you get a chance to see the movie see it and form your own opinion. It is hard to see because every showing seems to be sold out. Good luck.

butterface is offline Banned
    Great movie, just saw it. Everything was true. Entire audience did a standing ovation at the end of the movie.

helios is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by butterface
    Great movie, just saw it. Everything was true. Entire audience did a standing ovation at the end of the movie.
    Thisisexactly why there should be a disclaimer on the **** he puts out, bc it is propoganda. Everything in the movie is NOT true. This article does a good job at discrediting some of his baseless allegations he makes in the movie.

http://slate.msn.com/id/2102723/

Everyone has an agenda, and moore peddles this garbage to get his left wing agenda heard.

Quote Originally Posted by helios
    Thisisexactly why there should be a disclaimer on the **** he puts out, bc it is propoganda. Everything in the movie is NOT true. This article does a good job at discrediting some of his baseless allegations he makes in the movie.

Everyone has an agenda, and moore peddles this garbage to get his left wing agenda heard.
    That article is full of propaganda.

decadbal is offline Banned
    MM is a POS

sin
    sin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by helios

he may twist and distort facts, but before the film was released a number of fact checkers went through the work to determine the accuracy of it. i dont see why everyone is so upset about this movie, this is the kind of **** that goes on between the political parties all the time, use an extreme point of view to attempt to sway peoples opinions. moore just happens to be pretty good at it.

Symian is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by butterface
    I haven't seen the movie, but I know for a fact that the movie "Bowling for Columbine" had a lot of untrue crap, and scenes constructed just for the movie, like the scene where he was given the shotgun in the bank.

I'm basing my opinion off his past exploits, and everything he does is propaganda. Believe nothing that you hear, and only half of what you see!

Quote Originally Posted by sin
    he may twist and distort facts, but before the film was released a number of fact checkers went through the work to determine the accuracy of it.
    Where did you hear about the fact checkers? CNN or the New York Post?

buffteen is offline Junior Member
    You CANT call Michael Moore's 9/11 movie "propaganda" fairly unless you also say that the handful of American media outlets are also propaganda. IF our supposed "liberal media" was just that, wouldn't they have had an endless parade of news stories on Bush-Saudi ties and scandalous bussiness dealings of Halliburton in Iraq. What moore covers in the movie is certaily more news worthy than f***** stain on an intern's blue dress.

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    American media outlets propagandize all the time - notice they focus on every bad thing in Iraq - have you seen any of our successes there? hardly any, and yet there have been quite a few

Bowling For Columbine was an attack on the american gun policy, it was a great movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Symian
    I haven't seen the movie, but I know for a fact that the movie "Bowling for Columbine" had a lot of untrue crap, and scenes constructed just for the movie, like the scene where he was given the shotgun in the bank.

I'm basing my opinion off his past exploits, and everything he does is propaganda. Believe nothing that you hear, and only half of what you see!

Where did you hear about the fact checkers? CNN or the New York Post?

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    I watched BfC (liked it) but felt it was more about American attitudes towards violence.

Quote Originally Posted by Lozgod
    Bowling For Columbine was an attack on the american gun policy, it was a great movie.

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    I havent seen the movie- I will not pay to watch it, I will find it on one the many online P2P services- gotta see what the lib-labs have to say, might be worth a laugh or two! Let ol'fat boy Moore have his say...if he is the messiah, mouth piece for his kind- God help them!

MMC78 is offline Senior Member

bubbathegut is offline Member
    poss

Hooligan is offline Associate Member
    lol all this sh*t makes me laugh. and people still go to watch it! i know i will--hell he got me! i'm ready for my brainwashing now dr. moore.

Thread Information