Thread: Bad News!!!

illuzions is offline Associate Member

Bad News!!!

Well i went to the doctor on saturday i got bad news that i could have done without...u see i had this bulge in my pelvic area and i noticed that after lifting heavy weights i would get a pain in the same area...so being the dumbass that i am i never got it checked out...well after getting the balls to actually get it checked out i was told i have hernia...next step is go to a surgeon then see when i can get it fixed....it makes me sick to my stomach but hey what can i do...my gf's bro had it done and he said its no big deal...just wondering if any of you guys had the same problem, and if u guys can throw me some pointers...one other bad thing is now ill prob miss some time in the gym

Rhino58 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by illuzions
    one other bad thing is now ill prob miss some time in the gym
    i think that is the least of your worries, itsn't usually that hard. But my dad had one they couldnt remove.

BabyGirl01 is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by illuzions
    Well i went to the doctor on saturday i got bad news that i could have done without...u see i had this bulge in my pelvic area and i noticed that after lifting heavy weights i would get a pain in the same area...so being the dumbass that i am i never got it checked out...well after getting the balls to actually get it checked out i was told i have hernia...next step is go to a surgeon then see when i can get it fixed....it makes me sick to my stomach but hey what can i do...my gf's bro had it done and he said its no big deal...just wondering if any of you guys had the same problem, and if u guys can throw me some pointers...one other bad thing is now ill prob miss some time in the gym

Don't worry u will be fine. I know alot of people that had it done and they were all fine. Have the surgery..... Feel Better. Good luck

BG

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    The procedures that are done today are a cake walk..You will be up and running, pain free in no time at all..

Doc M

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    You'll be surprised at how quickly the Doc gives the "Go Ahead" to get back in the gym bro!

MJ

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Depends how long the hernia runs...the laparoscopic method is the way to go. I had conventional surgery and I couldn't walk for a week...and couldn't do anything hard for at least 4 weeks. With laparoscopic surgery...you're walking in a day.

worldknown is offline Banned
    my dad got one done like a year ago, usually they can just like inject it with a needle i think, but his was so big that they actually needed to cut it out and **** so it took longer to heal but hes 60 and it only took him like a week to heal up. good luck

thanx guys for all the replies...from what i hear it isnt too bad..but i still got that bad feeling...anyways....im meeting with the surgeon on fri (7/2/04) to see when we can get this taken care of....wish me luck!!!!!

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    good luck to you bro, always better to get things checked out. i wish you a speedy recovery back to the gym .

bubbathegut is offline Member
    the best part is that they shave half of your pubic hair off

nj123 is offline Member
    had it done a few months ago. its really no big deal, i was lifting in a week but carefully

decadbal is offline Banned
    good luck bro....

Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member
    Hope all goes well, No working out legs for a while, but other than that youll be fine.

yea no legs...haahha god forbid something tears...ouch!!!....well should be getting it taken care of asap...thank you for all the encouraging feedback...i dont feel as worried as i was before....

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    good luck bro and wish you a speedy recovery

peaker is offline Senior Member
    best of luck mate! you will be back in the gym before you know it.

the doc told me 3 months...but i think i can get back quicker...well, i hope i can...

Thread Information