heavyonly is offline Junior Member

New bench max for me today

My previous max was 285lbs. After 6 weeks on my cycle, today I maxed at 328lbs.

I'm feeling strong

Fullback57 is offline Associate Member
    Congrat's bro!!

MindBomb is offline Member

Thumbs up

Nice gains...Congrats bro.

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    lol...Do you guys have some special weights that my gym doesnt? How'd you get to 328...are you counting the clamps...or do you have powerlifting weights and shit?

Anyway...AWESOME BRO! That is unbelievable gains. Wow!

ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~
    How much do you weigh?

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by PaPaPumP
    lol...Do you guys have some special weights that my gym doesnt? How'd you get to 328...are you counting the clamps...or do you have powerlifting weights and shit?

Anyway...AWESOME BRO! That is unbelievable gains. Wow!

bortort is offline Associate Member
    slap on the back to ya. and a high five to go. congrat's on the new poundage.

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    That's sweet shit man. Keep up the hard work!!!

Canes4Ever is offline Banned

Thumbs up

Terrific bro !!! WTG !!!!

Nico is offline Associate Member
    Now that is what Im talkin' about! Excellent gains.

Originally posted by Khull_Khuum
    im feelin a bit left out being in the 150's range

You and me too Khull !!!

heavyonly is offline Junior Member
    PaPa

My gym is a little hole in the wall place. Some of the shit we use is ancient. I think Joe ran around and bought out places that were going out of business when he set the place up. We've got all kinds of weights, and a lot of different #'s.

This was done with a 50# bar, 4ea. 45# plates, 2ea. 22#, 4ea. 11#, and 2ea. 5#. We even have one 44lb plate hanging around just incase you're feeling off balance.

Thanks a lot guys, this is a big deal for me. I've never been much of a bench sucess.

I weigh 228#, 6'1"

Kid Shred is offline Member
    Nice jump in weight!!!!!

JOZIE is offline New Member
    Thats a great feeling isn't bro!!! I still remember my first big lift and how damn good
    it made me feel. I agree totally with diesel, the place I work out is a pit and I get
    some great workouts there with my bud bortort.

Hitman is offline Senior Member

Talking

awesome lifting mate well done, keep it up. allways a good feeling when you go up in weight like that.

cobra kid is offline Junior Member
    congrats bro....285 is about where i'm at now and i can't wait for the 3 plates

Originally posted by Kid Shred
    Nice jump in weight!!!!!
    Kid Shred is that you in your avatar? If it is, wow, you sure are shredded ! Look GREAT !

The Base is offline Associate Member
    I've just had a pr today 140kg (308lb). That has taken me from 110kg (242lb) since September last year. I'm 107kg (235lb) and 6'2".

Good going heavy!

Originally posted by The Base
    I've just had a pr today 140kg (308lb). That has taken me from 110kg (242lb) since September last year. I'm 107kg (235lb) and 6'2".

Good going heavy!
    WTG The Base ! Good lifting bro !

I'll be looking for a pr in my Back squat in 2 weeks, I've got a pr of 220kg (484lbs) so anything above that will be good - but I am on track! The one to get will be my Power clean - got to get that up to 130kg (286lbs) and at the moment I'm on 120kg (264lbs)

I'll be looking for a pr in my Back squat in 2 weeks, I've got a pr of 220kg (484lbs) so anything above that will be good - but I am on track! The one to get will be my Power clean - got to get that up to 130kg (286lbs) and at the moment I'm on 120kg (264lbs)
    The base is there a chance we could talk with PM's or email? I'd like to talk about your routine. Sounds like you have a winner and I'd like to see what you are doing to get these results. I sure could use some new ideas.

If folks here don't mind maybe you could post it here even.

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    You guys include the weight of the bar as well?

of course Bill!

Canes4Ever, I use a power lifting program and keep the reps around 5/6 for about 4/5 sets. You should be working above the comfort level so that this shit is hard - real hard. You should be blowing out of your a*se at the end of every session!!
    I look to work at about 85% of my max when doing these sessions but occassional I'm programmed to for the one rep max.
    When this happens we really go to town - we'll star the session off, say Back squat, (in Kg's) 10 x 60, 8 x 100, 6 x 130, 6 x 150, 2 x 180, 1 x 200, 3 x 160, 1 x 190, 3 x 160, 1 x 190, 3 x 160, 1 x 190.
    This will have the legs really working. This is how I've been going for my one rep max, in the middle of a programme. It ensures that you still do the hard work and get some fatique in the legs and then work through it, hence doing the 200kg squat and then fropping back to 160 and then back up.
    On Friday this week when i squat, I will be back to 5's. This will probably be 5 x 5 x 175kg - and that WILL hurt!

Feel free ti IM me!

As it happens, yesterday I had another couple of pr's.

117.5kg powerclean (not a pr but the press at the end was!! PRESS not jerk!!) 258.5lb
    212.5kg Deadlift - previous best of 200kg. Not an exercise that I have ever done before as i normally do a lot of pulls! But I'm still very pleased! 467.5lbs

$uperman is offline Member
    damn brother... that cycle is kicking some ass huh. you must be working you ass off too , just the cycle isnt gonna do that for you. your doing your homework bud

of course Bill!

Canes4Ever, I use a power lifting program and keep the reps around 5/6 for about 4/5 sets. You should be working above the comfort level so that this shit is hard - real hard. You should be blowing out of your a*se at the end of every session!!
    I look to work at about 85% of my max when doing these sessions but occassional I'm programmed to for the one rep max.
    When this happens we really go to town - we'll star the session off, say Back squat, (in Kg's) 10 x 60, 8 x 100, 6 x 130, 6 x 150, 2 x 180, 1 x 200, 3 x 160, 1 x 190, 3 x 160, 1 x 190, 3 x 160, 1 x 190.
    This will have the legs really working. This is how I've been going for my one rep max, in the middle of a programme. It ensures that you still do the hard work and get some fatique in the legs and then work through it, hence doing the 200kg squat and then fropping back to 160 and then back up.
    On Friday this week when i squat, I will be back to 5's. This will probably be 5 x 5 x 175kg - and that WILL hurt!

Feel free ti IM me!
    Sounds like a winner The Base. Thanks for the info, as I also have been following a PL program. I am going to incorporate your idea into my next routine cycle.

Again thanks for sharing.

As it happens, yesterday I had another couple of pr's.

117.5kg powerclean (not a pr but the press at the end was!! PRESS not jerk!!) 258.5lb
    212.5kg Deadlift - previous best of 200kg. Not an exercise that I have ever done before as i normally do a lot of pulls! But I'm still very pleased! 467.5lbs
    Very nice going brother, you are "DA MAN". That is very inspirational ! I can't wait to hit the gym this morning.

1 High Pulls (snatch grip from the hang) Back squats, Power cleans , Press behind neck, Seated pulls or lat pulls, Twists with weights
    2. High pulls (clean grip) front squats, power snatch, t bar rowing/ bent over rowing seated rowing or pulls
    3. High pulls clean grip, power snatch plus bits and bobs
    4. High pulls snatch grip, power clean plus bits and bobs
    5 Dead lift , bench press plus b&b
    5 sets of six until 17th of Feb 5 sets of 5 until 10th of March
    5 sets of 4 until you go away -- drop the weights to 3* 10 for the first week awaand then go back to 5*6
    The above is only small part of what I have been doing over the last few weeks
    Like I said, I have been following a powerlifting schedule. I generally do this at work when there is limited time. I have a diary and in that I have a number by the day, I have to do the number ie 22/2/2002 4, 23/2/02 2, etc etc
    When I train outside of work we make the program agreat deal more complex and thats where the squatting session comes in that I previously posted. The method of training there is about power, strength, fatique, getting through that and maintaining the strength as much as possible.
    Yesterday my program was this(outside work)
    Clean and press: 8 x 70, 6 x 80, 5 x 90, 5 x 100, 3 x 110, 3 x 110, 1 x 115, 1 x 117.5kg (all kg's) then one set of 10 clean pulls to the neck with 110kg.
    Clean pulls : 8 x 100, 5 x 110, 5 x 130, 5 x 140, 4 x 150, 4 x 150, 4 x 150 Then straight onto.....
    Deadlift 5 x 160, 3 x 180, 3 x 180, 1 x 200, 1 x 212.5, 2 x 190(with shrugs on this last one!)
    This all took around 2 hours and yes i was blowing our of my a*se.

I hope that gives everyone an insight to how I train!

pm me if you want a little help.

1 High Pulls (snatch grip from the hang) Back squats, Power cleans , Press behind neck, Seated pulls or lat pulls, Twists with weights
    2. High pulls (clean grip) front squats, power snatch, t bar rowing/ bent over rowing seated rowing or pulls
    3. High pulls clean grip, power snatch plus bits and bobs
    4. High pulls snatch grip, power clean plus bits and bobs
    5 Dead lift , bench press plus b&b
    5 sets of six until 17th of Feb 5 sets of 5 until 10th of March
    5 sets of 4 until you go away -- drop the weights to 3* 10 for the first week awaand then go back to 5*6
    The above is only small part of what I have been doing over the last few weeks
    Like I said, I have been following a powerlifting schedule. I generally do this at work when there is limited time. I have a diary and in that I have a number by the day, I have to do the number ie 22/2/2002 4, 23/2/02 2, etc etc
    When I train outside of work we make the program agreat deal more complex and thats where the squatting session comes in that I previously posted. The method of training there is about power, strength, fatique, getting through that and maintaining the strength as much as possible.
    Yesterday my program was this(outside work)
    Clean and press: 8 x 70, 6 x 80, 5 x 90, 5 x 100, 3 x 110, 3 x 110, 1 x 115, 1 x 117.5kg (all kg's) then one set of 10 clean pulls to the neck with 110kg.
    Clean pulls : 8 x 100, 5 x 110, 5 x 130, 5 x 140, 4 x 150, 4 x 150, 4 x 150 Then straight onto.....
    Deadlift 5 x 160, 3 x 180, 3 x 180, 1 x 200, 1 x 212.5, 2 x 190(with shrugs on this last one!)
    This all took around 2 hours and yes i was blowing our of my a*se.

I hope that gives everyone an insight to how I train!

pm me if you want a little help.
    That looks like a great routine The Base. I have used this kind of training when I 1st started lifting and always recommend to new lifters that they train for strength 1st before hypertrophy. It's good to get that solid base of strength before big muscles I have always heard.

CYCLEON Guest
    WOW!!! you mean you guys are actually benching weights and the bar????!!!!! The whole bar!!!!!!!??????? guess I shouldnt talk about my new record of adding the 2.5s for a total of 50lbs

BTW - great job on the growth and the new record!!!!!!!!

I have already done my hypertrophy period, and I may do another at the end of this program just to keep everything HARD and get ready for the fine tuning. But only a little hypertrophy period - maybe 2 weeks and thats it.
    I've got to start thinking about speed work as well soon so....

Oh and sarcasm is the lowest form of wit....but funny!! (Cycleon! lol)

Thread Information