Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Gym wrecker

  1. #1
    Prime's Avatar
    Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Tropical England
    Posts
    3,531

    Gym wrecker

    I was having a pretty good workout today. I finished squatting having acheived what i wanted too. Then i started sneezing. I get bad hayfever and was sneezing for like 3 mins without stopping. When that stopped i started feeling sleepy and my workout was well and truly going downhill fast. By the time i got to front squats i was ready to go home. I diddnt realise the bar was slightly bent and as i unracked it, it started to roll off my delts and down my chest. I went to rack it as fast as possible but missed one side. Man did it make a loud crash! Well i diddnt realise, but i had just broken my first olympic bar I broke off the end that i had managed to rack, altho at the time i diddnt realise. I racked it properly, and did 2 more sets, still struggling against the crappy bent bar! I should have swapped it but i couldnt be bothered to unload and then reload another bar. Well as i unloaded the bar at the end. I was pulling off the last 20kg pate and the end of the bar came with it. I suddenly realised why it had been so bloody hard to balance! The way i see it. If the peice of $hit haddnt been bent then i wouldnt have had to re-rack it, therefore it isnt my fault that i broke it.

  2. #2
    Carlos_E's Avatar
    Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    17,817
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime
    I was having a pretty good workout today. I finished squatting having acheived what i wanted too. Then i started sneezing. I get bad hayfever and was sneezing for like 3 mins without stopping. When that stopped i started feeling sleepy and my workout was well and truly going downhill fast. By the time i got to front squats i was ready to go home. I diddnt realise the bar was slightly bent and as i unracked it, it started to roll off my delts and down my chest. I went to rack it as fast as possible but missed one side. Man did it make a loud crash! Well i diddnt realise, but i had just broken my first olympic bar I broke off the end that i had managed to rack, altho at the time i diddnt realise. I racked it properly, and did 2 more sets, still struggling against the crappy bent bar! I should have swapped it but i couldnt be bothered to unload and then reload another bar. Well as i unloaded the bar at the end. I was pulling off the last 20kg pate and the end of the bar came with it. I suddenly realised why it had been so bloody hard to balance! The way i see it. If the peice of $hit haddnt been bent then i wouldnt have had to re-rack it, therefore it isnt my fault that i broke it.
    How much weight were you pushing to break the bar?

  3. #3
    Elliot's Avatar
    Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    4,353
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    How much weight were you pushing to break the bar?

    probobly an old bar.. that **** used to happen at my old gym.. your pressing all of a sudden the ****en thing slides down..

  4. #4
    Prime's Avatar
    Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Tropical England
    Posts
    3,531
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    How much weight were you pushing to break the bar?
    not much. It wasnt the weight, it was the fact that i missed the rack on one side so all the inertia broke off the other end that was racked.

  5. #5
    Soldier of Misfortune's Avatar
    Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    1,459
    One time I was squattin at my gym by myself and they got them floor speakers on small shelves on the wall about 7ft up. Well I was in the middle of a set and the bass from metallica shook the speaker off the rack and hit the bench right under it which was right next to the squat rack. Scared the piss outta me. it ended up trashing the speaker and broke the bench good. Had it been chest day it probably would have broken my leg and drop a bar on my neck.

  6. #6
    bubbathegut's Avatar
    bubbathegut is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    PLZ dont IM me 4 Source's
    Posts
    754
    its better than being a home wrecker

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    In the woods
    Posts
    614
    haha you would have owned that gym thought niu rotc

  8. #8
    Benches505's Avatar
    Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    3,366
    One of my most prized posessions is a bill from the gym for a bar that I bent I keep it framed in my office

  9. #9
    Prime's Avatar
    Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Tropical England
    Posts
    3,531
    Quote Originally Posted by Benches505
    One of my most prized posessions is a bill from the gym for a bar that I bent I keep it framed in my office
    how much was on it?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •