ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~

Had a great time in Hawii...

Had a great time over there. I didn't really mind the heat and humidity. It wasn't nearly as bad IMO as the dry heat down in arizona, although many were complaining. It is a beautiful state to visit. I stayed on Maui which doesn't have too many locals living there. It's more of a touristy place and the land is natural and much is undeveloped which is cool. It's nothing like the big island which is basically like Los Angeles. Maui has very nice shores, warm/clean water, and tons of activities. I went scuba diving, parasailing, jet skiing, and took the helicopter ride. I reserved the rst of the time for the beach and the pool. Tons of good looking ladies. My only complaint is that most of Maui closes around 10pm. It doesn't have much for night life...

Here's a run down,
    1. On any activity you sign up for, whether it be a cruise, snorkeling, diving, fishing, bring extra cash. They charge for EVERYTHING.

2. Wear tons of sunscreen and apply every hr or 2. I got burned but not too bad.

3. Shop around- It's kinda like mexico. All the stores sell the same **** that they buy from China but some are far more expensive than others.

4. Good luck finding a house. I did a bit of looking while I was there cause it could be an option at some point to move there. An older, 3 bedroom 2 bath, 1500 SQ Ft house goes for about 500k. Housing is far worse than southern Cali.

5. Just remember that most locals do resent the white people because they think we took their land and foced them to be a state. Just keep that in mind when dealing with local Hawiian's. Some that were'nt in the tourist area's were pricks. Food isn't nearly expensive over ther as everyone makes it out to be.

6. Locals are very pushy when it comes to women. Even the americans that have only lived there a short time. I had my sis with me at a bar and some punk rolled right up to her and grabbed her arm in front of me. He asked her who I was and when I was introduced as the "brother" he said good, they he could do as he wished. Her asked for a phone number and if she'd go to his room, she said no and he got ticked off and started calling her names. Well, I threw him down about 10 stairs and his 2 buddies quickly followed. Good thing I was a "happy drunk" that night...

Just my observations, had a great time but spent a TON of cash.

TPAK is offline Associate Member
    Good to hear you had a good time. That is totaly screwed up about your sister bro. What the hell makes guys think they can act like that.

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Sounds like it was a good time bro......I haven't been to maui yet,but it's the next on my list.For myself,living in FL,it's been really easy to visit all the caribbean islands.And I do know what you're talking about when you mentioned the resentment.All the caribbean islands are that way as well.They def don't like the white man down there.
    But glad you had fun bro....and you got to toss a few locals as well.....let the good times roll.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Offcourse it costs alot of money when you go to the tourist city of hawaii, if you go to a smaller island you wont hafto pay as much. That guy was a real prick and you always seem to end up in trouble my friend haha! Rock on!

big daddy k de is offline Senior Member
    good to see you had a good time bro ..good work with the guy and your sister...never let anyone mess with fam .....post some pics ...i allways wanted to go to the islands

whiteyk is offline Pimp in Training
    bro i just got back from kauai yesterday, i had a great time, but i grew up there so i didnt do any touristy stuff

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    No Sh*t, I leave for Maui tomorrow....and I do not hav e ton of cash. I plan on doing some of the things you did but not all....I would love to go jet skiing in that clear ass water....hey was there any surf over there? I am going for a wedding....so I will be there for a week. Do you recomeend anything else. I am staying in the town of Lahaina.....I heard they have a Gold's Gym there....I was thinking of hitting the gym a couple of days...the days I am not hung over....lol.

Ironfist, if you could give me some more things to do I would appreciate it.....you could PM me if you want! Thanks!

whiteyk is offline Pimp in Training
    there should be some surf tomorrow and maybe the next day....there was a south swell comin up yesterday when i left

Quote Originally Posted by whiteyk
    there should be some surf tomorrow and maybe the next day....there was a south swell comin up yesterday when i left
    Nice....will check it out!

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I lived on Oahu - you just got to get away from Wakiki and all the tourist and life starts to return to normal... plus, when you live there you get the local discounts on stuff... the kama'aina discounts... an apartment on the Ewa side was pretty reasonable... the reason I had to leave was with all the beauty and everything - it's still just a little island in the middle of the Pacific...

Quote Originally Posted by whiteyk
    bro i just got back from kauai yesterday, i had a great time, but i grew up there so i didnt do any touristy stuff
    I was staying at the Kaunapali Beach hotel...The entire island og Maui is an awesome place...

Quote Originally Posted by Butch
    No Sh*t, I leave for Maui tomorrow....and I do not hav e ton of cash. I plan on doing some of the things you did but not all....I would love to go jet skiing in that clear ass water....hey was there any surf over there? I am going for a wedding....so I will be there for a week. Do you recomeend anything else. I am staying in the town of Lahaina.....I heard they have a Gold's Gym there....I was thinking of hitting the gym a couple of days...the days I am not hung over....lol.

Ironfist, if you could give me some more things to do I would appreciate it.....you could PM me if you want! Thanks!
    The Golds gym was ok...It's right next door to a martial arts school who supposedely had a good BJJ guy buit they were closed. I stayed in Kanapauli which is right next door to laihaina. There is a hard rock cafe and a bar called Moose's in downtown Laihaina on front street. those were the happening places in Lahaina. Kanapaili has the best beaches, that's also where the new golds is gonna be soon. The jet ski's were $85 an hour. If you are gonna drink, buy a few bottles and get a buzz before ytou go out cause drinks are spendy. Don't do the submarine, it sucks...Deep sea fishing looked ghetto also. The cannary mall was pretty cool and a mex restauarnt in there called compadres was awesome...

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Another fight, and woman (yuor sis this time) and another flight of stairs!. I'll be having a word with Matt Thorton about you boy'o

Did you drive around the volcano? The black sand beaches on the southern end are great... they got the bike trail to the top as well...

I rode around the smaller Northwestern part of Maui, starting and ending in Laihaina (we were docked off shore - could see the cruiser from Hard Rock)... we nearly fell out of dehydration because the squid we had with us started using the bottle water to wash his feet! We also didn't ops check the bike we rented to well - the chains kept falling off going up the steep hill... but all in all, it was an awesome trip...

Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    Another fight, and woman (yuor sis this time) and another flight of stairs!. I'll be having a word with Matt Thorton about you boy'o
    LOL...I don't think Matt likes me anyways...Guess I'll be skipping the next seminar. I missed the 1 with the Berkley Police, heard it was pretty good. I'll let Cory go up there and get his butt kicked. He's got some privates scheduled with Burton and Thornton this summer as well as some time with Randy and Team Quest....

Beat is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ironfist
    Well, I threw him down about 10 stairs and his 2 buddies quickly followed. Good thing I was a "happy drunk" that night...
    hahaha! good fuking job man, i would do the same if some prick did that to my sis..

hey I want to go there to study for one year.. anybody got any suggestions or tips for me that concern studying there?

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    I lived on Oahu - you just got to get away from Wakiki and all the tourist and life starts to return to normal... plus, when you live there you get the local discounts on stuff... the kama'aina discounts... an apartment on the Ewa side was pretty reasonable... the reason I had to leave was with all the beauty and everything - it's still just a little island in the middle of the Pacific...
    are there any good gyms on Oahu? and do you know what prices a year or 6 months costs there?
    also how much is the rent on the Ewa side for an apartment?

Quote Originally Posted by Beat
    are there any good gyms on Oahu? and do you know what prices a year or 6 months costs there?
    also how much is the rent on the Ewa side for an apartment?
    I had a membership at the Pearl Ridge 24 Hour Fitness. Big, high ceiling, good/clean equipment (the big plastic coated weights in Kilo's 2.5, 5, 10, 15, 20, 25), professional visits (some local Hawaiian Pro Bodybuilders workout there and I saw Lee Priest and Cathy LeFrancois once)... it's the standard 24 Hour Fitness price table. From 17-39 USD per month... depending on if you want one gym location or all of them... or if you want 7 days per week or alternate days... also, prepaying a year saves a lot of money.

Man... that was about 2-3 years ago... but I think it was around $750 Ewa side... it was a 2 story apartment... I think 1 bedroom... it was nice. Get with the college and see if they have a roster started of people looking for flat mates...

The only problem I foresee is the Ewa side has a lot of Samoans (very large locals) with a lot traditional Hawaiian pride... if you are a white or black man you would stick out. I never had any problems with them... especially on Oahu (much more developed than the other islands) but some people I know have had run-ins... just so you know... but it's really not that big of an issue. Just get a good tan and pretend you are portugese... and say "brah" and "da kine" a lot The thing they are kinda sore about is the fact that the islands have had a strong US presence there since WWII (several bases) and most of the pure Hawaiians are gone... many are now Hawaiian/Japanese (large Japanese presence there - almost have to know Japanese and English to get a job anywhere near Waikiki)...

It's a very beautiful place to live...

UnNaturalBuff is offline Member
    my bro (who got me started in the juice game) just moved to hawaii to live with his mom. He tried like hell to get me to leave my old lady and come with, but sadly I didn't. The prick keeps sending me pics every day to rub it in, lol

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    The only problem I foresee is the Ewa side has a lot of Samoans (very large locals) with a lot traditional Hawaiian pride... if you are a white or black man you would stick out. I never had any problems with them... especially on Oahu (much more developed than the other islands) but some people I know have had run-ins... just so you know... but it's really not that big of an issue.
    As far as women... I was told the darker you are the more they love you. When I got to Hawaii I found out IT'S TRUE! They love dark men. I had a GREAT time.

palequail is offline Banned
    Born and raised on Kauai......Hawaii is the ****...

I just got back from Maui and I had an awesome time. I went to the Gold's Gym in Lahhiana and it SUCKED monkey balls....probably due tot the fact that next weeke the new will be open. I did the town thing one night...it was cool but the locals want nothing to do with you. We had a condo just below Kapalua...where the wedding was at (the Ritz). I condo was on the water so there was no need to go anywhere else.

Had a good time drank way too much and smoke way too much herb!

I had a membership at the Pearl Ridge 24 Hour Fitness. Big, high ceiling, good/clean equipment (the big plastic coated weights in Kilo's 2.5, 5, 10, 15, 20, 25), professional visits (some local Hawaiian Pro Bodybuilders workout there and I saw Lee Priest and Cathy LeFrancois once)... it's the standard 24 Hour Fitness price table. From 17-39 USD per month... depending on if you want one gym location or all of them... or if you want 7 days per week or alternate days... also, prepaying a year saves a lot of money.

Man... that was about 2-3 years ago... but I think it was around $750 Ewa side... it was a 2 story apartment... I think 1 bedroom... it was nice. Get with the college and see if they have a roster started of people looking for flat mates...

The only problem I foresee is the Ewa side has a lot of Samoans (very large locals) with a lot traditional Hawaiian pride... if you are a white or black man you would stick out. I never had any problems with them... especially on Oahu (much more developed than the other islands) but some people I know have had run-ins... just so you know... but it's really not that big of an issue. Just get a good tan and pretend you are portugese... and say "brah" and "da kine" a lot The thing they are kinda sore about is the fact that the islands have had a strong US presence there since WWII (several bases) and most of the pure Hawaiians are gone... many are now Hawaiian/Japanese (large Japanese presence there - almost have to know Japanese and English to get a job anywhere near Waikiki)...

It's a very beautiful place to live...
    awsome! 17-39 USD per month is great thnx for the info

Thread Information