View Poll Results: Which one did you like more?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blood and Guts by Dorian Yates

9 60.00%
  • The Cost of Redemption by Ronnie Coleman

1 6.67%
  • THE UNBELIEVABLE by R.Coleman

5 33.33%
    LM1332 Guest

Ok i just saw 3 different Bodybuilding movies

Ok so i saw 2 movies by Ronnie Coleman The Unbelievable and the the new one forgot the name. And i saw one by Dorian Yates Blood and Guts and i gotta say i kinduh lost all of little respect i have for Ronnie i mean yes ok he lifts heavy but with the MOST horrible form ive seen to this day. As for Dorian great stuff but i think he relys on machines too much.

What is your opinion?

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    IMO dorian would be even better than he was, if he stuck to barbell and dumbbell lifts rather than machines.

Beernutz is offline Member
    I agree 100% with your comments about ronnie. I dont know how someone could lift with such dangerous and sloppy form and still be considered one of the best. He is a monster no doubt but i have more respect for someone who isnt as big but atleast looks like he knows how to train safely and properly.

decadbal is offline Banned
    ronnie trains the way that works for him, which it does, dont knock it. his body is better than anyone in the ifbb or world.

I never said he wasnt huge. I agree that he does have 1 of the best physiques but there is no way that he couldnt build his body just as good with safer training methods.

LM1332 Guest
    Im not knocking on anything im just stating that he works with extremly dangerous weight and with a very sloppy form. I mean he was working his BI's ok he was swinging that thing like he was gonna kill someone

BDTR is offline Retired
    Move the weight... That's all there is to it. As long the muscle is being hit, whats it matter? I'm sure he's tried both.. he clearly knows what works for him.

I dont think anyone can give advice to ronnie or dorian.. as not a single one of you will ever have a body that even remotely resembles them in their EARLY years.

LM1332 Guest
    Well first off i dont wanna have a body like Dorian or Coleman but i do admire what they both have done.

As for Dorian i have no complains with him for the exception of relying on machines a little too much other wise he has a very perfect form.

As for Coleman i'd talk to him regarding form though. You can move weight all you want but if you **** your back up no weight is gonna help you.

Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    Move the weight... That's all there is to it. As long the muscle is being hit, whats it matter? I'm sure he's tried both.. he clearly knows what works for him.

I dont think anyone can give advice to ronnie or dorian.. as not a single one of you will ever have a body that even remotely resembles them in their EARLY years.

PurePower is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdtr

If that aint the truth.

Mealticket is offline Senior Member
    he's obviously not to sloppy w/ his movements or he'd be injured

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    I haven't even seen Dorian's movie yet....

Where can I get it?

EDIT: Fuk it lol...I'm buying it this weekend...
    Last edited by Blown_SC; 06-30-2004 at 11:41 PM.

Not everyone uses perfect form that is big. A lot of people don't. So many people argue about form this and form that. Honestly, the amount of people I know that use bad form,that's compared to that same amount that gets injured is very small

Ill agree good form is nice to have,but for the form preachers. Talking about Ronnie Coleman is one of those cases where your fu*ked regardless of what you can say about him. He's one of the few bodybuilders I see that lifts extremely heavy and he is the biggest. Throw in some sauce with that receipe and it makes you wonder if the other guys might wanna go a little heavier without such perfect form....

Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member
    I dont think his form is wrong, take one look at him and tell me hes doing something wrong, he is the biggest and most muscular and most porportioned man on the earth so its quite clear hes doing everything right. Form doesnt get you big, lifting heavy weight does, like bdtr said,as long as the muscle is being hit it doesnt matter.

animal-inside is offline Senior Member
    blood and guts all the way

decadbal is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Testsubject
    I dont think his form is wrong, take one look at him and tell me hes doing something wrong, he is the biggest and most muscular and most porportioned man on the earth so its quite clear hes doing everything right. Form doesnt get you big, lifting heavy weight does, like bdtr said,as long as the muscle is being hit it doesnt matter.
    finally someone who can actually see the real picture instead of knocking the greatest bodybuilder ever..

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    Maybe...just maybe...we had it all wrong from the beginning. Maybe Ronnie Coleman's form is proper and the rest of us just have real **** form. Who knows. Bottom line is that it works and it's working well.

I haven't seen The Cost Of Redemption yet, but I liked The Unbelievable over Blood & Guts.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Cost of redemption is good if you cut out watching ronnie eat all the time. It is a 3hour movie and 1.5 hours is watching him eat, it would be one thing if you were watching him prepare meals but he is eating out at chain restraunts, the same two places over and over. I am in the process now of editiing the dvd to take out all the garbage and create my own edition for personal use.

nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    never saw either of them. where do you guys buy your videos they dont have them around me and i cant find them on the internet.

w_rballs is offline Anabolic Member
    all of the nitrotech and celltech help ronnie's muscle so thy dont get injuried as easily. im sure he takes a celltech right before he works out and gets a incredible rush of energy to lift all those weights.

probably, hey you never know, but it cant be steroids , he's a cop and they test for them, (i am being very sarcastic, just so you know)

LM1332 Guest
    haha yes you know i never liked ronnie to begin with and when i saw the videos didnt like him even more. DORIAN ALL THE WAY!!!!!

I dunno what more to say guys. If it works for him then great. I would never consider giving Ronnie advice. But ive seen to many pple workout like him who have blown shoulders and lower backs doing movements like his. How could you guys say that aslong as you move the weights thats all that matters. Thats completely wrong. Take BB curls for example how could someone swing the weight all the way up with complete $hitty form and say he got as good of a workout as someone who leans there back on a wall and does his curls with no swinging. Your bis dont do 1/2 as much work when you swing then when you do the form properly.

thats the point i always try to make, although i dont advicate using sloppy form, ive seen people do half assed curls with huge arms.

nsa
    nsa is offline King of Supplements
    Bottom line for all you ronnie knockers, he's the heaviest Mr. O to ever weigh in and win. Knock that...

flexin-rph is offline Member
    I still say "Blood & Guts" is & always will be the most motivating, hard-core
    training video ever filmed.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Quote Originally Posted by nickrizz
    never saw either of them. where do you guys buy your videos they dont have them around me and i cant find them on the internet.
    Blood and guts and unbelievable are widely available on kazaa for free download, I bought cost of redemption at http://www.supplementclearance.com/

for $25.00

thanks buddy

Thread Information