helios is offline Associate Member

Unhappy Got a speeding ticket- If youre an NJ resident i need some HELP

Last nite I went into NYC to do some bar hoping with some buddies of mine and crash in the city. On my way in I get pulled over on FDR drive for speeding. I was ****ting my pants bc my driving record isnt exactly spotless. Long story short the shmuck that I am ends up losing the ticket so now I have to go back in and get it.

I am planning on attending the court date. My question is this...If I am an NJ resident and I dont get a plea bargain to drop the points, are they transferred to my NJ driving record? Or are NY points only relative to NY? The reason I ask is bc I know NY does not add points recieved for out of state violations so I was wondering (and hoping) if its the same for NJ

anyone here have any experience with something similar?

-Helios
    Last edited by helios; 07-03-2004 at 02:18 PM.

1badcamaro is offline Anabolic Member
    not exaclty sure, but i don't believe they will be transferred to NJ..........One way to find out for sure is to call the courthouse, they will be able to give you the answer.

helios is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1badcamaro
    not exaclty sure, but i don't believe they will be transferred to NJ..........One way to find out for sure is to call the courthouse, they will be able to give you the answer.
    Thanks bro good idea. I dunno Im getting a bad feeling NJ does pick up out-of-state violations. I was looking at the DMV website and it mentions 2 pts for out-of-state violations but does not mention which ones I am assuming they are for felony driving offenses or something along that line

-Helios

1badcamaro is offline Anabolic Member
    well good luck bro, i'd hate to see ya lose your license

Thread Information