symatech is offline Retired Moderator

Is my monitor dying?

So just yesterday the monitor on my comp has started to turn shades of blue. Sometimes I can smack it on the side and it gets better for awhile. But the longer its on the more blue seems to flicker into it. is it going to die?

ENraged is offline Senior Member
    yes and no check the connect to the video card it may be coming out. mine did that when you smack it the shake travels down the cord and straithens it out for a bit. i had to reseat my vid card and its been golden for the past 2 years

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    mine is a shade of green is this also coz of the vid card?

rambo is offline The Lord God
    If anyone wants a 21" Flat Screen CRT monitor I will sell it to you for so **** cheap. I'm talking like $100. Just gotta get rid of it.

Make sure you have nothing magnetic around it...I built a bandpass box to custom fit in the bottom on my entertainment center,and I was young and dumb and never even thought about the magnets...Waste of time... but yea make sure it will turn your sh*t into a rainbow...other then that its prolly dead...unless its the cords or card.

The most common culprit when a colour (Red Green or Blue) goes missing or becomes proeminent is the cable connecting the monitor to the video card... specifically the connector at the end.

Of course it can also be an electronic problem inside the monitor, but the first thing to check is that connector (wiggle it and see if the image behaves strangely on the screen). It's a lot cheaper to have a connector replaced if thats the only problem than buying a new screen.

Red

Sierra_Breeze is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by goodtobeapimp
    Make sure you have nothing magnetic around it...I built a bandpass box to custom fit in the bottom on my entertainment center,and I was young and dumb and never even thought about the magnets...Waste of time... but yea make sure it will turn your sh*t into a rainbow...other then that its prolly dead...unless its the cords or card.
    Same thing happened to mine, I sat a set of 12'' car speakers next to my computer desk(needed extra room in my trunk) and my screen was ever color in the rainbow!

Also that's what my sons monitor did just before it went kaput! Hope you fix it soon

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    thanks for the tips everybody. There are no magnets around and I dont even own a TV so I have wiggled the connector at the monitor end and it seems to get better. I have it presently ghetto rigged with some duct tape placed in strategic positions and it seems to be alright. Guess i can stop hitting my monitor, prolly hurt it more than helped it. thanks again!

peace

Thread Information