steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT

Alcohol vs. Muscle

I know the beer is bad. But I like the beer. The Beer never did anything wrong, the user just gets too stupid sometimes.
    So why, please tell me, why speak so lowly of the beer. Everyone talks about hurting their gains, but aside from temporay loss of water wieght, three or four beers seems harmless.
    What I am asking for here is solid reasoning behind or against cutting the beer out of the diet.
    Let the discussion begin

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Read the ingredients, calories, and all nutritional information printed, and available for study, that is enough reason on its own...
    Also, cost, dehydration....many others....
    Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the odd Moosehead, but those are the reasons why NOT...

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    I see nothing wrong with the occasional drink. I really don't like beer but do go out occasionally and drink a few vodka tonics or just some whiskey. Moderation is the key though. If you drink alcohol to much or to often it can hurt your goals in the long run.

UrbanLegend is offline Senior Member
    Alcohol is one of the best testosterone supressants around.......Plus its empty calories. I think it lowers the metabolism too as its a depressant.

It makes you dumb too

IMO drinking is a waste of time. Not dissing those that drink, just saying its not my thing. Plus its more fun to be sober when all the girls around you aren't.

decadbal is offline Banned
    drinking doesnt help me achieve my goals in life, not many drunks have anything i want, ugly women, small houses, low income.. those are things i dont want associated with me. moderation is key, ppl who can control it is fine, its the ppl who cant, or think they can and cant, and that is what most ppl are, most ppl who say they can stop or control their drinkin really cant. alcohol also inhibits protein synthesis.

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    You treat it like any other junk food or "habit".

You find out what you can get away with eating/drinking/etc. in regards to the goals have set forth for yourself. Everyone will differ here.

If you're making the grade, you have nothing to worry about.
    If your images are beginning to fade, time to take the alcohol out.

~SC~

Dally is offline The Dally Lama
    yap, I'm pretty much a frakin alcoholic for frack sakes... lovin the JD .. that was gonna be my username...

and you know I'd be in much better shape with a heavier ass bank wad and had a hell of a better memory and wouldn't have got in so many fights (wouldnt have my hand all wrapped in gauze right now too) woulda had more friends, wouldnt have broke up with my old mama's .... well, actually thats the only thing come to think of that I like about drinkin..

everything else SUXX...

god I am soooo hungover!

solid-d is offline Member
    i went on a nice 4 day binge this weekend... And I missed work last night cause I forgot.. I mean i woke up this moring(2pm) and realized I missed work.. But anyway, its time to rest up and hit the gym hard this week.. I just like partying with my friends.. I never drink alone..

Governor is offline Junior Member
    alcohol and bodybuilding do not mix. alcohol lowers test, obliterates protein synthesis, has empty cals and carbs, cuases deyhration that ****s up krebs cycle due to loss of water, slows metabolism, hard on the liver and toxic to the entire body, depletes glycogen and creatine stores. hm....not me, sorry.

Governor is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by decadbal
    drinking doesnt help me achieve my goals in life, not many drunks have anything i want, ugly women, small houses, low income.. those are things i dont want associated with me. moderation is key, ppl who can control it is fine, its the ppl who cant, or think they can and cant, and that is what most ppl are, most ppl who say they can stop or control their drinkin really cant. alcohol also inhibits protein synthesis.

i agree 100%

Mart651 is offline The Redneck Queen of the Lounge
    I guess I am just a loser. I got ****ed up Friday. Laid in the bathtub just so the room would quit spinning. Oh well. If it surpressed my test I guess I will have to double the dose.

Quake is offline Member
    10 pints and 40 mg of Nolva please, got to keep the BT's away!

Thread Information