Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: what an idiot

  1. #1
    Galoot67's Avatar
    Galoot67 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    planet earth
    Posts
    132

    what an idiot

    So im the other day im checking my yahoo email. Its a confimation letter for an order with a list of gear, email's, adress..everything. Some idiot sent it to me by accident. What a coincidence huh? Not like I have anything on order anyways. And i would never order from a website in the first place. I was about to send him an email saying that i changed my adress and had it sent to me. lol

  2. #2
    SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    25,778
    Quote Originally Posted by Galoot67
    So im the other day im checking my yahoo email. Its a confimation letter for an order with a list of gear, email's, adress..everything. Some idiot sent it to me by accident. What a coincidence huh? Not like I have anything on order anyways. And i would never order from a website in the first place. I was about to send him an email saying that i changed my adress and had it sent to me. lol
    This is going around to a ton of people.

    It's a ploy to get you to place a similar order, thus showing you the "ease" of which it's supposedly done.

    Only problem is that they don't realize that we are supposed to think we were sent this on accident, which does nothing to comfort me, seeing as they could very well send my information to someone else, and there goes your anonymity and privacy.

    Scammers don't think that far.

    ~SC~

  3. #3
    Galoot67's Avatar
    Galoot67 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    planet earth
    Posts
    132
    in the email it showed both sender's and reciever's secured emails. How and why would my email get used my misteak? Stupidity. I hear ya SC i wouldnt want my info getting sent to someone else by acciedent could end up in the wrong hands.

  4. #4
    bad_man's Avatar
    bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    What's a rusty trombone?
    Posts
    2,540
    This is a "marketing ploy" that has been around for a while. I get them for stock tips, real estate "deals", secret lists of government repos, etc. They always make it look like it was sent to me by "accident".

  5. #5
    iNvid's Avatar
    iNvid is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    1,323
    I get sh*t like that all the time. Mostly mortgage stuff.

  6. #6
    Galoot67's Avatar
    Galoot67 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    planet earth
    Posts
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by bad_man
    This is a "marketing ploy" that has been around for a while. I get them for stock tips, real estate "deals", secret lists of government repos, etc. They always make it look like it was sent to me by "accident".
    Ok i understand now, took a while for my attention span to come around.

  7. #7
    SV-1's Avatar
    SV-1 is offline Respected Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    The Lab
    Posts
    5,467
    I've heard about this scam, but I've yet to receive it.


    Makes me sad.

  8. #8
    LeanMeOut's Avatar
    LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    One up on you
    Posts
    4,446
    Quote Originally Posted by SV-1
    I've heard about this scam, but I've yet to receive it.


    Makes me sad.

    Same here ;(


    <<LMO>>

  9. #9
    Galoot67's Avatar
    Galoot67 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    planet earth
    Posts
    132
    the site is bunk too, i remember reading somewhere on AR a little while ago that the site was bad, i cant remember where i read it

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •