Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    "It's not a black thing.. it's an a$$hole thing"

Unfortunately most blacks I've run into at clubs/bars are obnoxious a$$holes... gives them all a bad name. Look at what Bill Cosby said (a fellow black guy).

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurb999
    "It's not a black thing.. it's an a$$hole thing"

Unfortunately most blacks I've run into at clubs/bars are obnoxious a$$holes... gives them all a bad name. Look at what Bill Cosby said (a fellow black guy).
    Could you remind me of what he said? It was at an awards show right?

mass junkie is offline banned
    all of this could have been avoided if you would of read the sign correctly

you thought you read
    "Dave & Busters" cuz you wanted to get your game on

The real sign read

"Dave & his buster ass ni**as"

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    all of this could have been avoided if you would of read the sign correctly

you thought you read
    "Dave & Busters" cuz you wanted to get your game on

The real sign read

"Dave & his buster ass ni**as"

sweet

50%Natural is offline Respected Member
    mart, I feel you.....and I'll just leave it at that

DADDYDBOL is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 50%Natural
    mart, I feel you.....and I'll just leave it at that

me too....and i'll add that alot of white guys are getting really sick of it down here in houston....and we all know what can happen when a group of white guys get together to do something.....

Z-Ro is offline Senior Member
    I understand ya too Mart, thats good that you kept your composure. I also, don't get why society in general gives into these types of things, occasionaly I'll go somewhere with a black guy i know, and I get stares too, and occasionaly they'll try to be a smart a$$ too, but i try to let it go. at least you, your wife, and your friends made it out okay!

iNvid is offline Senior Member
    You kept your cool and thats what matters man, **** them.

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    reality - it IS a black white thing - and society has a conniptive fit if "white people" call other people a nigger (unless of course they call each other that) - yet they give them an award when some people call others whitey

In fact, entire school departments are funded to study and inculcate racism - they call it afro-american studies - that makes it ok you see - because Americans with darker skin are obviously different and too stupid to make it on their own or to be just "Americans" like every other immigrant group that came here - thats why they need big "whitey" government to do everything for them and teach them about their racial identity so that they can be sure to know that they are not really one of "us" - whoever that is - what a big fat crock of it - unfortunately too many, both light skinned and dark, have swallowed this lie so far

and dont give me this crap - there are a lot more places you can go where you are in serious danger as a "white guy" than as a "black guy"

ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~
    Quote Originally Posted by CYCLEON
    reality - it IS a black white thing - and society has a conniptive fit if "white people" call other people a nigger (unless of course they call each other that) - yet they give them an award when some people call others whitey

In fact, entire school departments are funded to study and inculcate racism - they call it afro-american studies - that makes it ok you see - because Americans with darker skin are obviously different and too stupid to make it on their own or to be just "Americans" like every other immigrant group that came here - thats why they need big "whitey" government to do everything for them and teach them about their racial identity so that they can be sure to know that they are not really one of "us" - whoever that is - what a big fat crock of it - unfortunately too many, both light skinned and dark, have swallowed this lie so far

and dont give me this crap - there are a lot more places you can go where you are in serious danger as a "white guy" than as a "black guy"
    Preach on...

slamd097 is offline Banned
    hey busta up your a$$...sheesh...Phx is quickly turning into that sort of thing...there are just some clubs you don't go into because of who you are..serioulsy..your white and walk into a club that plays hip hop or what ever..you better be bringing your homies!!!

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    there are a lot more places you can go where you are in serious danger as a "white guy" than as a "black guy"
    I'll reply by quoting a white friend I just showed your post to. "That is stupid. Don't waste your time replying."

He is white ... those were his own words.

I am inclined to actually agree with Cyclone...happens to be the ugly turth..

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    I don't think this thread is doing anything to improve the situation.
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

amen SISTER!! lol...change the subject..

DAM yankees

Symian is offline Member
    It all comes down to respect. Some people have it and some don't. I'll leave it at that.

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    I'll reply by quoting a white friend I just showed your post to. "That is stupid. Don't waste your time replying."

He is white ... those were his own words.
    point is - I dont care what his skin color is - only if what Im saying is true - and when people can actually get THAT through their heads, the world will be a better place

and if people would listen a tad more to Dr King and less to M.O.B., they might not be stuck in the getto with unintelligible language skills, having fathered 3 children with different women by age 22, no prospect of a real job, glued to a government handout and taught that their problem is all "whitey's" fault

that isnt just a "black" thing of course, but if you look at the numbers, it is an enormous proportion compared to any other community - and no, its not because whitey is holding them down, its because they have been too decieved by their racebaiting craven corrupt "so called" leaders to stand up themselves

and that is a horrible tragedy - so many minds, so much potential, pissed in the wind

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    sorry to hear about that Mart...being from the South I understand exactly what you went through...on a lighter note, Dave and Buster's is a cooll place...liquor and video games...I went to the one in Houston and it was fine...go figure...

zx7racing is offline Senior Member
    i'm the same way bro.. i grew up near knoxville tn and as most would imagine, its pretty racial there. not trying to give a general stereotype to the area, just saying that people like to "stick to their own kind in those parts".. ive even had people in my HS passing out KKK cards..
    anyway, just blow it off bro- racism is the root of ignorance and if you let it get to you, it will only bring you down..
    you did the right thing by not blowing up- you would have been in a world of trouble in the situation you descibed. but, its still BS that people of any race want to act that way... what cha going to do.........

Quote Originally Posted by Martha
    Guys I appreciate everyones best wishes. The truth of the matter is that I am from the south and was raised with a slight racist twist. Because of this I am overly sensetive to racism. I will go out of my way to make sure no one around me says anything offensive to any race. I have always befriended any black people that came around my groups for this reason. Yeah maybe I have a little racism down inside me but I would never do anything to offend someone because of their race. I also will never except this from my children and will teach them different. If this is a sign of the times in that area I feel sorry for everyone involved.

miked512 is offline Associate Member
    Its not improving the situation.

I'm black, have been to that same Dave and Busters (you are talking about the one near Delk Rd, right) and got treated pretty much the same way. Its an asshole thing as far as that Dave and Buster's is concerned. If you're in the atlanta area go to the one in Gwinnet even though I haven't checked that one out in years. I don't think its the same way though.

As far as number of places to go where more white people are in serious danger than black people, I'd have to say its about even. With the constant spread of multicultural hate thats around the globe, black guys should pretty much avoid all of eastern europe, australia, and Canada.

*Call of the Blood plays in background*

And its spreading.

I mean, white people do outnumber us black people 6 to 1, so its a large chunk of the US I'd have to worry about.

You whites have small patches of the US and probably all of Africa which is a large continent by the way. Maybe not all because most of the countries are generally accepting of you.

The middle east, eh ... thats about the same for blacks and whites. They hate whites and well, would just kill some black guy for wandering around. We're not really valuable in their crusade for jihad which is probably why there haven't been any black beheadings but it may happen sooner or later.

Asian countries, aside from the muslim ones don't care one way or the other.

I think some of you all are just upset because the jews are a bunch of controlling media whores and lots of you miss the fun of torturing people, guilty or not guilty.

I mean, they were just lice, weren't they??

point is - I dont care what his skin color is - only if what Im saying is true - and when people can actually get THAT through their heads, the world will be a better place

and if people would listen a tad more to Dr King and less to M.O.B., they might not be stuck in the getto with unintelligible language skills, having fathered 3 children with different women by age 22, no prospect of a real job, glued to a government handout and taught that their problem is all "whitey's" fault

that isnt just a "black" thing of course, but if you look at the numbers, it is an enormous proportion compared to any other community - and no, its not because whitey is holding them down, its because they have been too decieved by their racebaiting craven corrupt "so called" leaders to stand up themselves

and that is a horrible tragedy - so many minds, so much potential, pissed in the wind
    I like that one.

I've been preaching this one for ages.

However, no one listens to a libertarian. He's just got books on his brains.

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    "Whose more racist, black people or white people? that's easy, BLACK people, because we hate white people AND black people!"
    ~Chris Rock

Flasher is offline Associate Member
    Amen

Quote Originally Posted by spywizard
    it's not reverse racism............ it's racism....... period.......

until you see a man walking down the street

and not a white man, black man, there will be racism.......

won't be fixed im my lifetime..............
    I agree 100%. Seroiusly though blacks are way more accepted at a "redneck bar" more then white people are at mostly black club or bar,but your going to have your exceptions.

I made the mistake a few years ago to go to a club that had a so called rap star who was popular at the time. My white date and I were basically two of the few whites in there. It was hell. I had guys come up to me and say did u spit on me? Just because I was sitting on a balcony. There were 40-50 other people there..He never questioned one of them.

I myself am not racist. If i was then I one wouldnt be in a place like that or two wouldnt mind being treated like a dick because if i was racist then I would expect it.

I think a lot of it has to do with the persons life. If he hasnt accomplished anything with it or isnt happy in general a lot of people look for other ways to blame others. They cant just accept that they were wrong somewhere in life and deal with it.

Other people are just raised to believe what's right is right. They can't develop an opinion of their own without holding their mom's hand. I think the ball has been leveled out from what it used to be.Most white people are hated on for things they have never done.

It needs to be underlined that just because someone's great white grandpa owned a slave that doesnt mean I do or their son does. Racism is going to be here as long as time..imo

Their have been too many acts of hatred from all sides and every race towards one another. There will always be someone keeping tally and can't forget nor realize that all people our different. Its a built in self mechanism to react to hatred,fear and the unknown. You never know what he is thinking neither does he. One bad thought leads to another.

Racism is an unfortunate word we are all going to have to live with til there is no more.

UrbanLegend is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by miked512
    However, no one listens to a libertarian.
    My freind Andy Rooney does :

Here is something he said a while back on "60 Minutes." Its a little off the topic, but not completely:

"I like big cars, big boats, big motorcycles, big
    houses and big campfires. I
    believe the money I make belongs to me and my family,
    not some governmental
    stooge with a bad comb-over who wants to give it away
    to crack addicts for
    squirting out babies.

Guns do not make you a killer. I think killing makes
    you a killer. You can kill
    someone with a baseball bat or a car, but no one is
    trying to ban you from
    driving to the ball game.

I believe they are called the Boy Scouts for a reason,
    that is why there are no
    girls allowed. Girls belong in the Girl Scouts! ARE
    YOU LISTENING MARTHA BURKE?

I think that if you feel homosexuality is wrong, it is
    not a phobia, it is an
    opinion.

I don't think being a minority makes you a victim of
    anything except numbers.
    The only things I can think of that are truly
    discriminatory are things like the
    United Negro College Fund, Jet Magazine, Black
    Entertainment Television, and
    Miss Black America.

Try to have things like the United Caucasian College
    Fund, Cloud Magazine, White
    Entertainment Television, or Miss White America; and
    see what happens. Jesse
    Jackson will be knocking down your door.

I have the right "NOT" to be tolerant of others
    because they are different,
    weird, or tick me off. When 70% of the people who get
    arrested are black, in
    cities where 70% of the population is black, that is
    not racial profiling, it is
    the Law of Probability.

I believe that if you are selling me a milk shake, a
    pack of cigarettes, a
    newspaper or a hotel room, you must do it in English!
    As a matter of fact, if
    you want to be an American citizen, you should have to
    speak English!

My father and grandfather didn't die in vain so you
    can leave the countries you
    were born in to come over and disrespect ours.

I think the police should have every right to shoot
    your sorry self if you
    threaten them after they tell you to stop. If you
    can't understand the word
    "freeze" or "stop" in English, see the above lines.

I don't think just because you were not born in this
    country, you are qualified
    for any special loan programs, government sponsored
    bank loans or tax breaks,
    etc., so you can open a hotel, coffee shop, trinket
    store, or any other
    business.

We did not go to the aid of certain foreign countries
    and risk our lives in wars
    to defend their freedoms, so that decades later they
    could come over here and
    tell us our constitution is a living document; and
    open to their
    interpretations.

I believe a self-righteous liberal or conservative
    with a cause is more
    dangerous than a Hell's Angel with an attitude.

I think Bill Gates has every right to keep every penny
    he made and continue to
    make more. If it ticks you off, go and invent the next
    operating system that's
    better, and put your name on the building. Ask your
    buddy who invented the
    Internet to help you.

"I think tattoos and piercing are fine if you want
    them, but please don't
    pretend they are a political statement. And, please,
    stay home until that new
    lip ring heals. I don't want to look at your ugly
    infected mouth as you serve me
    french fries!

I am sick of "Political Correctness." I know a lot of
    black people, and not a
    single one of them was born in Africa; so how can they
    be"African-Americans"?
    Besides, Africa is a continent. I don't go around
    saying I am a
    European-American because my great, great, great,
    great, great, great
    grandfather was from Europe.

I am proud to be from America and nowhere else. And if
    you don't like my point
    of view, tough. DON'T PASS IT ON!!"

Libertarians rule

decadbal is offline Banned
    the differnece is, Dave and busters is a lower class type place, buckhead is upper class, as with everywhere the upper class acts alot better than the lower class and since here in atl its mostly blacks, they act as if we are on their ground all the time, u should try living here bro.. i love it, but i can see why ppl become racists, to many ppl fit the angry black sterotype here sometimes..

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Gorilla
    the differnece is, Dave and busters is a lower class type place, buckhead is upper class, as with everywhere the upper class acts alot better than the lower class and since here in atl its mostly blacks, they act as if we are on their ground all the time, u should try living here bro.. i love it, but i can see why ppl become racists, to many ppl fit the angry black sterotype here sometimes..
    LOL, are you serious??? Which Dave and Buster's are you referring to or is it both???

And "Angry Black Stereotype"? I've never seen it. What part of Atlanta do you live in??

medic23 is offline Associate Member
    Well, all I can say now you know what it felt like for me growing being the only minority family for miles. Doesn't feel to good does it?
    Im sure you werent made to feel like this. Ive been all over and never seen white ppl act like this to blacks or minorities, even redneck country bars. I see this almost everytime I go somewhere that the majority is black, especialy when you have women with you. I have always been taught eqaulity, I even have 2 adopted black cousins. Most of my best freinds are of hispanic origin but I wont go to predominately black anything anymore because it has been made clear that they coose to act this way.

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend
    My freind Andy Rooney does :

Here is something he said a while back on "60 Minutes." Its a little off the topic, but not completely:

"I like big cars, big boats, big motorcycles, big
    houses and big campfires. I
    believe the money I make belongs to me and my family,
    not some governmental
    stooge with a bad comb-over who wants to give it away
    to crack addicts for
    squirting out babies.

Guns do not make you a killer. I think killing makes
    you a killer. You can kill
    someone with a baseball bat or a car, but no one is
    trying to ban you from
    driving to the ball game.

I believe they are called the Boy Scouts for a reason,
    that is why there are no
    girls allowed. Girls belong in the Girl Scouts! ARE
    YOU LISTENING MARTHA BURKE?

I think that if you feel homosexuality is wrong, it is
    not a phobia, it is an
    opinion.

I don't think being a minority makes you a victim of
    anything except numbers.
    The only things I can think of that are truly
    discriminatory are things like the
    United Negro College Fund, Jet Magazine, Black
    Entertainment Television, and
    Miss Black America.

Try to have things like the United Caucasian College
    Fund, Cloud Magazine, White
    Entertainment Television, or Miss White America; and
    see what happens. Jesse
    Jackson will be knocking down your door.

I have the right "NOT" to be tolerant of others
    because they are different,
    weird, or tick me off. When 70% of the people who get
    arrested are black, in
    cities where 70% of the population is black, that is
    not racial profiling, it is
    the Law of Probability.

I believe that if you are selling me a milk shake, a
    pack of cigarettes, a
    newspaper or a hotel room, you must do it in English!
    As a matter of fact, if
    you want to be an American citizen, you should have to
    speak English!

My father and grandfather didn't die in vain so you
    can leave the countries you
    were born in to come over and disrespect ours.

I think the police should have every right to shoot
    your sorry self if you
    threaten them after they tell you to stop. If you
    can't understand the word
    "freeze" or "stop" in English, see the above lines.

I don't think just because you were not born in this
    country, you are qualified
    for any special loan programs, government sponsored
    bank loans or tax breaks,
    etc., so you can open a hotel, coffee shop, trinket
    store, or any other
    business.

We did not go to the aid of certain foreign countries
    and risk our lives in wars
    to defend their freedoms, so that decades later they
    could come over here and
    tell us our constitution is a living document; and
    open to their
    interpretations.

I believe a self-righteous liberal or conservative
    with a cause is more
    dangerous than a Hell's Angel with an attitude.

I think Bill Gates has every right to keep every penny
    he made and continue to
    make more. If it ticks you off, go and invent the next
    operating system that's
    better, and put your name on the building. Ask your
    buddy who invented the
    Internet to help you.

"I think tattoos and piercing are fine if you want
    them, but please don't
    pretend they are a political statement. And, please,
    stay home until that new
    lip ring heals. I don't want to look at your ugly
    infected mouth as you serve me
    french fries!

I am sick of "Political Correctness." I know a lot of
    black people, and not a
    single one of them was born in Africa; so how can they
    be"African-Americans"?
    Besides, Africa is a continent. I don't go around
    saying I am a
    European-American because my great, great, great,
    great, great, great
    grandfather was from Europe.

I am proud to be from America and nowhere else. And if
    you don't like my point
    of view, tough. DON'T PASS IT ON!!"

Libertarians rule

ha ha ha, the only reason Jesse Jackson would be at your door is because mainstream america is seen as mostly white. You don't need the White Miss America Pageant because the Miss America pageant is predominately white. The problem with being the majority, is you don't get to have things specifically tailored to you because you're already in the majority of everything. Its just not "fair" to the minority, I guess. Same goes for magazines. And hold your horses, I've been reading up on stuff and White Entertainment Television will be coming to a station near you in a few years.

And don't get me started on the UNCF. There is a white equivalent and thats pick any school in the country thats not an HBCU.

Thats the argument for and against white equivalents of some of the things Rooney mentions. And just for qualms, I think churches are the most discriminatory places in the country.

LOL, are you serious??? Which Dave and Buster's are you referring to or is it both???

And "Angry Black Stereotype"? I've never seen it. What part of Atlanta do you live in??
    ive only been to one in atl. and it was exactly along with mart, might have been the same one.. im from cobb co. what i mean about upper and lower class, is dnb is not near buckhead, you should know this, buckhead has real bouncers, who dont take **** from blacks or whites, bc they know if that crap starts then buckhead will be gone. i dont go to any place other than buckhead, bc of the simple fact is the other places get to rowdy and everyone starts crap with the big guy. all races, so i go to where the bouncer punks em, throws em out and i do my thing. i actually dont go out that much, but im smart enough to not be the only white guy in a black bar...lol im not racists at all, but usually a group of ppl from another culture different than yours is. so i avoid that situation. what part of atl u from

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel
    Sorry to hear about your experience bro.

However, this is not necessarily a black/white thing. It is an a$$hole thing!

Black, White, Yellow, or Blue. An a$$hole is an a$$hole.

D
    True....but isn't it funny how one asshole tends to effect those that are not normally assholes?

As for myself if I happen upon a place and it's all one color (not mine) I move on....been there done that....spent time in jail. Never again.

LOL,
    if you havnt seen the angry black sterotype in atlanta georgia, which i where im talkin about, u either are black, a white guy who wishes he was, or blind, so which is it..

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Racism is wrong period..... I don't care if you are black, white, green purple or blue. And the sad part is that racism is actually socially acceptable today if you are black.... and I don't understand why. I for one could care less what color you are, I have friends of all ethinic and cultural backgrounds. However, for some reason the only racist remarks I ever see being made both in my personal life and in the media/movies etc are from blacks to other people.

I have also never seen a white person EVER being racist to a black person in public or on television. I think it is a way of the past and most black people don't want to let it go. Again this is JMO don't get your panties in a twist about it...... however it is sad that it exists. I remember plenty of times bringing my ex girlfriend with me places where there was a pre-dominantly black crowd and because she was a pretty white girl with a big butt every black man in sight decided that he needed to hit on her / make comments even when she was walking with me.

There is one experience I will never forget..... I went to a 50 Cent/Juvenile/Fabulous concert here in vegas. When I got there EVERYONE besides me, my girl, my friend and his girl were black. We were treated like **** because we are white (well in their eyes, I am Italian and he is part Asian) but anyways we had people shove into us, sit right on top of us in the bleachers we were sitting on etc..... one guy even called my friend a punk ass white boy for no reason. I am not racist at all, but I do think that something needs to be done about the racism blacks show towards whites. However in our society I doubt anything will change because it would end up causing another civil war.

Just my $0.02

<<LMO>>

Quote Originally Posted by medic23
    Im sure you werent made to feel like this. Ive been all over and never seen white ppl act like this to blacks or minorities, even redneck country bars.
    I grew up with country ass ignorant white people. Yes, I've been treated the way Mart described. I've walked into places and had people call me names directly to my face. When I was a kid people I don't even know would walk up and palm the top of my head. When I gave them a dirty look and asked what the f uck are you doing? They said they wanted to see what my hair felt like. What would you do if someone you did not know just grabbed you?

Also when I was a kid I had a cut on my hand and a band-aid over it. I had a white teacher walk up to me while taking a test and take the band-aid off. When I asked what she was doing, she said I wanted to see if you were the same color underneath.

Do I let this affect me? No, they're ignorant. Do I go to an extreme and only associate with people the same color as me to "feel" safe? No. I just avoid ignorant people, no matter what color they are.

ive only been to one in atl. and it was exactly along with mart, might have been the same one.. im from cobb co. what i mean about upper and lower class, is dnb is not near buckhead, you should know this, buckhead has real bouncers, who dont take **** from blacks or whites, bc they know if that crap starts then buckhead will be gone. i dont go to any place other than buckhead, bc of the simple fact is the other places get to rowdy and everyone starts crap with the big guy. all races, so i go to where the bouncer punks em, throws em out and i do my thing. i actually dont go out that much, but im smart enough to not be the only white guy in a black bar...lol im not racists at all, but usually a group of ppl from another culture different than yours is. so i avoid that situation. what part of atl u from
    I live in midtown. You went to the D&B in Cobb. Yeah, the one where people are just assholes in general. The one where all those people from south atlanta go ... :-/

I really don't go anywhere aside from places in Buckhead. I've been to some rowdy places before but its not something I do too often. My times out are usually in nice places so I guess I don't really run into punkish assholes all too much. You might just be experiencing a class issue.

if you havnt seen the angry black sterotype in atlanta georgia, which i where im talkin about, u either are black, a white guy who wishes he was, or blind, so which is it..
    Nope, never seen it. The only black people I usually see are those eager to get to work every morning (and those that are just going through the motions) and homeless bums walking the street. The college student and the occasional working class black person. However, I am black and all of the black people I've ever associated with in Atlanta aren't really angry. Militant angry is what I think you're getting at. Then again, I don't go to too many establishments where there are tons of people, especially bars and such. You never know what rock people crawl under from in those establishments.

I think I know what you're talking about and that might be more of a class then a black issue there. However, as you said earlier, there are class distinctions and I can't argue with you there.

Besides, I'm never in buckhead, except to eat and shop. Too many chances of getting shot. Even if you're black or white.

Quote Originally Posted by LeanMeOut
    I have also never seen a white person EVER being racist to a black person in public or on television. I think it is a way of the past and most black people don't want to let it go. Again this is JMO don't get your panties in a twist about it...... however it is sad that it exists.
    I live in a doorman co-op in very expensive neighborhood in Manhattan. Monday I was in the elevator, the elevator stopped and the doors opened. One white guy stepped in and then his friend stepped in and looked at me and jumped. He said to his friend "I think we have trouble. Should we just wait for the next one? Then he looked at me and said. "We're not in trouble are we?" Holding the door open. I just looked at them and they got out. There was a white woman who got in the elevator after them and she apologized to me to for their ignorance. This happened 2 days ago.

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    I live in a doorman co-op in very expensive neighborhood in Manhattan. Monday I was in the elevator, the elevator stopped and the doors opened. One white guy stepped in and then his friend stepped in and looked at me and jumped. He said to his friend "I think we have trouble. Should we just wait for the next one? Then he looked at me and said. "We're not in trouble are we?" Holding the door open. I just looked at them and they got out. There was a white woman who got in the elevator after them and she apologized to me to for their ignorance. This happened 2 days ago.
    That doesn't mean they were racist...your color and size might of scared them.

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend
    Obviously there are a lot of holes in his arguements, but a lot of what he says makes sense too. Granted I don't really agree with him that there need to be all these 'white equivalents,' I don't think he does either, he is just pointing out a number of double standards is all.

And there is no white equivilant to the UNCF
    You don't want one. The UNCF is a scholarship program that helps black people that go to HBCUs with tuition and other funds. Its essentially a scholarship because you're black to go to a black school. There are merit issues involved to get to those funds, but you still have to enroll in an HBCU. No, I could not take HBCU funds and get an education at MIT. Some of these funds have even been given to whites and other minorities that wanted to go to HBCUs but couldn't afford them.

Its a crock of **** if you ask me, but it might be helpful for some people.

A white equivalent is a merit based scholarship rewarded to white students (with the few chances that a person of a minority may get it) so that they can go to "white" schools.

Uuuhhh, that sounds like a LOT of scholarships to me.

Don't believe the commercials. They have you misled. I wish I HAD gotten UNCF funds but I chose to go to a "white" school so I wasn't eligible.

Quote Originally Posted by Butch
    That doesn't mean they were racist...your color and size might of scared them.
    But that is my point. My COLOR and size. If I were white would I have gotten the same reaction? I don't know.

Personally I don't think it was a size thing because the woman would not have gotten into the elevator with me alone if she felt I was big and intimidating. Plus she apologized to me. I told her there is no reason for her to apologize.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information