Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    decadbal is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    But that is my point. My COLOR and size. If I were white would I have gotten the same reaction? I don't know.

Personally I don't think it was a size thing because the woman would not have gotten into the elevator with me alone if she felt I was big and intimidating. Plus she apologized to me. I told her there is no reason for her to apologize.
    alot of girls look at me very funny bc of my size, and im harmless to chicks. so i def can say yea if your a gringo youll get the same reaction bro.

mass junkie is offline banned
    But that is my point. My COLOR and size. If I were white would I have gotten the same reaction? I don't know.

Personally I don't think it was a size thing because the woman would not have gotten into the elevator with me alone if she felt I was big and intimidating. Plus she apologized to me. I told her there is no reason for her to apologize.
    maybe the lady felt sorry for you carlos because you're Uglyyyy

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by miked512
    You don't want one. The UNCF is a scholarship program that helps black people that go to HBCUs with tuition and other funds. Its essentially a scholarship because you're black to go to a black school. There are merit issues involved to get to those funds, but you still have to enroll in an HBCU. No, I could not take HBCU funds and get an education at MIT. Some of these funds have even been given to whites and other minorities that wanted to go to HBCUs but couldn't afford them.

Its a crock of **** if you ask me, but it might be helpful for some people.

A white equivalent is a merit based scholarship rewarded to white students (with the few chances that a person of a minority may get it) so that they can go to "white" schools.

Uuuhhh, that sounds like a LOT of scholarships to me.

Don't believe the commercials. They have you misled. I wish I HAD gotten UNCF funds but I chose to go to a "white" school so I wasn't eligible.
    Hell, no one gave me money for college based on my color. I had to leech off my parents and work just like everyone else.

bubbathegut is offline Member
    being white sux...

Hell, no one gave me money for college based on my color. I had to leech off my parents and work just like everyone else.
    the army paid for my college, id think anyone would rather have earned anything they get, instead of gettin it bc of a color or creed, i know if someone flat out told me, your gettin this bc your white, id not want it or take it

Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    maybe the lady felt sorry for you carlos because you're Uglyyyy
    Yo Mama! I think she wanted some Beefy Black Momba!
    Last edited by Carlos_E; 07-07-2004 at 05:38 PM.

miked512 is offline Associate Member
    Exactly, I had to do the same thing.

I know no one that has ever received UNCF funds. I don't think you were eligible for UNCF funds either. I don't know.

Too bad they made you work.

Aye, if only they could see that the UNCF isn't a blanket to prevent negroes from having to work.

College, my life with 2+ jobs and studying. It was so much fun.
    Last edited by miked512; 07-07-2004 at 05:41 PM.

Butch is offline Anabolic Member

True....ignorance is everywhere...even where you live!

Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    alot of girls look at me very funny bc of my size, and im harmless to chicks. so i def can say yea if your a gringo youll get the same reaction bro.
    id been skurd to carlos, we all know all black ppl rob and steal, just like all us country boys are in the klan..lol

Krunchtime is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CYCLEON
    reality - it IS a black white thing - and society has a conniptive fit if "white people" call other people a nigger (unless of course they call each other that) - yet they give them an award when some people call others whitey

In fact, entire school departments are funded to study and inculcate racism - they call it afro-american studies - that makes it ok you see - because Americans with darker skin are obviously different and too stupid to make it on their own or to be just "Americans" like every other immigrant group that came here - thats why they need big "whitey" government to do everything for them and teach them about their racial identity so that they can be sure to know that they are not really one of "us" - whoever that is - what a big fat crock of it - unfortunately too many, both light skinned and dark, have swallowed this lie so far

and dont give me this crap - there are a lot more places you can go where you are in serious danger as a "white guy" than as a "black guy"
    you tell em. I agree 101%

medic23 is offline Associate Member
    I change my mind, you guys are right. The black ppl in the story werent being racist, they were just being themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    id been skurd to carlos, we all know all black ppl rob and steal, just like all us country boys are in the klan..lol
    Yeah, my first reaction was to say: Yes, you have trouble. Give me all of your money and prepare to be anal raped!

joking

My first thought was "these peole DO NOT LIVE HERE. They are guests and I pay an extreme amount of money to live in an exclusive building so I don't have to deal with stupid people." When I got down to the lobby I told our doorman and he said if they return he'll speak with the tenant they're visiting.

OSTIE is offline Senior Member
    Well i skipped about half of this, but i figured id voice another opinion. The area i live in and grew up is decently mixed. Ive grew up with people of different races since elementary and are friends with many. There are parts in milwaukee though were its 95% black or another area 95% hispanic. Ive seen when I go to parties or clubs in both areas where a group of people from a different race will think its funny to say somethin to some white guy when he is with just his girl. Its never personally happened to me, cause I usually show up with a group of friends that are racially mixed. BUT, ive also been to primarily white parties where the same sh!t happens by a group of guys lookin to start crap. ALTHOUGH being white, it honestly has crossed my mind that I dont think youd have some white guys talkin sh!t to a black guy and his black girl. Hispanic yes, ive seen it. But just from what ive experience so far in life, I dont see that reversal happening.

-ost

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    They segregate themselves. There was a scholarship last year or sumthin in some state I forgot that was for whites only and the NAACP had a $hitfit over it. But there are all kinds of black only scholarships, WTF. Black Entertainment Television, if there was a WET channel, ho-lee-$hit, how many complaints of racism and constant b-itching would there be. You can have the black panthers and the naacp and what ever else they have, heaven forbid there be a white only club. Other than the KKK of course, which still exists. And its only the whites that cant do these things. Whites arent even close to a majority, china and india both have over a billion ppl.

betatest is offline Associate Member
    Growing up as a light-skinned black guy was great!

People tend to think it's a trick question when I ask them what race I'm really from. Reminds me of that Seinfeld episode, lol. The most bizarre reply I got was being mistaken of asian descent. I learned quick to respect people for their wisdom and integrity, tossing color out the window. This was despite the fact that racism existed in my own family.

I've dealt with occasional nasty remarks or treatment from blacks, whites, hispanics, asians, etc, and still do. Quite a few less since I got into lifting of course. Anyone who doesn't think racism from any color still exists needs merely to hang around select yahoo chat rooms.

Just a few examples I experienced during various years of schooling. I was scoffed at by members of a student club because of my skin color, and opted not to join. The term, "white ass nigger" was voiced to me on a few occasions by individuals of different races. I was pressured by a family member to support the "anti-racist" removal of the confederate flag display in a school cafeteria, which seemed silly to my naive self at the time because I always thought it looked cool painted on the general lee. Why my parents let me watch the show before this matter, I'll never know.

The most stunned I've ever been at the ridiculous nature of it all was during high school. A kid that I didn't get along with called me a nigger during an encounter, but my brother ended up becoming good friends with him because they ran on the same cross-country team, lmao. The guy is still a fvcking asshole as far as I'm concerned, heh, but not due to his skin color.

I guess my point in mentioning all of the above is to provide a skewed angle of racism fired from many directions. You get used to brushing the sh!t aside and tuning it out. It's unfortunate that some folks despise getting to know and appreciate others because of stubborn idiotic preconceptions, but I take comfort in the fact that there are plenty of people in the world who could care less about all the bullsh!t.

butterface is offline Banned
    this story sounds pretty hard to believe. What was this a prison setting? What kind of dave and busters has bunch of thug black guys hanging out that are pushing and shoving people. All I see at dave and busters when I've been are kids and teenagers.

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I guess my question is what is the difference? Why was I not welcome?
    I think this is where you made a wrong turn and it might sound like a racism issue but it wasnt that you were not welcomed in this establishment occupied by predominately black people. You were just subject to some assholes who have no self control or respect for other people.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    You should have just knocked one of those ****ers out and started dropping thme like flys. If you ended up getting your ass beat before the cops came, so what at least you know you went out with a fight. You're a big boy over 6ft
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Mart651 is offline The Redneck Queen of the Lounge
    Quote Originally Posted by butterface
    this story sounds pretty hard to believe. What was this a prison setting? What kind of dave and busters has bunch of thug black guys hanging out that are pushing and shoving people. All I see at dave and busters when I've been are kids and teenagers.

I guess the only response I have is shut the **** up. Don't comment on things you know nothing about. I used to go to D and Bs once a month. It was pretty cool. As stated above(as you easily forgot) I had not been in a year. It has changed and until you go there on a weekend don't call me a liar.

You probably push my buttons worse than anyone here. Me and Carlos disagree on a lot of things but he knows what he is talking about and has life experience. You just ramble bull**** with no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by abstrack
    You should have just knocked one of those ****ers out and started dropping thme like flys. If you ended up getting your ass beat before the cops came, so what at least you know you went out with a fight. You're a big boy over 6ft

I'm not that tough. I have won almost every fight I have ever been in by knowing when to fight and when to walk away. This was a walk away sittuation I promise. BTW I'm 32 it takes to long to recover from ass whippings now.

Quote Originally Posted by Martha
    I guess the only response I have is shut the **** up. Don't comment on things you know nothing about. I used to go to D and Bs once a month. It was pretty cool. As stated above(as you easily forgot) I had not been in a year. It has changed and until you go there on a weekend don't call me a liar.

You probably push my buttons worse than anyone here. Me and Carlos disagree on a lot of things but he knows what he is talking about and has life experience. You just ramble bull**** with no idea.

Whatever you say there bro. I might not have as much life experiences but I am smart enough to learn from mine. Some people have to have the same experience over and over before they realize what other realize quicker. I have been to many places with tons of blacks. I've basically lived in the ghetto and have never had a problem with any blacks. I act as white as can be and never get anything but respect 99% of the time. Here is something you can get out of life experience that I have gotten. 99% of the time people treat you back how you treat them. Treat them bad and thats how you get treated. Treat then with care and respect and 99% of the time you will get mad respect.

Whatever you say there bro. I might not have as much life experiences but I am smart enough to learn from mine. Some people have to have the same experience over and over before they realize what other realize quicker. I have been to many places with tons of blacks. I've basically lived in the ghetto and have never had a problem with any blacks. I act as white as can be and never get anything but respect 99% of the time. Here is something you can get out of life experience that I have gotten. 99% of the time people treat you back how you treat them. Treat them bad and thats how you get treated. Treat then with care and respect and 99% of the time you will get mad respect.

Would you read all the other post. Was Carlos being disrespectful when people played with his hair? Was I being disrespectful because I love D and Bs food? Man you make no sense. You realy need to grow up a little. There is a life outside of your little world.

All I said is your story about every single person messing with you and pushing you sounds a little hard to believe. I've never been to a place with all blacks where they all picked on me nad harassed me.

All I said is your story about every single person messing with you and pushing you sounds a little hard to believe. I've never been to a place with all blacks where they all picked on me nad harassed me.

See thats what I am talking about. I never once said every black person in there was picking on me. Don't try to twist my words to fit your bull**** rambling. It's getting tiring.

I only want to tell the facts here. I am not being prejudice at all. Only the facts.All the guys standing on the sides saying **** about my boys wifes ass. Needless to say I will never go back.

You just made it sound like a gauntlet where everyone was against you for being white. C'mon man its Dave and Busters, how threatening can 12 year old black kids really be? I dont know any hardcore gangsta brothas hanging out at Dave and Busters playing mini golf. I just thought you were playing it up to sound worse than it really was. I apologize if i got the wrong impression I wasnt there.

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by miked512
    Its not improving the situation.
    With the constant spread of multicultural hate thats around the globe, black guys should pretty much avoid all of eastern europe, australia, and Canada.
    I don't deny that some parts of Canada have their problems, however, you would feel comfortable in Toronto, and other large cities in Canada...
    There isn't a large black population up here, but in urban areas there is a lot more, than say, further north....JMO...

Remember guys. I went in with the hope that everything was going to be cool. nIf I was a racist I would have just left. I gave it a chance even when I knew better.

Remember guys. I went in with the hope that everything was going to be cool. nIf I was a racist I would have just left. I gave it a chance even when I knew better.
    I believe everything that you are saying is quite valid Mart...

preach it brotha, each post of his i read gets worse... why do newbs always feel they can judge the old salty dogs..

What I find amusing. If someone Black had started a thread "I had a terrible time because I am Black." Everyone would have been all over it telling them to stop whining and lose the Black victim mentality. No one would be saying "I know what you mean" "sorry that happened" "glad you got out alive."

I just want to congratulate you Mart. You have successfully pulled your first race card.
    *Big thumbs up!*

What I find amusing. If someone Black had started a thread "I had a terrible time because I am Black." Everyone would have been all over it telling them to stop whining and lose the Black victim mentality. No one would be saying "I know what you mean" "sorry that happened" "glad you got out alive."

I just want to congratulate you Mart. You have successfully pulled your first race card.
    *Big thumbs up!*

Why thank you. I thought it was reserved for minorities.

For the record bro. I grew up in a black neighbor hood. Went to city daycare paid for by the government. I played by myself during recess and got picked on everyday. My teacher only let me by the white milk before nap time. I never knew why at 4 years old. Everyone else(they were black) got buy the chocalate milk. In kindergarden I was also the only white kid in my class. Got beat up for half the year until I got some new shoes that were the same as the biggest kid in the class. He became my friend and life was a little easier.
    Believe it or not thats one of the only memories I have as a child. I guess your childhood was not to different from mine.

mass junkie is offline banned

*Big thumbs up!*
    Thats not being fair..........you of all people should know for the most part that the people of AR are pretty understanding... if the story is presented in a way that I felt the person making the thread was treated unfairly...I would stand by his side...regardless of color....I feel this sort of attitude by you sort of pushes people away from you carlos....but its all good man

Thats not being fair..........you of all people should know for the most part that the people of AR are pretty understanding... if the story is presented in a way that I felt the person making the thread was treated unfairly...I would stand by his side...regardless of color....I feel this sort of attitude by you sort of pushes people away from you carlos....but its all good man

Good point Mass. I would have been the first to take up for a minority in any bar i was at.

Check your PMs.

Good point Mass. I would have been the first to take up for a minority in any bar i was at.
    Where did u grow up Mart? In Georgia?
    My school was predominantly white, but we had 2 blacks (twin boys whom I played hockey with), and a handful of East Indians as well...
    They were all great people..and were treated the same...our school had around 1000 kids as well...(high school)...and this took place in eastern ontario...

Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC
    Where did u grow up Mart? In Georgia?
    My school was predominantly white, but we had 2 blacks (twin boys whom I played hockey with), and a handful of East Indians as well...
    They were all great people..and were treated the same...our school had around 1000 kids as well...(high school)...and this took place in eastern ontario...

I spent two years in a foster home in downtown Chattanooga when I was 4 and 5. Got to go back with my mom after that but was still in Chattanooga urban schools until 7.

Believe it or not thats one of the only memories I have as a child. I guess your childhood was not to different from mine.
    Sounds like it.

Some people are stupid. "You look different than me. I hate you."

Growing up I also got picked on by Black & Hispanic kids. I grew up speaking perfect English and if we were at a mall or around other kids they'd walk up to us and say "Say something, you talk funny." If we opened our mouths to tell them to f uck off they'd laugh. "You sound like a White boy!"

Just wondering, did you get that from White kids growing up around Blacks?

Sounds like it.

Some people are stupid. "You look different than me. I hate you."

Growing up I also got picked on by Black & Hispanic kids. I grew up speaking perfect English and if we were at a mall or around other kids they'd walk up to us and say "Say something, you talk funny." If we opened our mouths to tell them to f uck off they'd laugh. "You sound like a White boy!"

Just wondering, did you get that from White kids growing up around Blacks?
    Believe it or not no one realy messed with me when I got to a white school. they all thought I was tough because I lived in the city. I wore it like a badge of courage. It kept people from picking on me. I don't know if I talked a little black or not but I did fail english the first year in a white school. Who knows?

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member

Butch is offline Anabolic Member

*Big thumbs up!*
    Aww, dawg why did you have to go and say that sh*t.....?....you know that is not the cause...don't make us think you are ignorant!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information