Thread: School BS

saboudian is offline Senior Member

School BS

Alright check this bullsht out.

At MSU, there's an online message board that some of the classes use called angel. I had some computer science course a long time ago. Anyways, ppl figured out you can change your name in the msg board, so people started posting as Arnold Schwarzenegger, J. Jingleheimersmitz, and so forth. I changed my name to Gary Coleman just for fun.

So anyways, fast forward a year, haven't used angel since I had that CSE course, I just got done finishing a 6 week online social science course, did well on all the online quizzes, final exam, etc. So anyways, a couple weeks later, I decide to finally check my grade, and it reads 0.0, so i figure its probably just a recording error since it has happened to me once before in another big class. I email the teacher about the mistake, and he writes back to call him, so now i'm like this is odd.

So I call him up, and in a short summary of the conversation, it turns out that there actually exists a Gary Coleman who attends MSU as a lifelong student, and there have been about 10 ppl involved in the process that have determined I was cheating. So I gave a call to the college of social science secretary, who wasn't there, so i wrote her an email telling her about gary coleman is a fictious name i used, and is from a TV star child actor from Diff'rent Strokes, and even gave her his famous catch line. And just said it was nothing but a bizaare coincidence.

I'm gonna try and call her up again today, not nervous or anything, because i suspect that so far hopefully i can communicate and they will be understanding of the error, but seriously can you beleive this bullsht? I'm not nervous now, but i hope they don't be dicks about it and give me a hard time. Anyways, hopefully, this will be a good laugh at least for yall.

LM1332 Guest
    Oh man what are the chances? Wierd bro but hope it works out...unless the secretary is foreign

purplelaceteddy is offline Female Member
    Dang that sounds funny as heck.....let us know what they say.....would be funny if they had never heard of the Different Strokes show....
    At a bookstore the other day, I saw a book entitled "Sex for Dummies." Why would someone want to teach dumb people how to reproduce? Aren't there enough of them now?

Quake is offline Member
    Wasn't his catch line "watchoo doin'?" They're gonna think you're taking the pp if you've told them that.

Aboot is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Quake
    Wasn't his catch line "watchoo doin'?" They're gonna think you're taking the pp if you've told them that.
    "Watchoo doin?" What chu talkin' bout Willis?

Quote Originally Posted by Aboot
    "Watchoo doin?" What chu talkin' bout Willis?
    Yup, thats it, I actually wrote that in my email too , I sure as hell hope they've seen the show, or at least heard of it. Other than the fact that I changed my name on the retarded msg board, I still signed my real name in on the final exam, the check in sheet, and the actual exam, so thats why it didn't work out right because the names didn't match. I called the secretary today, and left a voicemail cause she wasn't there, but the prof is a foreigner so he thinks i actually am cheating , hopefully they get the joke, or else this could be a bad mess.

Well, I called and left a voicemail for the secretary as i said in my earlier post at about 3pm today, and i just checked my email, and I got an email from my prof at 9pm (which is a really odd time) that said my grade will be reinstated. Thankfully, this is over now, I'm almost tempted to call up the secretary tommorrow and just bullsht with her about it, lol, of course I also don't want to be a jackazz and mess things up anymore, but hell it would be interesting to see what actually what went on in their minds.

Thread Information