Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~

Gay and Lesbians.... should you be charged with child molestation

Should a person be charged a criminal offense for speaking to a minor about sex...

thier orientation, or for that matter anyother sexually explicite matter...

Example... A 9 year old in is school... the teacher tells them that they (the teacher) is gay, and that it is ok for people to love one another of the same sex..

of coarse the child will ask... what is sex... and it goes on from there..

Question.......... In alot of states exposing your genitals to a minor carries a stiffer (sorry) sentence... isn't it the same thing????
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Quake is offline Member
    Why should there be a need to "explain" such a thing to a child? Things such as this become evident to children as they grow up and become adults. We grow up too quickly as it is, there's no need to speed up the process by trying to force "understanding" on an undeveloped mind.

To charge a person for such a thing would be a deterent from doing such a thing and could be beneficial.

I can't think of a down side to such a situation, just at what age would this law be in force, seeing as sex education does start at about 9 or 10 with girls being taught about having their period and then further education for all at age 10 to 11 through school science sex education.

Should standard sex education include explanations of gay/lesbian sex seeing as such sex is only about erotic stimulation and serves no purpose other than sexual self satisfaction? Therefore not being able to be passed off as explanations in the interest of science.

Should standard sex education include explanations of gay/lesbian sex?

decadbal is offline Banned
    its all bc that peon of a person has to push their lifestyle upon a kid, just give em a jail fine, revolk their teaching cert and let GLAAD pay em

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    Where i'm from, parents give their children the low down on sex. Do you think my parents should be charged with molestation? I certainly don't. I don't think my sex ed teachers in high school should be either.

Quake is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisAdams
    Where i'm from, parents give their children the low down on sex. Do you think my parents should be charged with molestation? I certainly don't. I don't think my sex ed teachers in high school should be either.
    Sex ed in school is from a scientific perspective, i.e. that natural reproduction is explained. There's no necessity to explain mutual sexual satisfaction to a minor, unless the minors query is specifically relating to such a thing, and then a tactful reply is all that is needed, we are talking about 9 year olds here after all. I'm sure all parents are tactful in their conversations on sex with their children, and it is a parents duty to see that a child has the best guidance in life that they can possibly get.

i guess ill go ahead and step out and say it, anyone who would preach the darker side of sex(darker as in gratifycation portion not homosexual) or defends it to a kid, needs their ass beat, and whoever is around them and let them.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisAdams
    let me further explain.............

The school takes the official stand that there are children in society that will never get the sexual education from thier parents... thus the school is stepping in and doing so..... to the school's standards...
    example... to 9 year old girls.... todays leason.. how to apply a condom to a penis, pick up your bananas and open the condom on your desk, roll the condom over the banana... this is how we stop you from getting pregnant..

sound out of line???

Been going on here starting with my kids classes... they are 21 and 23 now..

Rules

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.

Quake is offline Member
    That sounds right out of order! The authorities must know, what are they doing about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Bouncer272001
    That sounds right out of order! The authorities must know, what are they doing about it?
    dude......... it was passed and approved by the district school board, the only way i know about it is they sent a letter home and we had to send a letter asking them not to expose them to this type of training.....

2nd...... both of my children have come home and told me this teacher is gay, and that teacher is gay..

I ask how they know... the teacher tells them.......... Bull****............. i was so pissed, and yes.. i went to the school, wrote letters and everything.......

My child does not need to know the sexual orientation of anyone... period...

Rules

Quake is offline Member
    Wow! I would be none too happy about any of that either. You did the right thing, I know the thought of changing schools would have crossed my mind by now. I might also be looking to complain to the board of education too. I do find it hard to believe that such a thing could be condoned, don't get me wrong, I believe what you say, but that just grates the nerves!

What I would find to be a social failure, is if the disclosure and explanation of sexual orientation were to ride on the gay rights movement and get backing to be condoned! That would be a dis-service to homosexuals and lesbians around the world! Fair that acceptance of their orientation is important but it should not affect innocent minds of children.

i agree spy, if a homosexual was tellin my 9yrold that(i dont have kids) id be beyond pissed, id call the school board and have his or her ass fired or id call the news channels. i have no issues with homosexuality at all, but tryin to educate a child on what they see as right and what a parent might disagree with crosses a line and they should be punished. sex religion and politics should be out of school period

bubbathegut is offline Member
    who's gay

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spywizard
    My child does not need to know the sexual orientation of anyone... period...

Anytime a teacher says the phrase, "My wife" or "My husband" or even "My children," they infer they are heterosexual. So, if everyone is going to conceal their sexual orientation, teachers should no longer be allowed to use those phrases.

Which is pretty silly . . .

I think we all can agree that teachers shouldn't tell students they are doing something that is illegal (drugs, adultery, 'roids, etc). And there's no need to go into graphic details of some things that are legal, like any sort of sexual copulation. But, legally speaking, you would need grounds upon which to issue a rule that allows straights to reveal their sexual orientation while penalizing gays who do the same. And since homosexuality is no longer illegal, finding those legal grounds is gonna be pretty tough.

So . . . if you're upset that your kids know which teacher is gay and which isn't, then you may as well get over it . . . kids don't really care anyway, at least not until they pick up their parent's unreasoned prejudice and bitter hatred of gays. And they're gonna discover, sooner or later, that the world is populated with not only gays and lesbians, but a wide spectrum of unusual sexual proclivities, some of which they themselves probably would enjoy. They may as well learn early that they don't have to feel guilt over sexual activities their preacher says is sinful.

So, ya, in other words, get over it. Homosexuality ain't illegal, and there's nothing inappropriate with gays talking about their relationships to the same extent that straights do.

--Tock

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    The school should be able to teach sex-ed, because so many parents are too affraid to tell their kids anything. I've known young girls that started their period and had no idea what was happening. Anyone else besides a parent or teacher should be held criminally liable for speaking to a child about sex, because any pedefile could start talking to a kid about sexual stuff and then just say they were talking sex-ed. I wouldn't speak to any child about sexual matters except for my own.

Matty is offline Junior Member
    Inappropriate conversation for anyone (regardless of preference) to have with a minor. Not even in a sex ed class - the teacher's sexual orientation is not part of the curriculum.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Should a person be charged a criminal offense for speaking to a minor about sex...

thier orientation, or for that matter anyother sexually explicite matter...

Example... A 9 year old in is school... the teacher tells them that they (the teacher) is gay, and that it is ok for people to love one another of the same sex..

of coarse the child will ask... what is sex... and it goes on from there..

Question.......... In alot of states exposing your genitals to a minor carries a stiffer (sorry) sentence... isn't it the same thing????
    In the context you're asking no it's not criminal........ "Same sex" has nothing to do with the act of sexual intercourse....... Same sex here means same gender....... and there's nothing criminal about two people of the same sex loveing eachother.

If the child asks "what's sex" then I would hope that teacher would then either stop the topic of coversation or tell them to ask thier parents.

Should standard sex education include explanations of gay/lesbian sex seeing as such sex is only about erotic stimulation and serves no purpose other than sexual self satisfaction? Therefore not being able to be passed off as explanations in the interest of science.

Should standard sex education include explanations of gay/lesbian sex?

Just a quick wake up call.....
    well over 95% of all sexual acts are done with no intention to procreate....they're done merely for erotic stimulation.

I do agree that there is no real reason to explain something like this to a child that young....especially a teacher.

Quake is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by einstein1905
    Just a quick wake up call.....
    well over 95% of all sexual acts are done with no intention to procreate....they're done merely for erotic stimulation.

I do agree that there is no real reason to explain something like this to a child that young....especially a teacher.
    You missed the point, sex ed is put forward as part of the scientific curriculum hence why the act needed to be performed (that being sex with all it's "erotic stimulation") is explained in the detail that it is. At the age of about 11 when sex ed usually takes place the child likely does not know that sex is an enjoyable experience (although they might have some idea), at this age it is quite possibly school yard chatter but to no depth of understanding.

Not my wake up call, maybe yours.....no offence.

Quote Originally Posted by DBarcelo
    The school should be able to teach sex-ed, because so many parents are too affraid to tell their kids anything. I've known young girls that started their period and had no idea what was happening. Anyone else besides a parent or teacher should be held criminally liable for speaking to a child about sex, because any pedefile could start talking to a kid about sexual stuff and then just say they were talking sex-ed. I wouldn't speak to any child about sexual matters except for my own.
    So you support that the child should be taught that same sex, sex with animals, forced sex, sex with children is just a matter of preference, and the person is not right or wrong.. it's just thier preference..

I don't mean to sound flipent about this.. but you are saying that the values of the teacher are ok to teach to a child...

And i contend that those values are to be taught by the parent, or not taught by the parent, as the parent sees fit..

the School and or a teacher should never teach to a child values........ period.. for they are biased, and do not coincide with the wishes of the parent.

Rules

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    I don't think this is a really a "sex" issue, but more of a lifestyle issue. and I don't think a teacher, priest, babysitter, etc.... needs to be discussing this with a child that is not their own.

Quote Originally Posted by ripped4fsu
    I don't think this is a really a "sex" issue, but more of a lifestyle issue. and I don't think a teacher, priest, babysitter, etc.... needs to be discussing this with a child that is not their own.
    That is the point...........

In schools today... at all levels the teachers are taking a more liberal stance in teaching "Politically Correct" and "Alternative Lifestyle" as acceptable behavior.. In most cases without the consent of the parent, or the parent even knowing about it..

From 3rd grade through college... a co-worker,. or boss... i shouldn't know thier sexual preferances.. it is not acceptable..

Rules

From 3rd grade through college... a co-worker,. or boss... i shouldn't know thier sexual preferances.. it is not acceptable..

Ok, so if a guy says, "My wife and I are going on vacation next week," he reveals his heterosexuality, and that is, according to you, not ok.
    And if a guy says, "My husband and I are going on vacation next week," he reveals his homosexuality, and that is, by the same logic, not ok.

So . . . according to you, all statements like the above will have to be carefully edited out so there is no way to tell if you're speaking of another man or woman.
    Ok, fine. We gays can handle that . . . most of us have had years of practice doing it -- that is what being "in the closet" is all about.
    So, if we gays gotta go in the closet, you heterosexuals gotta go hide in yours . . . see how you like it . . .

Actually, I think you're just talking about things you either haven't thought out, or just plain know nothing about. No law against that, but it doesn't make you look too smart.

-Tock

Quake is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tock
    Ok, so if a guy says, "My wife and I are going on vacation next week," he reveals his heterosexuality, and that is, according to you, not ok.
    And if a guy says, "My husband and I are going on vacation next week," he reveals his homosexuality, and that is, by the same logic, not ok.

So . . . according to you, all statements like the above will have to be carefully edited out so there is no way to tell if you're speaking of another man or woman.
    Ok, fine. We gays can handle that . . . most of us have had years of practice doing it -- that is what being "in the closet" is all about.
    So, if we gays gotta go in the closet, you heterosexuals gotta go hide in yours . . . see how you like it . . .

Actually, I think you're just talking about things you either haven't thought out, or just plain know nothing about. No law against that, but it doesn't make you look too smart.

-Tock
    I think you are being disrespectful and not understanding a parents point of view. You've got to remember that homosexuality/lesbianism is a minority and that heterosexuality is the natural majority (if it were not we wouldn't worry about population explosion etc) and so is considered "normal". It is possible that anything other than heterosexuality will never be considered normal, more likely "alternative" as they are today. This being the fact, and that we are talking about events "today" and not years down the line, a possible social view of homosexuality/lesbianism is that they are in there with bdsm and other perverse acts. If this is to be the case then you must see that parents would prefer that that sort of "variety" of life be not explained or pushed upon to a mind until such a time that that mind is able to understand it for themselves and not need to ask questions about, even though this is always acceptable.

What are gays/lesbians doing to alter this conception? Pornography by no means aids them in their fight for acceptance, and many would agree that unless you are at an age where you can understand it for yourself, pornography can provide a twisted view of sex to an innocent mind and provide an attitude altering experience when viewed. Being antagonist to other "heterosexual" views does nothing for the cause either, when instead of befriending the majority which is a major factor in acceptance, they are arguing and failing to see the majorities viewpoint, instead telling the "majority" that they are "wrong".

We're talking numbers here, are you seriously telling me that so many more are likely to be wrong? Think about it.

It started off just that heterosexuals were asked to understand that "love" can develop between two persons of the same sex, now it has turned into so much more!

It started off just that heterosexuals were asked to understand that "love" can develop between two persons of the same sex, now it has turned into so much more!

Turned into so much more? Duh!
    Like "Don't throw us in jail for being gay," and
    "Don't kill us for being gay," (yes, it still happens) and
    "Don't kick us out of the military for being gay," (that still happens too)
    "Don't kick us out of your hotel/restaurant/whatever for being gay," (yep, that too)
    "Don't fire me because I'm gay," (still happens)

. . . in general, gay people want the same rights and privileges as anyone else. Nothing more, nothing less. No special rights, nothing that no one else has.
    Evidently that's asking 'some people' too much, even those who think of themselves as not being homophobic.

-Tock

Quake is offline Member
    Turned into so much more? Duh!
    Like "Don't throw us in jail for being gay," and
    "Don't kill us for being gay," (yes, it still happens) and
    "Don't kick us out of the military for being gay," (that still happens too)
    "Don't kick us out of your hotel/restaurant/whatever for being gay," (yep, that too)
    "Don't fire me because I'm gay," (still happens)

. . . in general, gay people want the same rights and privileges as anyone else. Nothing more, nothing less. No special rights, nothing that no one else has.
    Evidently that's asking 'some people' too much, even those who think of themselves as not being homophobic.

-Tock

I agree, all these things are important and essential for a more functional society. All the things you mention are adult problems too, with the possible exception of being killed for this obviously means violence and this can be seen at younger ages. This being the case, don't you think it proves that this problem really not need to be considered by adolescents and minors, leave children to be children, they don't need to grow up any quicker than they already try to.

I was in a funeral yesterday and the vicar giving the sermon (a woman), said a few words that made me think of these discussions on AR. It went something like "When we are children we think like children, reason like children, play like children, understand like children and do childish things. It is not until we develop and become adults that we stop being children."

It was far better than what I have managed to remember, and really made me think that the viewpoint I hold and points I have put across in these threads is true and correct. Even though it was a religious ceremony that which was said that was appropriate to this topic was without reference to the bible, god, faith or belief, it was simply a stated fact.

You've got to stop denying the facts of life, and accept that some things should not be tampered with, childhood being one of them!

I agree, all these things are important and essential for a more functional society. All the things you mention are adult problems too, with the possible exception of being killed for this obviously means violence and this can be seen at younger ages. This being the case, don't you think it proves that this problem really not need to be considered by adolescents and minors, leave children to be children, they don't need to grow up any quicker than they already try to.

I was in a funeral yesterday and the vicar giving the sermon (a woman), said a few words that made me think of these discussions on AR. It went something like "When we are children we think like children, reason like children, play like children, understand like children and do childish things. It is not until we develop and become adults that we stop being children."

It was far better than what I have managed to remember, and really made me think that the viewpoint I hold and points I have put across in these threads is true and correct. Even though it was a religious ceremony that which was said that was appropriate to this topic was without reference to the bible, god, faith or belief, it was simply a stated fact.

You've got to stop denying the facts of life, and accept that some things should not be tampered with, childhood being one of them!
    Children's minds are the most flexible, accepting minds there are. The best time for a person to see and accept life (the world) for what it is is as a child. Why shelter them from reality only to then throw a burdensome load of "here's how life really is" when the reach maturity? Children have no biases or prejudices. You don't have to explain the gory details of things....just the mere concepts. By denying children exposure to many situations, you're instilling in them a bias (by default). if they aren't exposed to the variety that makes up this world, their worldview will be extremely limited, and anything that doesn't fit will be difficult to accept. However, an upbringing that exposes a child to the world as it is, in all its various forms, will provide for a much more open-minded, accepting adult

worldknown is offline Banned
    Anytime a teacher says the phrase, "My wife" or "My husband" or even "My children," they infer they are heterosexual. So, if everyone is going to conceal their sexual orientation, teachers should no longer be allowed to use those phrases.

Which is pretty silly . . .

I think we all can agree that teachers shouldn't tell students they are doing something that is illegal (drugs, adultery, 'roids, etc). And there's no need to go into graphic details of some things that are legal, like any sort of sexual copulation. But, legally speaking, you would need grounds upon which to issue a rule that allows straights to reveal their sexual orientation while penalizing gays who do the same. And since homosexuality is no longer illegal, finding those legal grounds is gonna be pretty tough.

So . . . if you're upset that your kids know which teacher is gay and which isn't, then you may as well get over it . . . kids don't really care anyway, at least not until they pick up their parent's unreasoned prejudice and bitter hatred of gays. And they're gonna discover, sooner or later, that the world is populated with not only gays and lesbians, but a wide spectrum of unusual sexual proclivities, some of which they themselves probably would enjoy. They may as well learn early that they don't have to feel guilt over sexual activities their preacher says is sinful.

So, ya, in other words, get over it. Homosexuality ain't illegal, and there's nothing inappropriate with gays talking about their relationships to the same extent that straights do.

--Tock
    okay i would be extremely pissed if my kid was being taught sex ed by a gay teacher or even if he was getting taught history by a gay teacher, with all this gay **** going on these days like marrages (no pun intended) i dont want to be walking arou nd with my kids when im older and i have to explain to them why the gay people infront of us are holding hands, that pisses me off. Call me immature, i dont care, i dont believe in homosexuality, its not a marragige if it consists of a man and a man, only if its a man and a woman!!

edit: i wouldn't mind telling my kid what i think about gays, i dont want my kid associating with that crap.
    Last edited by worldknown; 07-10-2004 at 03:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by worldknown
    okay i would be extremely pissed if my kid was being taught sex ed by a gay teacher or even if he was getting taught history by a gay teacher, with all this gay **** going on these days like marrages (no pun intended) i dont want to be walking arou nd with my kids when im older and i have to explain to them why the gay people infront of us are holding hands, that pisses me off. Call me immature, i dont care, i dont believe in homosexuality, its not a marragige if it consists of a man and a man, only if its a man and a woman!!

edit: i wouldn't mind telling my kid what i think about gays, i dont want my kid associating with that crap.

I hope you realize how ridiculous what you posted sounds. It's archaic mindsets like this that are the bane of society. The detriment of a homosexual teaching your children about history would be what, exactly? Perhaps the history teacher, be them hetero or otherwise, can teach your children about how ridiculous the mindsets of pre civil rights movements were, so your children can see how moronic blind hatred really is.

Think what you want, this is what makes the world go round.

So you support that the child should be taught that same sex, sex with animals, forced sex, sex with children is just a matter of preference, and the person is not right or wrong.. it's just thier preference..

I don't mean to sound flipent about this.. but you are saying that the values of the teacher are ok to teach to a child...

And i contend that those values are to be taught by the parent, or not taught by the parent, as the parent sees fit..

the School and or a teacher should never teach to a child values........ period.. for they are biased, and do not coincide with the wishes of the parent.

It may be okay to teach a child about same sex, sex with animals, forced sex and sex with children, but only what that child is mature enough to understand each one. I think a parent should tell a child how they feel about each one. If it's a religious family, you should point out in the Bible where each one is discussed and tell the child how God feels about it. But I don't think a parent should put into the child's mind that it's okay to put someone down because that's their choice or make them feel that they can take matters into their own hands and try to punish the person for having those preferences. Of course if your child is the victim of something, then you want to take things into your own hands, but I mean as far as preventing gay bashing and things of that sort.

If a parent feels they don't want their child to know about sex at all, that's on the parent, but then the child grows up maladjusted. The school has certain curiculum put in place to teach the child the basics things about life. How can you have a human bio class and not talk about re-production? If your child goes to a progressive school, they are allowed to ask questions, and I'm sure one of those questions would be bound to come up.

Like it or not, teachers spend more time with our children than we do as parents. The child is going to look to the teacher for ideas about what is acceptable and what is not acceptable, like it or not. The teacher shouldn't be saying that it's okay to engage in one behavior or the other, but they should be free to explain these things to the children within the context of the school curiculum.

I think people believe that if a teacher tells their little boy that it's okay to be gay, they're going to be gay. Or at least their's a higher chance of it. I have two girls and they both know what it means to be gay. They know the concept. They know I know what it is because I explained it to them. The know I don't have a problem with gays, but they also know that I'm not gay. They even know how God feels about homosexuallity according to the Bible, but they know I, nor they are in any position to judge anyone or to hate anyone based on their being gay. By handling things that way, if one of my girls were to end up being gay, they know they will be able to come to me, be open and honest with me. They know I'm not going to think less of them or hate them because of it. Most parents don't want to talk about any of this stuff to their children, especially the girls. The parents that do talk to their children about it end up negatively effecting their children unknowingly, one way or another. This is why gays have such a hard time with their own families. I'm not condoning homosexuality in any way, because I know that in God's eyes, it's wrong. But I don't think as fellow imperfect humans that have done our own share of sinning, have no right to try to judge someone or to say that what they are doing is wrong, when we ourselves are doing so much wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by einstein1905
    I hope you realize how ridiculous what you posted sounds. It's archaic mindsets like this that are the bane of society. The detriment of a homosexual teaching your children about history would be what, exactly? Perhaps the history teacher, be them hetero or otherwise, can teach your children about how ridiculous the mindsets of pre civil rights movements were, so your children can see how moronic blind hatred really is.
    im not saying i hate gays, i just dotn want my kids to be associated with it, i dont bother with it and id ont want it bother with em or my kids. simple

Quote Originally Posted by worldknown
    im not saying i hate gays, i just dotn want my kids to be associated with it, i dont bother with it and id ont want it bother with em or my kids. simple

While you may not HATE gays, you certainly show antipathy for them.
    If a gay person is something you don't want your kids to associate with, well, try replacing "gay person" with something else and see how it sounds:

"I'm not saying I hate "Jews," I just don't want my kids associated with . . ."
    "I'm not saying I hate "Catholics," I just don't want my kids associated with . . ."
    "I'm not saying I hate "Blacks," I just don't want my kids associated with . . ."
    "I'm not saying I hate "poor people," I just don't want my kids associated with . . ."
    "I'm not saying I hate "Moslems," I just don't want my kids associated with . . ."
    "I'm not saying I hate "Asians," I just don't want my kids associated with . . ."
    "I'm not saying I hate "truckdrivers," I just don't want my kids associated with . . ."
    "I'm not saying I hate "drug users," I just don't want my kids associated with . . ."
    "I'm not saying I hate "folks from THAT part of town," I just don't want my kids associated with . . ."
    etc etc etc.

I'm sure you get the picture.

An unreasoned aversion to any social class of people is a prejudice.
    You may as well get over it, because one of these days your kid(s) may just tell you that they are Muslim, using drugs, getting a license to drive 18 wheelers, want to turn Catholic and kiss the Bishop's ring, or say, "I'm queer." Ya, you've got about a 1 in 20 chance of that happening. And if your kid does turn out to be queer, I hope to god that you're big enough not to turn your back on 'em, but to continue to cherish 'em as you do now. It would be a pity if your attitude was, "Gee, I don't want anyone to associate with the kind of people my kid turned out to be."

It's no skin off my nose whatever you decide . . . it's all up to you.

-Tock

being gay isnt a social class or subculture, just a decision, i hate tons of ppl based on decision they make..lol i have no quams with gay ppl, i think anyone tellin children about any type of sex is wrong.

I'm not convinced that being gay is always a choice. There are planty of defects in humans. There are physical, mental and emotional defects that people are born with every day. Sexual attraction is basically a chemical reaction and with so many different chemicals in our bodies, who's to say that a person that's physically arroused by a member of the same sex isn't sometimes just the victim of some form of defective wiring?

If you're a streight guy, do you think you would be able to stop being attracted to women if someone told you that it was wrong? I don't think I'd be able to. I don't think that sexual attraction is a learned behavior or just a choice to make. Did you chose to be attracted to women, or did you just start feeling that way one day?

And why would anyone make a choice like that? Who would chose to live as an outcast? Who would elect to live a life that they have to hide and be ashamed of? I know I wouldn't.

I don't treat gays any differently because I know it could be a physiological reason for it in some people, and I would imagine that God himself would excuse the actions of those people, because he knows we are imperfect and can have flaws that are beyond our control. So, what do I look like shunning someone or putting someone down if God himself can forgive that person?

Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    being gay isnt a social class or subculture,
    Well, we will just have to agree to disagree on that.

just a decision,.
    We can say a person's choice of religion is a decision, too.

i hate tons of ppl based on decision they make.
    It's your right to do so. Doesn't make you look too bright, IMHO, hating people because of either their religion, politics, opinions on anything, or sexual orientation. But, it's ok with me if it's ok with you . . .

lol i have no quams with gay ppl, ,.
    I think you think you don't. But again, that's up to you.

i think anyone tellin children about any type of sex is wrong.
    Sooner or later someone should, preferably their parents. But how many do, and of those who try actually do a decent job?
    So, for all those kids going through puberty without any idea of what's happening, what do you do--leave the job of teaching the kids about their bodies to their peers? Find qualified teachers to do the job? Let 'em figure it out from websites and TV and Hustler magazine?

Again, it ain't my problem, I don't have any kids, most likely won't have any. No skin off my nose if you let kids get their sex ed from the streets, if that's what you want to do. If I did have kids, though, they'd be well-educated about the FACTS, told that whatever feelings they had were normal, and once they had reached a certain age and emotional maturity, they'd be ready to have any kind of consensual sex, and once they were financially secure, they'd be ready to make babies.

It ain't rocket science . . .
    -Tock
    Last edited by Tock; 07-10-2004 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DBarcelo
    I'm not convinced that being gay is always a choice. There are planty of defects in humans.

Defect? Gee, thanks . . .
    I'm hoping you meant to use the word, "difference."
    -Tock

everything in life is a decision, your god, your food, where you stick your dick, children are children, anyone who wants to spread any sexaul filth to children, gay, straight, roll playing any of that is wrong and should be punished. i have no quams with homosexuals, just bc someone doesnt say your right, or agree with you doesnt make them against you. hatin ppl based on decisions doenst make me dumb as well, i only hate a few ppl, and its for pretty important things. you can think im dumb homophobic person, but that only shows how dumb and how your think everyone is victomizing you bc your gay. which i am doing neither of you, search back i havent ever said nada against gays. its your life, icare less what you do with it, just dont bring your side of the fence to a child, its the parents choice to teach what, not a teacher or yours or mine. tock you always have this sneaky way of tryin to play your side up and insult the other side and it wont work bro, im better than that.... stick what you want in your ass, leave the kids alone, dont defend the trash who want to teach them anything when they are to young to know any differnce... im done replying as im sure your reply will be just a propagandaized as the previous and which i have no time to argue with your self rightous all those who dont accept us are wrong crap... being gay is a choice, not a culture, or race or creed, just means you like boys and not girls...big deal, drop it and move on. we all really dont care what you guys do

Homosexuality is a "decision" in the same way that mental depression is a "decision". There are clear physiological predispositions in both cases, but one "deciding" to let those physiological factors dictate their actions is a choice, right? So, next time someone can't motivate themselves to go on with life due to depression, just tell them to suck it up and keep truckin'.......they shouldn't let their "inherent" feelings play a role in their lives, right? Nevermind your feelings, just ignore them and act in a way that lets you better fit the societal mold. Heaven forbid you're different. Why be different when you can be like everyone else, regardless of distinct inherent differences deep down.
    Your actions are a choice....your feelings are not.
    Think how difficult it would be for you to overcome your sexual preference and "act" in a homosexual manner.............now tell me how you come to the conclusion that homosexuality is a choice. Actions, yes.....feelings, no. To deny one's own feelings to fit into the societal mold..........why?

Homosexuality can easily be compared to AAS use. Society, in general, sees it as "wrong". Those of us who know better can easily justify it for more reasons than i need to mention......we're on the inside. However, those on the outside make ignorant judgements that we clearly see as wrong and unfounded. We "choose" to use AAS. Why not just "choose" to NOT use so as to fit the societal mold?

dude maybe we should just drop this stuff, since like it might get a little hostile and just stop it before it gets any worse, cause i know if i post what i feel about homosexuality ill get banned, and i know they cant help it so i feel bad in a way but i dont but i think we should just let this thread die guys.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information