Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Demon Deacon is offline Anabolic Member

Any one in the Navy?

Is anyone here in the navy as an officer? I am considering this as a career when i get out of college and want any feedback that anyone can give me.

Juice a go-go is offline Junior Member
    Heard the term golden RIVET.

No i havent.

Juice a go-go is offline Junior Member
    Just kidding i am in the AUSTRALIAN Army go for it i have been around the American Navy they have a great career but away alot.
    DO it if your single.
    If you are attached be prepared to be unattached in a year or so just to long away from home.
    Well that is what they say

yep single. I am thinking of making it my career until i retire. I think it would be exciting.

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    I'm in the Navy....I outrank any officer...except maybe an ADM... I'm a Chief.

Seriously....

My advice to you is... go for it.

When you get to your first command....sit back and watch. Watch what Chief the junior and senior people turn to for guidance.

Walk up to him and say.... Chief....I'm new at this and a wise person once told me to trust the Chief to show me the way. I'm asking you to show me the way!

Then.... LISTEN to him. If he (or she) is worth their anchors...they will train you to be the best officer the Navy has ever seen!

With all that said....what would you like to know.

I've been around 19 yrs. If I can't answer your questions...I'll get the answers for you!
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

My other advice is.... show respect to get respect. Don't expect respect just because you have an 0 in front of your paygrade not an E.
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Well technically babri you do not outrank any officer as a chief. Whilst most chiefs know the most (like army 1st sergeants know more than 1st lt) they do not outrank. you do get to wear those nice khakis though

Silly.... I know that.

But ask anyone who runs the Navy. Who keeps commands and ships running smooth. The Chief's community! We are the link between the juniors and the officers.

Oh no doubt about that. If your a Chief youve got experience, which is all that really counts. If you want to learn your stuff, talk to ones with the experience.

My point. In 19 yrs.... I've dealt with a lot of officers. Good ones... and HORRIBLE ones. My job as a Chief is to train my future replacements.... and to train the young officers that will lead my junior sailors.

I didn't get here by not knowing my stuff.

My best advice to him would be...."Ask the Chief".

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Oh my!

I dont wanna see a ****ing boat ever again for the rest of my ****ing life!

LOL Van. Would you believe my sea counter .... in 19 yrs .... totals 4...

DAYS!

decadbal is offline Banned
    it takes alot more than a degree to become a officer, so my advice is talk to a naval officer, a good friend of mine went to USNA and is in subs now as a officer and he was tellin how almost impossible it is to become a naval officer without going ot usna or some military institute, they military wants ppl it trained, not a college kid.. good luck bro. def talk to someone who is one

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    The last navy base in the country is down the road from me, and the town it's in is a **** hole.

the last navy base in the country? what do you mean by that

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by symatech
    the last navy base in the country? what do you mean by that
    Thats what I was thinking

the only navy base left in the U.S. is in Waukegan, Illinois . it is where everything happens outside of being abroad.

uhhh, what about norfolk, coronado, san diego. "whoever is giving you this information is taking you for a long ride" - scarface. you think the only navy base in the country is in Ill? If the US was down to 1 navy base I assure you it would be on either the east or west coast...ya know...next to the ocean, where the navy likes to play.

EDIT: and by the way, Illinois is hardly down the road from alabama.
    Last edited by symatech; 07-08-2004 at 09:48 AM.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Do it right and be a Marine officer... still technically the "Navy"

Quote Originally Posted by Commando_Barbi
    LOL Van. Would you believe my sea counter .... in 19 yrs .... totals 4...

DAYS!
    DAAyam... I guess it would depend a lot on the MOS...

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    Do it right and be a Marine officer... still technically the "Navy"
    I'm with ya on that. Go force recon.

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Yeah, doesnt matter what service it is, the E9s are hard to mess with - and its true you dont see Lts pissing with them but at their peril

DAAyam... I guess it would depend a lot on the MOS...
    Yes. My rate is Crypto Tech. When I joined....many moons ago grasshopper..... women were not allowed on combatant ships. That's where CT's went. Now we can go on them.....I'm too senior to go general staff and I am too junior to get a COB position.

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLEON
    Yeah, doesnt matter what service it is, the E9s are hard to mess with - and its true you dont see Lts pissing with them but at their peril
    Very true. You aren't bucking for E-10. My friend from Jordan that is meeting me at Mr O is a 26 year E-9 in the Air Force. Many have tried to mess with him.....many have failed.

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLEON
    I saw a decorated SgtMajor nearly make an LT piss his pants once... funny sh!t

Staff NCO's can save a new officers career - listen to your Staff NCO's and NCO's...

Very true. You aren't bucking for E-10. My friend from Jordan that is meeting me at Mr O is a 26 year E-9 in the Air Force. Many have tried to mess with him.....many have failed.
    haha

I saw a decorated SgtMajor nearly make an LT piss his pants once... funny sh!t

Staff NCO's can save a new officers career - listen to your Staff NCO's and NCO's...
    I know an Army LTC that is wishing he had listened to his Chief a couple years ago. He's facing some time for doing some things I told him were not legal. After I left....he took advantage of not having someone there to keep him reigned in.....and someone reported him to the Inspector General. He was filing false claims, misusing government vehicles and other assets, etc.

When I left....he shafted me. Now....he's calling me trying to get me to help him get his shaft out of the fire! ****....funny thing is, when I left I forgot everything I knew! Old age is a bitch

twosocks40 is offline Member
    Most chiefs in the navy are coffee toting, beer drinking slobs who don't do dick. But thats just from my personal experience. If you do it, get into a special program. I.E. specwar/eod/diver. Better quality people in these communities.

-B

Quote Originally Posted by twosocks40
    Most chiefs in the navy are coffee toting, beer drinking slobs who don't do dick. But thats just from my personal experience. If you do it, get into a special program. I.E. specwar/eod/diver. Better quality people in these communities.

-B

Excuse ME?????????? KMA

Ok sorry.... I do drink coffee!

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    Ok sorry.... I do drink coffee!

hahahahahah

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Navy!

baaaaaaaaaah!

Im truly convinced that all men in the navy have the gay gene. Even the airmen fight over whos going to be behind the other.

How do you separate the men from the boys in the navy?

With a crobar!

"What would you do if a sudden storm sprang up on the starboard?"
    "Throw out an anchor, sir," the student replied.
    "What would you do if another storm sprang up aft?"
    "Throw out another anchor, sir."
    "And if another terrific storm sprang up forward, what would you do then?" asked the captain.
    "Throw out another anchor, sir."
    "Hold on," said the captain. "Where are you getting all those anchors from?"
    "From the same place you're getting your storms, sir."

"Well," snarled the tough old Navy Chief to the bewildered Seaman.
    "I suppose after you get discharged from the Navy,
    you'll just be waiting for me to die so you can come and piss on my grave."

"Not me, Chief!" the Seaman replied.
    "Once I get out of the Navy, I'm never going to stand in line again!"

A Navy Chief and an Admiral were sitting in the barbershop.
    They were both just getting finished with their shaves,
    when the barbers reached for some after-shave to slap on their faces.

The admiral shouted,
    "Hey, don't put that stuff on me! My wife will think I've been in a whorehouse!"

The chief turned to his barber and said,
    "Go ahead and put it on. My wife doesn't know what the inside of a whorehouse smells like."

An air force officer goes to heaven and at the gate St Peter asks him if he has ever done anything in his life that he believes makes him worthy of admittance to heaven. The officer flyboy replies; yes, I once went into a bar with four of my pilot friends and saw two Seabees harassing a young girl at the bar, so being a gentleman I went up to the biggest one and told him to leave this young lady alone. When he refused I told him again more forcefully. This time I slapped him across the face and told this Seabee to stand down. St Peter said this was a very good thing to do and asked when the pilot did this great act. The pilot replied; about 5 minutes ago! My friends should be here shortly!

The farmer's three daughters

A farmer's three daughters leave one night for dates with their new
    boyfriends, one a Airman, the other a Soldier, and the third a Sailor.

The girls all bring their dates home that night, and the next morning, the
    farmer wakes up bright and early at 05:30 to cook breakfast and meet the
    boys his daughters have brought home.

The Marine comes down at 5:45, clean, pressed, and spit-shined,
    eats two eggs, an apple, and a glass of milk,
    says, "Thank you for breakfast, sir", and leaves.

The Airman comes down looking fairly squared-away at 06:30, eats three eggs,
    two slices of bacon, two pices of toast, and has a glass of orange juice.
    He says, "Thanks for the chow" and walks out the front door.

At 10:00, the farmer gets tired of sitting inside, so heads to the back yard to do some chores,
    when the Sailor comes dashing out of the house, dress white top stained,
    neckerchief missing, one shoe in one hand and a scorched old cup of coffee in the other,
    and yells "Later!" on his way out of the yard and down the street.

His daughters come down a short time later, and he asks them all for
    accounts of their evenings. The girl who'd been out with the Airman says,
    "He was a perfect gentleman. He bought me dinner and a couple of drinks,
    gave me a hundred dollars to buy myself something nice, and retired at 22:00
    to the spare bedroom to sleep".

The girl who'd been out with the Soldier said,
    "He was a nice guy, we each paid for our own meals, and he tried to
    sneak a kiss off me. He was sort of drunk, so I let him sleep in my bed,
    while I took the floor, but, he did give me fifty dollars to buy myself
    something nice".

The third daughter, looking ragged and worn down, talking
    about her date with the Sailor, says, "That asshole! He came over last
    night smelling like booze, and finished a bottle of whiskey he'd brought
    with him. He passed out on my bed last night after repeatedly trying to get
    my pants off, and this morning he borrowed a hundred bucks 'til payday."

LOL, Barbi will like that one

ADMIRAL:
    Leaps tall buildings with a single bound, is more powerful than a locomotive, is faster than a speeding bullet, walks on water amid typhoons, reviews policy with God.

CAPTAIN:
    Leaps short buildings with a single bound, is more powerful than a switch engine, is just as fast as a speeding bullet, walks on water if sea is calm, talks to God.

COMMANDER:
    Leaps short buildings with a running start and favorable winds, is almost as powerful as a switch engine, is faster than a speeding BB, walks on water in indoor swimming pool, talks to God only if a special request chit is approved.

LT. COMMANDER:
    Barely clears Quonset hut, loses tug-of-war with switch-engine, can fire a speeding bullet, swims well, is occasionally addressed by God.

LIEUTENANT:
    Makes high marks by trying to leap buildings, is run over by the locomotive, can sometimes handle a gun without inflicting self injury, dog paddles, talks to animals.

LIEUTENANT jg:
    Runs into buildings, recognizes locomotives two out of three times, is not issued ammunition, can stay afloat if properly instructed in the Mae-West, talks to bulkheads.

ENSIGN:
    Falls over doorstep when trying to enter building, says look at the Choo-Choo, wets himself, plays in mud puddles, mumbles to himself.

CHIEF:
    Lifts buildings and walks under them, kicks locomotives off the tracks, catches speeding bullets in his teeth and eats them, freezes water with a single glance, makes policy and enforces it,
    HE IS GOD

QMOW: "Navigator we're on a course for sea mounts."

NAV: "Exec we're heading for shallow water."

EXEC: " Captain, we're running out of water."

CAPT: "What, no water, ...very well, secure the showers."

In a heroic dogfight, fought over international waters off the mainland China coast, a 60s era American-built Lockheed Electra propeller airliner with 24 US Navy passengers/observers aboard chewed up one of China's best state-of-the-art supersonic fighter aircraft.

The Americans utilizing the infrequently seen combat tactic of straight and level flight, often accomplished by relying solely on auto pilot, engaged the unfortunate single seat combat jet and knocked it out of the air using only one of its four formidable rotating air mass propeller weapons system.

After the action, the crew and passengers/observers dropped in on China's Hainan Island Resort for some much-deserved R&R as guests of the Chinese government.

Reprinted from the Taiwan Daily Gazette

A young ensign had nearly completed his first overseas tour of sea duty when he was given an opportunity to display his ability at getting the ship under way. With a stream of crisp commands, he had the decks buzzing with men and soon, the ship had left port and was streaming out of the channel.
    The ensign's efficiency has been remarkable. In fact, the deck was abuzz with talk that he had set a new record for getting a destroyer under way. The ensign glowed at his accomplishment and was not all surprised when another seaman approached him with a message from the captain.
    He was, however, a bit surprised to find that it was a radio message, and he was even more surprised when he read, "My personal congratulations upon completing your underway preparation exercise according to the book and with amazing speed. In your haste, however, you have overlooked one of the unwritten rules -- make sure the captain is aboard before getting under way."

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Any one in the Navy?-2navy-2-.jpg  

LMAO - man, thats some funny shizzel...

Very Cute Van!

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by 3Vandoo
    Navy!
    In a heroic dogfight, fought over international waters off the mainland China coast, a 60s era American-built Lockheed Electra propeller airliner with 24 US Navy passengers/observers aboard chewed up one of China's best state-of-the-art supersonic fighter aircraft.

The Americans utilizing the infrequently seen combat tactic of straight and level flight, often accomplished by relying solely on auto pilot, engaged the unfortunate single seat combat jet and knocked it out of the air using only one of its four formidable rotating air mass propeller weapons system.

After the action, the crew and passengers/observers dropped in on China's Hainan Island Resort for some much-deserved R&R as guests of the Chinese government.

Reprinted from the Taiwan Daily Gazette

Thats classic - and probably exactly how china described their idiot pilot knocking down our spy plane

Quote Originally Posted by symatech
    uhhh, what about norfolk, coronado, san diego. "whoever is giving you this information is taking you for a long ride" - scarface. you think the only navy base in the country is in Ill? If the US was down to 1 navy base I assure you it would be on either the east or west coast...ya know...next to the ocean, where the navy likes to play.

EDIT: and by the way, Illinois is hardly down the road from alabama.

Im not in alabama, if i put the moon would you have said the same thing jack off?

What I meant is its the last naval training base. All recruits go to great lake training base.

Actually we have several Naval Training Bases. Recruit Training center, Technical Training Centers, etc.

And.....no NEED to be so RUDE!

I wasnt, i dont care for someone to be a smart as$.

Well, your response was inaccurate.....he was letting you know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information