Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Quake is offline Member

Question Lesbian and Gay parents?!?!?!?

What do es everyone think of this phenomenon? I know that science has come on in leaps and bounds and things are now possible that weren't before and this has lead to some catastrophic results, I think that this is one of them.

Before we start I am not homophobic, I have gay relatives so I am no stranger to it either, but I am against gay and lesbian couples having children. This I do not feel is not as harsh as it sounds as I am taking a humanmistic stand point.

I think that to be gay or a lesbian is a path which is followed for various reasons but that those who follow it should take everything in to account. Children need the right environment to grow up healthy, not just physically, but also mentally and I feel that to be brought up in a gay or lesbian environment would affect a child greatly at various stages in their life and would possibly get to the stage where a child would need counselling so that they can get their situation into perspective.

I believe that this new phenomenon may create a new category in psychological studies in the future as the children who are currently being brought up in these environments grow older.

What do you people think?

Mart651 is offline The Redneck Queen of the Lounge
    I had this discussion a while back. It is wrong in so many ways. I will not get in the same argument with the same people I did last time.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by Martha
    I had this discussion a while back. It is wrong in so many ways. I will not get in the same argument with the same people I did last time.
    AGREED.

nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    it doesnt bother me that much, i believe there are horrible parents that are straight

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Try searching for the thread Mart had...I believe everything you want to know will be found there...

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    Sounds to me like the argument people used to make 20 or 30 years ago against couples of different races having children. I think the argument is full of crap. Love is love, whether it come from a Mom and Dad, a Dad and Dad, A Mom and Mom, a grandmother, a foster parent, and aunt, or whatever....

I am very good friends with a lesbian couple and they have custody of one woman's children from her previous marriage. The kids are 12 and 17 and both are well-adjusted, normal, kids. They have two parents that love them very much and provide them with their every need.

I'd say they even have an advatage ove other kids as I'm aware of MANY who only have one caring parent - or none at all.

Mart651 is offline The Redneck Queen of the Lounge
    Well since It does not seem this thread is going to go away and as a father it rubs me in the wrong way. I think I will take a break for a little while before our disagreements become personal. Two men should never get custody of any kid period.

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    Agreed, no gay parents. My02

MMC78 is offline Senior Member
    With so many orphaned children in ****ty foster situations, why not allow gay parents to provide a loving home for them?

Quote Originally Posted by Martha
    Well since It does not seem this thread is going to go away and as a father it rubs me in the wrong way. I think I will take a break for a little while before our disagreements become personal. Two men should never get custody of any kid period.
    I stated my opinion and I'll just leave it at that. I know well enough that I won't be able to change opinions on such a topic. And I don't take opinions differeing from mine to be a personal attack on me either, so I hope we're cool.

Unfortunately, as with many issues, i think many people's gut reaction to the situation doesn't allow them to get past this and actually, impartially, analyze the potential pros and cons.

I think that, currently, the majority of those that are parents should NOT be parents, but maybe my standards are too high.

I think the idea that homosexuality is a culture/ideology is where the misunderstanding is. It's not something taught/learned. If a couple (regardless of gender) can and are willing to provide a nourishing and safe environment for the upbringing of a child, then by all means allow it.

I also think that the majority of people's perceptions of gay/lesbian people is based on media.....they form their opinions based on extremists, parade-marchers, etc. The vast majority of gay/lesbian people are just like you and me. The "homosexuality" only differentiates them from us when it comes to their actions in the privacy of their bedroom. Beyond that, we are the same.

Maraxus is offline Banned
    I mean look at Mass, he turned out just fine....

DADDYDBOL is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maraxus

lmao...

That's debatable.....he seems bitter to me

If you were a gorilla faced midget wouldnt you be too?

mass junkie is offline banned
    I never wanted a momma anyways...I was perfectly fine in sharing yours

Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you were a gorilla faced midget wouldnt you be too?
    Either one of those traits would have me kickin' the dirt all day, but both? He's a trooper. A real "Rudy", that Mass

trust me theres plently of her to go around....

Quake is offline Member
    I think basic nature tells us that there is an oddity about it, but that oddities do exist in nature (like which way does a hermaphrodite swing?). However having children is a choice not a necessity and being that a full understanding of this is achieved the choice to bring a child into an odd situation should be one that is decided against every time. It's not just about how much love is there to be given it's about the whole environment that has to be dealt with. Think what it will be like for these children when they get to the age that their school mates understand their situation and the oddity of it. Teenagers can be the cruelest of people in their innocence, and anyone that has ever been picked on in school know the psychological effect that it can have. And this is only one possible scenario.

Stop trying to keep this a serious discussion.

Quake is offline Member

Talking

Stop trying to keep this a serious discussion.
    Why? Is it too heavy for ya? Those grey cells look like they could do with a little stretching if that is you in the avatar!

Quote Originally Posted by Bouncer272001
    Why? Is it too heavy for ya? Those grey cells look like they could do with a little stretching if that is you in the avatar!
    Are you ****ing kidding me?

Umm yeah thats me in the pic. Now back off before I ram my size 12's up yer ass!

Now back off before I ram my size 12's up yer ass!
    Nice segue into getting back on topic

touche Einie.

All logic aside. No one is saying gay/lesbians are bad people. It is an issue of what is best for a child, that situation is not best. As far as orphans etc... that's a drastic and extreme context to put this in. Using extreme examples to make a point is overly dramatic.

my finger smells....

keep it out of your ass.

Quake is offline Member

Talking

Umm yeah thats me in the pic. Now back off before I ram my size 12's up yer ass!
    LOL....That'd be stretching my grey cells a little! Ouch! And that's not the type of stretching that I have in mind! Anyway......

By the way, I like the Hetfield look, it suits ya!

So yeh, any more contributions to the topic at hand?

Quote Originally Posted by 1victor
    keep it out of your ass.

but it feels so good....

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bad_man
    Sounds to me like the argument people used to make 20 or 30 years ago against couples of different races having children. I think the argument is full of crap. Love is love, whether it come from a Mom and Dad, a Dad and Dad, A Mom and Mom, a grandmother, a foster parent, and aunt, or whatever....

I am very good friends with a lesbian couple and they have custody of one woman's children from her previous marriage. The kids are 12 and 17 and both are well-adjusted, normal, kids. They have two parents that love them very much and provide them with their every need.

I'd say they even have an advatage ove other kids as I'm aware of MANY who only have one caring parent - or none at all.

same exact thing.. its going to happen eventually.. if its going to be druing our lifetime or out kids.. is it wrong.. maybe.. but who are we to judge..?

VIXI is offline Female Member
    My best friends are a lesbian couple and are pregnant as we speak....and I couldn't see a child experiencing more love and care then these two beautiful people could provide...the birth mother being adopted herself wants nothing more in life then to have a child to share her life with the way her parents chose to do for her...and Lacy had more problems with the men in her life than she cares to even think about...the life and pain a child would have had to bear in her straight abusive relationship couldn't possibly be better than the world these souls will have created for their new joy...I don't even think of it in the terms of right or wrong ....just awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Bouncer272001
    LOL....That'd be stretching my grey cells a little! Ouch! And that's not the type of stretching that I have in mind! Anyway......

By the way, I like the Hetfield look, it suits ya!

So yeh, any more contributions to the topic at hand?
    yeah its pretty tough keeping up the stache. Check out my site www.orangecountychoppers.com if you're looking for a badass custom chopper, my sos builds some badass bikes.....

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    I think gay people should be able to look after kids, adoption etc. If a single mother can raise a kid why cant two women do it? Or two fathers, i wouldnt really bother me.
    Now on another subject, using one mans sperm, a womans egg and Another woman as the surrogate (Womb). Now i think thats going too far!

I dont think anybody has the right to say a person has the right or not to raise a child based on sexual preference..... Raising a child is hard enough..and granted any added controversy thrown into the mix is going to make it harder..... But hell.......with the **** that I take about my height on this board..you all would probaly deem me unfit to be a parent ....

Truth is..when my kids were born I felt no attachment to em whatsoever..."it was a traumatic experience" but with time..I have placed them 1st in my life..above everything else.... it is an unmatched bond that no amount of bigotry or hatred in the world can take away from me.... and I just dont see the problem with any body else having that same feeling... Gay, straight. white, black, tall, short, ugly or pretty

I dont think anybody has the right to say a person has the right or not to raise a child based on sexual preference..... Raising a child is hard enough..and granted any added controversy thrown into the mix is going to make it harder..... But hell.......with the **** that I take about my height on this board..you all would probaly deem me unfit to be a parent ....

Truth is..when my kids were born I felt no attachment to em whatsoever..."it was a traumatic experience" but with time..I have placed them 1st in my life..above everything else.... it is an unmatched bond that no amount of bigotry or hatred in the world can take away from me.... and I just dont see the problem with any body else having that same feeling... Gay, straight. white, black, tall, short, ugly or pretty
    I whole heartedly agree with your post.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    This could get nasty...

Very well put.

The "issues" of a homosexual couple raising a child are not so much the "issues" of the couple or their sexual preference, as this is a pretty minor thing in the grand scheme of things, it's the perception of those outside of the situation that causes problems. People telling them that it is "wrong", whatever that means, as opposed to allowing them to experience the situation and form their own opinion about its merits.

To each their own. As long as they can be loving parents and take care of their children its ok for me.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information