Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED

Pictures from Saint Croix

Here are a few pictures from my trip. Saint Croix is a beautiful island. We spent most of our time scuba diving doing 3-4 dives a day. We went down to 80 feet. We had dolphins on one dive. Other dives we saw sea turtles, a huge spotted eagle ray, a 6' eel. The dolphins were bad ass. They would swim away then swim directly towards us going full tilt then stop just a few feet away, turn around and look back for us to chase them. You can feel the vibration of their echo location when their checking you out... Lots of fun.

We also rented a jeep and drove almost every road on the island. Including over grown dirt paths through the rain forest.

Here's a tip:
    Do not drive through the rain forest in a jeep with the top off.

The deeper we got into the rain forest the more things kept dropping down out of the trees on top of us. I had a lizard drop out of a tree and land on my arm. I had my shirt off and for maybe 10 mins I kept itching and looking down thinking it was my belt loop on my black shorts rubbing on my stomach. NO! I looked down and I had this 8" long black insect with a shell and zillions of legs crawling up my chest. I yelled so **** loud "WHAT THE F UCK IS THAT THING! GET IT OFF ME!" My friend got the whole thing on video tape. Once he dumps the digital video to my computer I'll post it. The whole incident is pretty funny.

Lets see ... what else. Oh yeah, I had on baggy shorts and I had a rain forest wasp land on my leg and crawl up my shorts. All the way up. It stung me in my taint.

The picts:

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Wow...awesome pics bro! I bet that would have been gorgeous to see...

Sorry to hear about your taint tho...

And what's with the tree in the 3rd pic? Quite the slant to it... lol...

Elysium is offline Productive Member
    man thats looks **** nice. never see none of that stuff in the UK.

50%Natural is offline Respected Member
    wow, nice pics carlos

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    The deeper we got into the rain forest the more things kept dropping down out of the trees on top of us. I had a lizard drop out of a tree and land on my arm. I had my shirt off and for maybe 10 mins I kept itching and looking down thinking it was my belt loop on my black shorts rubbing on my stomach. NO! I looked down and I had this 8" long black insect with a shell and zillions of legs crawling up my chest. I yelled so **** loud "WHAT THE F UCK IS THAT THING! GET IT OFF ME!" My friend got the whole thing on video tape. Once he dumps the digital video to my computer I'll post it. The whole incident is pretty funny.

Lets see ... what else. Oh yeah, I had on baggy shorts and I had a rain forest wasp land on my leg and crawl up my shorts. All the way up. It stung me in my taint.
    LMAO - I spent a few months diggin' up KIA's in Vietnam once. The jungle was hot and full of bugs, snakes, spiders... ANTS!

Cool pics - never dived but have several friends that love it... did a lot of snorkeling in Hawaii

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    Nice Carlos....making me homesick for Barbados.
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    sweet pics bro, I also dive. Where else have you been?

iNvid is offline Senior Member
    Looks like heaven

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    **** that looks so nice

Da Bull is offline Banned
    I've been there as well Carlos....sure is a beautiful island.I've been to most of the islands,and it's in my top 5 favorites....Caymans falling dead last!!

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by diablo27185
    Its where he puts his dead bodies after he wacks em j/k bro lol
    The comments in this thread were all too wholesome - I was waiting for someone to throw the curve ball "wow", "Home sick", "Sweet pics", "So nice...", "Like Heaven", "Its where he puts his dead bodies after he wacks em"

TheOak182 is offline Associate Member
    Lucky bastard!!!

mass junkie is offline banned
    Gorgeous pics!!! Just wondering what the deepest free dive you've ever done? You know sort of like How much do you bench but in Diving terms

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    thanks for the little "escape" time bro, I've been sitting at my desk testing software all day. Your pictures were just what the Dr. ordered!

Quote Originally Posted by symatech
    sweet pics bro, I also dive. Where else have you been?
    Lets see. I've been to Puerto Rico (of course ) several times. Jamaica, Aruba, Hawaii and Saint Croix. We're going to the Galapagos Islands later this year and planning a shark dive in Costa Rica.

I have pictures from Hawaii here.
    http://67.18.108.244//showthread.php...ighlight=scuba

Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    Gorgeous pics!!! Just wondering what the deepest free dive you've ever done? You know sort of like How much do you bench but in Diving terms
    We finished our certification in Saint Croix, started it in Hawaii. The deepest we went was down to is 80 feet. The hardest part of the certification was the swimming test. I asked the guy how long we have to tread water. He says "We don't' do that here. You see that boat?" I say what boat? The one WAYYY out there? He says "Yeah that one. You have to swim to the boat and back. If you don't drown you pass. I'm going to eat. Get swimming." It took us an hour to swim to the boat and back.

I don't know about the rest of you but I don't have much body fat. So in water if I stop moving I don't float. I sink like a rock. I was praying the whole way. "God don't let me die!"

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    Don't mean to sound like an idiot...but where exactly are this island you visited....it's looks beautiful....I recently got back from Hawaii (Maui) and swam with turtles like the ones your pictures show....

Nice pics though....getting stung in the taint man...OUCH!

Quote Originally Posted by Butch
    Don't mean to sound like an idiot...but where exactly are this island you visited....it's looks beautiful....I recently got back from Hawaii (Maui) and swam with turtles like the ones your pictures show....

Nice pics though....getting stung in the taint man...OUCH!
    Saint Croix is one of the US Virgin Islands.

http://www.usvitourism.vi/

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    Cool...thanks!

bubbathegut is offline Member
    i wish i could go there...

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    LMAO - I spent a few months diggin' up KIA's in Vietnam once. The jungle was hot and full of bugs, snakes, spiders... ANTS!

Cool pics - never dived but have several friends that love it... did a lot of snorkeling in Hawaii
    There were a few insects I did not list. I had a spider crawl on me and the body was the size of a silver dollar. Not including the legs. We didn't see any snakes. When we left the rain forest and got back to the hotel we realized the entire back of the Jeep was crawling with ants so we took it back to the rental place and exchanged the Jeep for a different one. The girl asked why we brought it back. We said we took a day to think about it and we really wanted the Blue Jeep.

Lets see. I've been to Puerto Rico (of course ) several times. Jamaica, Aruba, Hawaii and Saint Croix. We're going to the Galapagos Islands later this year and planning a shark dive in Costa Rica.

I have pictures from Hawaii here.
    http://67.18.108.244//showthread.php...ighlight=scuba
    Ever since i started diving when I was 15 I've wanted to go to the galapagos islands. ive hit all over mexico, the keys, flower gardens (which in feb. is hammerhead mating season, 1000's of hammerheads alll over. pretty cool) been all over the gulf (pretty far out though). Hopefully the summer of next year I'll be on my way to australia to dive on the great barrier reef. Thats my second alltime desired place to dive. Im pretty **** jealous you get to go to galapagos islands. have a blast.

you ever dive with nitrox?

edit: forgot i been to the caymens as well

Ever since i started diving when I was 15 I've wanted to go to the galapagos islands. ive hit all over mexico, the keys, flower gardens (which in feb. is hammerhead mating season, 1000's of hammerheads alll over. pretty cool) been all over the gulf (pretty far out though). Hopefully the summer of next year I'll be on my way to australia to dive on the great barrier reef. Thats my second alltime desired place to dive. Im pretty **** jealous you get to go to galapagos islands. have a blast.

you ever dive with nitrox?

edit: forgot i been to the caymens as well
    No Nitrox, not yet. We're pretty much new to diving. Haven't gone past 80 feet yet. Hell, I haven't even bought a dive knife.

That was our on going joke in Saint Croix. We'd go out with a group of 4-8 people and we'd see who had the biggest dive knife. If you have a big dive knife it means you're over compensating for a small something else. We saw guys going out with **** near machetes attached to their leg.

No Nitrox, not yet. We're pretty much new to diving. Haven't gone past 80 feet yet. Hell, I haven't even bought a dive knife.

That was our on going joke in Saint Croix. We'd go out with a group of 4-8 people and we'd see who had the biggest dive knife. If you have a big dive knife it means you're over compensating for a small something else. We saw guys going out with **** near machetes attached to their leg.
    lol, my dive knife is rusted in the holder (yeah its a pos, typically speaking they shouldnt rust but thats what you get when you buy cheap). never needed to use it. in all honesty I like the shallow dives more. You just cant stay down that long when your too deep. most of the cool stuff is shallow anyway. You ever been on night dives? if not you must do it, they are the best.

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    I was in Key West two years ago on a snorkel trip w/ BSA. It was sooo nice down there. Got some nice pics of baracuda and a nurse shark that I touched, I dont think he liked it. I wanted to scuba but they you haffta have all the certification and we didnt have it. But we did manage to sink the 84ft gaff-top rigged schooner that we were sailing in.

nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    i just got back from dominican republic and it didnt look like that. it wasnt that nice

lol, my dive knife is rusted in the holder (yeah its a pos, typically speaking they shouldnt rust but thats what you get when you buy cheap). never needed to use it. in all honesty I like the shallow dives more. You just cant stay down that long when your too deep. most of the cool stuff is shallow anyway. You ever been on night dives? if not you must do it, they are the best.
    We did 1 night dive. Saw a bunch of lobsters. We didn't stay down long because we had already been on a few dives that day and didnt' have much bottom time left.

Out of all the places you've been which one did you like the best?

Quote Originally Posted by nickrizz
    i just got back from dominican republic and it didnt look like that. it wasnt that nice
    I haven't been to DR yet. Cuba, DR and Turks & Caicos Islands are on my list of places I'd like to go.

Anyone been to the Turks & Caicos Islands?

i go snorkling, but never tried scuba, gotta try it when i go to mexico, its sad too cause i was just at aruba, bahamas, and dominican rep, prob some nice sites there

the_rebirth is offline Member
    awesome pictures bro!

~Ricky

I haven't been to DR yet. Cuba, DR and Turks & Caicos Islands are on my list of places I'd like to go.

Anyone been to the Turks & Caicos Islands?
    thats where my gf wants to go (turks and caicois) but its expensive as hell. and as an american i cant go to Cuba. Dom Rep was ok, nothing spectacular

thats where my gf wants to go (turks and caicois) but its expensive as hell. and as an american i cant go to Cuba. Dom Rep was ok, nothing spectacular
    I'm an American. We can go to Cuba, we just can't' fly directly there. My friends who go usually fly through Jamaica.

Quote Originally Posted by NIU ROTC
    But we did manage to sink the 84ft gaff-top rigged schooner that we were sailing in.
    What were you guys doing to sink the boat?

We did 1 night dive. Saw a bunch of lobsters. We didn't stay down long because we had already been on a few dives that day and didnt' have much bottom time left.

Out of all the places you've been which one did you like the best?
    I like'd the flower gardens alot. Its kinda cold in feb, but in the spring its georgous! Cozumel was so-so, but there is a place there called 'punta sur' that was really cool. The keys werent that great, a few sharks here and there. Also dove on some off-shore rigs out in the gulf, saw sharks, barracudas, some big ass fish that looked like they could swallow me whole, and some other ****. I have great hope that whenever i get to australia probably a year from now it will blow them all away. You gotta tell me how the galapagos islands are. With so much variety there its gotta be incredible.

peace

Danielle is offline Female Member
    really?....what part did you go to?.............i went to Punta Cuna in April and it looked like paradise.....it was beauitful...........i mean once you leave the resort and beach area and go into the cities........thats a different story........but where i stayed it looked like a post card.....white sand and crystal clear water............
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    What were you guys doing to sink the boat?
    It all started when we left Key West sailing back to where Sea Base is. (half way down the keys, forgot which one) We were anchored for the nite and me and another scout were on anchor watch and the anchor chain broke n we started to drift. I called the captain and he turned us around back to the preivious spot and dropped second anchor. I went to my hammok below deck and woke up to smoke everywhere and lil scouts standing around the fuse box, which was smoking. I yelled for everyone to get topside and blazed up the fire extinguisher. We then had no engines, only sails. We called a tug boat to pull us out to the gulf stream to sail all the way back. Me being the crew chief, said I would stay awake and help the captain sail the 36 hours back to the base. That nite there was a horendous storm (a water spout was behind us a mile or two) and we were knocked off course some how, I think. The storm passed and according to the maps we knew where we were and in 40ft of the Atlantic Ocean with no land in sight. At 2:30am the next nite we struck a sand bar on a reef in 6ft of water that wasnt on the map and couldnt get off. Sea Base had to send a skiff out to retrieve us and we left the ship out there. Later the next day our ship came in, they got it off the sand bar somehow. We couldnt tell any one at the base what happend because of liability and other stuff. It was still a cool trip.

i went to puerta plata and it was ok, nothing special. also im pretty sure we cant go to cuba, unless you know people who have went, but ive talkted to tons of people and they all told me you cant go with our passports

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    I could really use a vacation like that about now. I hate you BTW.

go to breezes, they are a member of superclubs. they have resorts in really nice places and they are all inclusive and really cheap. Bahamas, Dominican Rep, Jamaica, Brazil, Curosal.

i went to puerta plata and it was ok, nothing special. also im pretty sure we cant go to cuba, unless you know people who have went, but ive talkted to tons of people and they all told me you cant go with our passports
    You cannot not fly directly from the US to Cuba. You have to travel through a different country. Most people either fly through Jamaica or through Canada. You can use a US passport to enter and exit Cuba. I have a friend (a US citizen) who went to Cuba at the same time we went Saint Croix. This was his 3rd trip there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information