bubbathegut is offline Member

thanks to all for the gym stories

i want to thank everyone for all their gym stories especially coldstone, now everytime i work out i do a play by play in my head on all the tards working out...like this one who was wearing a purple bandana (not banana) on his head and purple shorts, he started out doing bench, then after a couple sets he would do some behind the neck presses and then back to the bench, then he would do some tricep pushdowns, go back to the bench and then rep out a couple of shoulder presses. the whole time i am thinking what kind of workout is this? this other guy would do a set and walk out of the room, do a set and walk out of the room, over and over again.... i cant stop watching these tards workout, help...
    Last edited by bubbathegut; 07-12-2004 at 08:42 PM.

LM1332 Guest
    haha i kept on looking at this guy who just did shurgz all freaking day...like he came in half way threw my workout and when i was done and leaving he was still doing them. Goes picks up the weights reps out at 5 or so goes walks around and comes back...over and over again

animal-inside is offline Senior Member
    I got a guy at my gym now who is about 6' 180... throws on 415 on the bench and lowers it 1/2 inch then presses it back up..repeat.. hahaha..
    I saw him doing shrugs with 8 plates aside i thought his arms were gonna pull out..

any multi joint movemnt he will move the bar 1/2 inch haha.

funny tho because I saw him doing concentration curls with 15lbs today

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    im too focused on my lifts when im at the gym. i pay attention to no one. i get very angry when people try to talk to me.

decadbal is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotron
    im too focused on my lifts when im at the gym. i pay attention to no one. i get very angry when people try to talk to me.
    preach it, you fellas must not really care how u work out, or have much intensity if you can focus your attention on the others there, if i were your trainer, that would stop, and you all wouldnt be such girls..lol

bubbathegut is offline Member
    sometimes i just cant help it, it amuses me...

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    The only time i notice it is when someone is doing something stupid next to me. then i tell them to go take a water break so i dont get a dumbbell dropped on my face because they can't do arm extensions correctly.

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    I notice when the female PTs or some regular hottie comes in the room, takes a long glance at me, and I know that they want it. I lift harder when I'm horney and arrogant.

I know everyone else loves that ****. C'mon now. Ladies? You guys live on that stuff.

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member

LM1332 Guest
    Saw this guy today with this dude dont know if it was his brother or a friend. But on every excersise that he was doing he was grunting like he was lifting a VW bug. On every single rep on every single thing sheesh. And this other dude man oh man

mfenske is offline Member
    Well add me to the list of gym tards. Sunday afternoon my wife and I were at the gym (Leg and Bicep day) and I was taking weights off the leg press machine and I forgot that I added 25 on each side before the last set. Let me tell you when a 25# weight hits the top of your right foot it FRIGGIN HURTS! I don't think I broke it or anything, but it's bruised and fairly sore. Mark

I think it would be cool if there were more gym stories out there to be told, they're funny as crap.

builtthekid is offline Banned
    Sometimes I laugh at the old people working out.
    They all just look so awkward but then I just
    go back to doing my set.

Maraxus is offline Banned
    Well one time I was on the Preacher Curl which faces towards the lat pulldown. These 2 punks (around 18) are walking around like they're hot **** and of course they're wearing wife beaters. The two are directly in front of me discussing about how much weight they should do on the Pulldown, mind you I am laughing my ass off because these guys are skinny twigs. They load up the machine totally and are standing over the bar and he wraps his straps on the bar. He places his knees under the support, and his friend pulls the bar down for him. Once he has control of the weight, he extends for the negative and his leg gives out. The guy goes flying. I quickly jump out of the preacher curl and stand back to watch. The guy was dangling on the pulldown. Still tied down to the bar. I am dying hysterically laughing, and I teared up a bit. I swear to you it was the funniest thing ever. I haven't seen those dudes at the gym since.

keep em coming....

Beernutz is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maraxus
    Well one time I was on the Preacher Curl which faces towards the lat pulldown. These 2 punks (around 18) are walking around like they're hot **** and of course they're wearing wife beaters. The two are directly in front of me discussing about how much weight they should do on the Pulldown, mind you I am laughing my ass off because these guys are skinny twigs. They load up the machine totally and are standing over the bar and he wraps his straps on the bar. He places his knees under the support, and his friend pulls the bar down for him. Once he has control of the weight, he extends for the negative and his leg gives out. The guy goes flying. I quickly jump out of the preacher curl and stand back to watch. The guy was dangling on the pulldown. Still tied down to the bar. I am dying hysterically laughing, and I teared up a bit. I swear to you it was the funniest thing ever. I haven't seen those dudes at the gym since.
    lolollololoololololollololololololololol

Beernutz is offline Member
    well one time i saw a fat lady fly off the treadmill and smack her back flat of the wall behind her.....i tried no to laugh but i couldnt help it. 3 pple got off their machines to help her up. I feel i should have offered some assistance considering i was the closest but i couldnt keep a straight enough face to help her up. So i chuckled and keep on walking.

dirtdawg is offline Anabolic Member
    this mid 40 year old fat lady just fell off the big exercise ball 5 minutes ago, she tried to lean back on the ball to do crunches, the ball rolled back a little, and she slid right off the back of the ball,she landed on her back with both feet in the air, LMFAO, me and 2 other people i work with saw it, and we are still laughing, its only funny because she is the angriest and grumpiest person in the gym, she is just a bitter old bitch, we call her the penguin

OK, time for me to share a few. I actually enjoy the entertainment and look forward to seeing these guys come in, I always announce it loud enough for whoever is around me to hear “its show time”. First guy, about 47.. he is strong enough but weird as hell. Never does anything but bench.. comes in a tank top, short shorts, and a headband. Walks over to the bench with his chest out and his arms back. Throws his weight belt on the bar and proceeds to warm up by “skipping” up and down the gym floor, after “skipping” does this run where he literally kicks his own butt 10 times per foot traveled. Time for his bench, nothing noteworthy till he pushes 315. lifts the bar, negative looks ok, but on the push he arches his back so much you can seriously fit a keg under him, at the same time he lets out this yell, not a grunt or moan or anything like that but this high pitched yell loud enough to stop everyone in the gym, this goes on for 5 reps. Since he now has everyone’s attention he gets up and does the “skip” to the far end of the gym and hits the wall with his fist as hard as he can, anyone who somehow did not hear his mating call would surely be woken up by the sound of him hitting the wall. This whole cycle is repeated for several sets, I just shake my head.

There is this older guy pushing 60 I would say, does the usual machine routine not a great looking guy, you would never be able to tell that he worked out. The thing about this guy is the way he dresses. Always wearing some kind of spandex old time weightlifting shorts, with either purple and black or green and yellow vertical stripes, I have never seen these for sale anywhere. He somehow finds matching tanks to go with it, and dude even has like theses suede boots that look to be made for a weight lifter. Must have been popular back in his day?

Last one I will mention is fairly new to the gym, I haven’t seen him before. I’m sitting down looking in the mirror doing preacher curls and see him behind me, tall skinny guy in a spaghetti tank type with super short dolphin shorts. He strips a bar on the rack of it’s 25’s and throws them on the floor about an inch from my foot. This pissed me off but I didn’t say anything fine I think, your such and idiot. So I watch the gut take the curl bar to the bench press and do a set of curls with his back, elbows locked. Ok, next he loads the bench with 225 and lays down, he lifts up and drops the weight on his chest within a few centimeters of his adams apple and just bounces it there not even 3 inches high for like 8 reps. I have seen others bounce the weight like that before but this guy takes the cake. After bouncing the weight like that he struggles to the point of me getting up to help but he made it and racked the bar. He then proceeds to do these alternating leg lifts while laying on the bench. Well this goes on for several sets, he finally gets up and strikes several poses while checking himself out in the mirror.

This is just the tip of the iceberg in my gym (bally’s) I’m just tired of typing.

Thread Information