Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diving Pics....

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member

Diving Pics....

My buddy just got a digital underwater camera, so i thought id share my diving pixs from this weekend....We speared 6 hog snappers and booooy were they yummy....

OG
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Diving Pics....-me_spear.jpg   Diving Pics....-hog_spear.jpg   Diving Pics....-yellowfish.jpg   Diving Pics....-me_spear2.jpg   Diving Pics....-me_spear3.jpg  

Maraxus is offline Banned
    Nice catch bro.

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Another bro with diving pics....
    These are awesome bro!

mass junkie is offline banned
    Youre lucky you had time enough to snap a few pics.....Ive lost a few fish and spears taking to long to come back up to some hungry cuda....Ever try a hawaiian sling?

lxorl is offline Associate Member
    cool catch.... we were fishing the same way with the hawian sling down in the bahamas... nailed a nice size grouper ... two seconds about a 6ft shark came and took off with the grouper and spear... all about 20 ft away from us..... was pretty wild sight.

Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    Youre lucky you had time enough to snap a few pics.....Ive lost a few fish and spears taking to long to come back up to some hungry cuda....Ever try a hawaiian sling?
    My buddy was taking the pics, plus i carry a catch bag on me so i dont have to go back up everytime i spear a fish. Iv never had to fight off a cuda, but once i speared a fish and a HUGE grouper tried to take it off my spear. I almost lost the other fish trying to get it off so i could nail the grouper. I prefer a gun to a hawaiian sling Mass. I love my Riffe...

OG

Mart651 is offline The Redneck Queen of the Lounge
    Nice pics bro. It looks like you are retaining a little water. J\J

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    That looks like fun

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    That's a cool pic

Thxs bros! Diving is a blast! Its a whole other world down there...

OG

Quote Originally Posted by OGPackin
    My buddy was taking the pics, plus i carry a catch bag on me so i dont have to go back up everytime i spear a fish. Iv never had to fight off a cuda, but once i speared a fish and a HUGE grouper tried to take it off my spear. I almost lost the other fish trying to get it off so i could nail the grouper. I prefer a gun to a hawaiian sling Mass. I love my Riffe...

OG
    sweet, and who said anything about fighting a cuda....hahaha..I aint that crazy...

sweet pics by the way.... im jealous

Ryanhallmark is offline Senior Member
    Cool Pics OG

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Very nice OG.....I take it you do a little bug hunting when season opens? I certified in 84'.......have plenty of funny stories diving with my buds.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    That looks so cool! What about sharks? Did you see any?

decadbal is offline Banned
    OG the underwata gangsta

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    I didn't realize there were so many divers on the board. We need to start a diving section along with the other sport sections.

*Anabolic Steroids and Diving*

I'm running a cycle so I can load up my tanks faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    I didn't realize there were so many divers on the board. We need to start a diving section along with the other sport sections.

*Anabolic Steroids and Diving*

I'm running a cycle so I can load up my tanks faster.
    thats an excellent idea........Im surprised none of you guys say that you want to dive the Great Barrier Reef...with the Great Whites...I cant wait for Carlos to get pics of the Golopagos islands...thats gonna be insane

Here are a few more....Sup Jugg! I was certified around the same time as u, and u know i'll be out mini-season fer sure... Sup Palme!! In one of the pics below is a shark. U can barely see him, but i circled him so u can see....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Diving Pics....-reef.jpg   Diving Pics....-school_jacks.jpg   Diving Pics....-shark.jpg  

thats an excellent idea........Im surprised none of you guys say that you want to dive the Great Barrier Reef...with the Great Whites...I cant wait for Carlos to get pics of the Golopagos islands...thats gonna be insane
    I thought it's every males dream (besides banging hotties) to dive the Great Barrier Reef with great whites (Porkers for you folks down under). It's at the top of my list of Things to Do before checkout.

I remember watching 20/20 years back when Hue Downs dove with them. The producers found out he wanted to do something like this and they sprung for the whole trip as long as they could film it and run it as a story. He agreed. He an about 8 other men paid 20K per head. They stayed on a huge freakin yacht at night and then each morning each would head out in there own 40' boat with all the equipment they needed (they moored the boats up to the bigger one each night. Hue said it was the one thing he would never forget the rest of his life. He said looking at those huge beasts as they pass the cage......not a chance in hell he's ever want to find himself in open water with them, was awe insipering (sp).

Hell, I'd sleep with Mass to get a chance to dive with great white. hahahahaha

nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    ogpackin, where did you take those pics?

LilVito469 is offline Banned
    you lucky bro...i never been but looks awesome i would love to go some day...

decadbal is offline Banned
    when i was a diver, i wanted to go to GBR or to south africa... thats gotta be the best thing in life, diving with a GW

Quote Originally Posted by nickrizz
    ogpackin, where did you take those pics?

Im in South Florida bro....We were just south of Hallover (north miami beach) bout .5 - 1 mile off shore.

OG

Here's a bug...

OG
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Diving Pics....-lodster.jpg  

wow, i never knew water was that clear in florida, up here in jersey its friggin discusting.

On the Atlantic side the water is very clear...unless there's a storm. The gulf side isn't bad once aout a few miles but for the most part it's cloudy.

OG, have you been down to the Keys for bug season? Pretty good hunting ground around there. Penny Camp is pretty neat to dive as well. I did a Reef Raiders dive on a tanker at about 80'....pretty cool. The best part about deep dives in open water is how small I feel floating in the water.....miles and miles of nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut2148
    On the Atlantic side the water is very clear...unless there's a storm. The gulf side isn't bad once aout a few miles but for the most part it's cloudy.

OG, have you been down to the Keys for bug season? Pretty good hunting ground around there. Penny Camp is pretty neat to dive as well. I did a Reef Raiders dive on a tanker at about 80'....pretty cool. The best part about deep dives in open water is how small I feel floating in the water.....miles and miles of nothing.

Hey Jugg, we usually stay up north for bug season. the limit u can catch is less down in the keys. I love wreck diving. I dove the Dauntless in the keys. The tower starts at about 50ft and the ship is at 120ft. Only prob with that is u can only stay down about 20min before u have to come up and decompress.

OG

Do you guys dive in fresh water? I've never done it.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    Do you guys dive in fresh water? I've never done it.
    Bro, freash water dives are pretty cool. We've all kinds of places to do fresh water diving. You could do cave diving as well but that freakes me out a little too much.....we get about 5-8 people dieing in those things each year. I have dove the Devils Hole and a few others........freaking deep, deep fresh water springs.........one has Mastadon tusks at the bottom of it.

You guys ever done a night dive? I've been trying to get over my fears concerning doing one of these but floating around in the black and having a shark or something pop out of nowhere would make me poo my pants! Hell I was following my bud into a wreck once both of us got mowed over by a sea turtle.......I **** you not I thought it was a shark or something the way my bud was trying to run over me to get out of it's path. hahahahaha

Sounds like you know where to go fro the good bugs OG. You'll have to throw a bro a bone and clue me in on where to go.....I go to the Keys with my friends but we don't go to make a record catch....just to have a few to snack on while there is always enough me us.

Hey Jugg, we usually stay up north for bug season. the limit u can catch is less down in the keys. I love wreck diving. I dove the Dauntless in the keys. The tower starts at about 50ft and the ship is at 120ft. Only prob with that is u can only stay down about 20min before u have to come up and decompress.

OG
    Decompressing is pretty boring......you guys ever have to tie off pony tanks at intervals you've been down so deep for long? I've wanted to do a really deep sea dive and use a mixture just to see what it's like.

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    Thxs bros! Diving is a blast! Its a whole other world down there...

OG
    too true... it can be almost spiritual sometimes, no sound, your body suspended weightless, all the weird and beautiful creatures... phucking awesome.

i snorkeled but i get terrified that a shark is going to bit my leg off

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    i snorkeled but i get terrified that a shark is going to bit my leg off

you Northern boys...

the Garden State pkwy is probably 100 times more dangerous than swimming with most sharks... (I say MOST because I don't trust bull sharks.. those bastards are aggresive and unpredictable...hey wait a minute, so are most NJ drivers! j/k).

Bro, freash water dives are pretty cool. We've all kinds of places to do fresh water diving. You could do cave diving as well but that freakes me out a little too much.....we get about 5-8 people dieing in those things each year. I have dove the Devils Hole and a few others........freaking deep, deep fresh water springs.........one has Mastadon tusks at the bottom of it.

You guys ever done a night dive? I've been trying to get over my fears concerning doing one of these but floating around in the black and having a shark or something pop out of nowhere would make me poo my pants! Hell I was following my bud into a wreck once both of us got mowed over by a sea turtle.......I **** you not I thought it was a shark or something the way my bud was trying to run over me to get out of it's path. hahahahaha

Sounds like you know where to go fro the good bugs OG. You'll have to throw a bro a bone and clue me in on where to go.....I go to the Keys with my friends but we don't go to make a record catch....just to have a few to snack on while there is always enough me us.

Sure Jugg no worries. My buddy has a GPs and we have a **** load of good spots marked. 2 yrs ago we got 86 lobsters. We were over the limit though and got busted by marine patrol. Cost us a grand with the fine and lawyer fees......errrrrrrrr

Night diving is pretty crazy. Iv done it a few times and its really freaky. U can only see where ur beam of light is shinning. Other then that its pitch black. Every now and then i found myself checking behind me....lol

OG

Quote Originally Posted by ripped4fsu
    you Northern boys...

the Garden State pkwy is probably 100 times more dangerous than swimming with most sharks... (I say MOST because I don't trust bull sharks.. those bastards are aggresive and unpredictable...hey wait a minute, so are most NJ drivers! j/k).
    just being in the water gets me nervous. i feel like im in a lions cage with 3000 pounds of meat strapped to me. baracuda, shark, killer whale, if i saw a friggin dolphin id ish my swimsuit

Quote Originally Posted by ripped4fsu
    too true... it can be almost spiritual sometimes, no sound, your body suspended weightless, all the weird and beautiful creatures... phucking awesome.
    Agreed

just being in the water gets me nervous. i feel like im in a lions cage with 3000 pounds of meat strapped to me. baracuda, shark, killer whale, if i saw a friggin dolphin id ish my swimsuit
    If you want to enjoy diving you have to get over the fear. I will admit my very first open water dive I was very nervous. I took the longest just to get down. But as soon as I stopped, got a hold of myself and looked around, I forgot all of the crap I've seen in movies. It's amazing down there!

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    dang, that looks awesome...wish I had what it takes to do that

Quote Originally Posted by kc
    dang, that looks awesome...wish I had what it takes to do that
    Are you refering to lungs? hahahaha I'm pretty sure you got those.

Are you refering to lungs? hahahaha I'm pretty sure you got those.
    Gills maybe?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information