Thread: Original Goals

Prime is offline Naturally perfect

Original Goals

While loading the dishwasher today i began thinking about what my original goals had been when i started bodybuilding. What i wanted to acheive, where i wanted to be etc. My original goal was to reach 14 stone (roughly 200lbs). I wanted to be stronger, but diddnt have an exact figure on how strong, just stronger. Well since then my goals have changed, 220 or maybe more seems much more attractive now, but at 183 and climbing i will acheive my original goal in less then a year. This for me is quite exciting because when i first started lifting, this goal seemed as far away as winning the Olympia! It kinda made me stop for a second and rethink some things, think about what i can and can't do, and also how i have changed. When i reach 200 will 220 seem too small, will i be gunning for 230, maybe 240? Perhaps. Only time will tell on that one. But for the first time in a while im actually proud of my progress and the fact that there is an end in sight to a challenge i set myself that i diddnt know that i could acheive. Where i go from that point will hopefully be forward but who knows .
    Anyway, just thought i would share. I think all too often we forget where we were aiming and by the time we have reached it we are already gunning for something better. How many others on here actually lifted a weight that first time and envisioned themselves as Mr Olympia? I diddnt, i diddnt even know who Mr Olympia was. I just diddnt want to me small anymore. Id be surprised if many others here havent also either attained or nearly attained what they originally saw as somthing beyond them.
    If anyone else wants to share their own original goals feel free too.

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    redefining goals and setting new ones are the only way to succeed.

unfortunately, when you reach 200 you probably won't be content. you have matured so far in your quest when 200 lbs seemed unattainable, and now you can almost taste it.

maybe when you hit 200 size won't be an issue, but strength could.

when you reach that goal, then it is time to reevaluate why you lift and what you get from it. when that day comes, things will be more clear to you.

best of luck bro, i wish you the best

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    Quote Originally Posted by daem
    redefining goals and setting new ones are the only way to succeed.

unfortunately, when you reach 200 you probably won't be content. you have matured so far in your quest when 200 lbs seemed unattainable, and now you can almost taste it.

maybe when you hit 200 size won't be an issue, but strength could.

when you reach that goal, then it is time to reevaluate why you lift and what you get from it. when that day comes, things will be more clear to you.

best of luck bro, i wish you the best
    cheers for the feedback but i kinda wasnt going for that angle. Rather an introspective look at my progress and the open option for others to share theirs.

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    I'm 5'6". When I was 127 I wanted to be 150. I thought that would be big. When I was 147, I decided 165 would be big. When I got to 165, I wanted 185, thought that would look big on me. Now I'm 200, and 230.... will most likely look big on me. We'll see when I get there.

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    I started at 149 lbs (5'1) and a size 10 and my goal was to get down to around 115. I got to 118, size 2 and was happy. I'm back to a size 5, because I've put on some mass....and my shoulders won't fit in a size 2 suit jackets anymore .
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    I started out just wanting to get healthy. Then spend years learning. Now...11%...when I hit that, we'll see

KrashRoute is offline Associate Member
    I was 185lbs when I first started training... iw anted to be 245+ with 20" arms and a 500lb press and 225lb curl. Now a few years and injuries later im 235 19" arms and gettin close in the strength dept.

Thread Information