frank_frank is offline Senior Member

New York Times = Bullsh1t?

ya anyway, i was just reading the paper and in a story titled "revelations merely confirm suspicions about use of drugs" it talks about the use of performance enhancing drugs, etc, etc...

and on the second to last paragraph it states that " 7% of ninth-grade girls have used steroids [which] can lead to stunted girls and emotional problems"

okay, there is no way this is true!
    yes i believe that 7% of 9th grade girls are on birth control, which is a type of steroid (correct me if im wrong).. but how can the paper be so misleading in their articles?
    they say a true statistic in the wrong context... thats bull****

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    I've only known of 1 girl in HS that used the juice. And yes I agree with you about that statistic, doesn't seem right.

IntensityX is offline BDTRs SHEMALE
    This just in a new source of steroids has been found 9th grade cheerleaders so if you want some dbol or some drol then look no further then your local 9th grade cheerleader just go into their locker room and ask for the head cheerleader she will help you out

By the way it's stories like that,that make me angry and you wonder why the media sucks when it comes to steroids

[QUOTE=IntensityX]This just in a new source of steroids has been found 9th grade cheerleaders so if you want some dbol or some drol then look no further then your local 9th grade cheerleader just go into their locker room and ask for the head cheerleader she will help you out
    QUOTE]

lol!!!

P Rock is offline Member
    my source is a cheerleader

UrbanLegend is offline Senior Member
    The problem with the surveys that they give to those kids in school is that its the kid's descretion whether they are taking steroids or not. As in, if I were taking creatine, and I believe its a steroids, I would fill in the bubble for 'Yes'. Plus a lot of kids probably just BS their way through those things......I know I did. I said I did Cocaine and some other drug that had a really long name (think it might have been methamphetamine??? I don't remember).

Besides, the New York Times has never been big on checking the facts (or the context of the facts.......hence all the biased political articles), they just let their writters experess their opinions, whatever they may be. Thats why they had so many issues with that one guy writing BS stories a while back.........they don't do very good background checks apparently.
    Last edited by UrbanLegend; 12-05-2004 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend
    The problem with the surveys that they give to those kids in school is that its the kid's descretion whether they are taking steroids or not. As in, if I were taking creatine, and I believe its a steroids, I would fill in the bubble for 'Yes'. Plus a lot of kids probably just BS their way through those things......I know I did. I said I did Cocaine and some other drug that had a really long name (think it might have been methamphetamine??? I don't remember).

Besides, the New York Times has never been big on checking the facts (or the context of the facts.......hence all the biased political articles), they just let their writters experess their opinions, whatever they may be. Thats why they had so many issues with that one guy writing BS stories a while back.........they don't do very good background checks apparently.
    ya those r definetly some good points!!
    ..now that i think about it .. i don't think i've ever fully read a survey that wasn't important

decadbal is offline Banned
    anything that says aas is bad.. is bullshiit

Thread Information