Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 25 of 25
  1. #1
    jbigdog69's Avatar
    jbigdog69 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Euphoria
    Posts
    2,129

    Doc M or anyone that has overcome this injury!!!

    Have been out for two weeks. Right elbow...outside where forearm muscle meets with lower tricep is killing me just to straightewn it out. Tendon?? What do I do. I have to get back in the gym. Felt it pull when I was pushing 415lbs on incline press. Also, have been off of deca for 1 month and pain has obviously gotten worse. What do you suggest???

  2. #2
    Dude-Man's Avatar
    Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Nowhere, USA
    Posts
    5,978
    I have the same thing... if flares up once in a while. The only thing i've found to help was that i stopped doing cable pushdowns, and changed my benchpress form so that my elbows are tucked tightly into my sides at the bottom of the movement.

  3. #3
    Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,917
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisAdams
    I have the same thing... if flares up once in a while. The only thing i've found to help was that i stopped doing cable pushdowns, and changed my benchpress form so that my elbows are tucked tightly into my sides at the bottom of the movement.
    Like when doing close-grip bench...correct?

  4. #4
    jbigdog69's Avatar
    jbigdog69 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Euphoria
    Posts
    2,129

    I appreciate your input Chris.

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisAdams
    I have the same thing... if flares up once in a while. The only thing i've found to help was that i stopped doing cable pushdowns, and changed my benchpress form so that my elbows are tucked tightly into my sides at the bottom of the movement.
    Thanks

  5. #5
    FCECC2 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    under some plywood sheets
    Posts
    2,260
    i got the same thing too, ive stopped training for like 4 month. now im back to the gym and i just skip tris training. my elbow is like 50-75% healed.
    sounds like its a tendinite (sp?)

  6. #6
    daem's Avatar
    daem is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    3,482
    Quote Originally Posted by TRLS63
    sounds like its a tendinite (sp?)
    tendinitis

  7. #7
    Dude-Man's Avatar
    Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Nowhere, USA
    Posts
    5,978
    Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC
    Like when doing close-grip bench...correct?
    basically. I don't have a tear though, just a touch of tendonitis. I don't know how well this would work, because i've obviously not tried it yet (although probably soon!) maybe include some deca in your next cycle.

  8. #8
    cpt steele's Avatar
    cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    2,890
    do not do hammer curls pushdowns or kickbacks, it really sucks but my has finally gotten better.

  9. #9
    jbigdog69's Avatar
    jbigdog69 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Euphoria
    Posts
    2,129

    Bro without these I am screwed.

    Quote Originally Posted by cpt steele
    do not do hammer curls pushdowns or kickbacks, it really sucks but my has finally gotten better.
    I think i am just gonna load up on ibuprofrin. Or is this not a good idea???

  10. #10
    Prime's Avatar
    Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Tropical England
    Posts
    3,531
    Quote Originally Posted by jbigdog69
    I think i am just gonna load up on ibuprofrin. Or is this not a good idea???
    if something hurts its usually because its damaged/injured. Taking a pain killer is just going to mask the injury till it gets worse! Not a good idea IMO. Why not actually go to the doctor if its that bad?

  11. #11
    jbigdog69's Avatar
    jbigdog69 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Euphoria
    Posts
    2,129

    Because I am a freak Bro.

    Quote Originally Posted by Prime
    if something hurts its usually because its damaged/injured. Taking a pain killer is just going to mask the injury till it gets worse! Not a good idea IMO. Why not actually go to the doctor if its that bad?
    I have not been to the Doctor in years. I'm right at 250lbs @ 5' 11 1/2" with a 32" waist...I am a dead giveaway at the Doctors office. I think I will just mask the pain until the next Deca cycle. I posted this in hopes that someone in the medical field could enlighten me.

  12. #12
    Prime's Avatar
    Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Tropical England
    Posts
    3,531
    Quote Originally Posted by jbigdog69
    I have not been to the Doctor in years. I'm right at 250lbs @ 5' 11 1/2" with a 32" waist...I am a dead giveaway at the Doctors office. I think I will just mask the pain until the next Deca cycle. I posted this in hopes that someone in the medical field could enlighten me.
    Fair enough its your body, even if you do look like you "must be on steroids " the doc isnt going to be taking blood samples etc theyre gonna be trying to fix your arm. Maybe someone with a medical background may be able to help you without actually checking you out in person. Youre nowhere near the level of someone like Tom Prince yet, but using him as an example, he had a bad elbow amongst other things and it wasnt the gear that ruined his kidneys, it was the constant use of painkillers.

  13. #13
    jbigdog69's Avatar
    jbigdog69 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Euphoria
    Posts
    2,129

    Oh....

    Quote Originally Posted by Prime
    Fair enough its your body, even if you do look like you "must be on steroids" the doc isnt going to be taking blood samples etc theyre gonna be trying to fix your arm. Maybe someone with a medical background may be able to help you without actually checking you out in person. Youre nowhere near the level of someone like Tom Prince yet, but using him as an example, he had a bad elbow amongst other things and it wasnt the gear that ruined his kidneys, it was the constant use of painkillers.
    Hmmmm...like to keep the kidneys in shape...think I might go see a Doc or deal with the pain. Maybe I can just keep the weights light and rep em out till next cycle. This is so discouraging.

  14. #14
    Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,917
    Hey jbig...

    What would happen if you took milk thistle with the painkillers?

    Would this help to protect your kidneys?

    Just an idea...

  15. #15
    jbigdog69's Avatar
    jbigdog69 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Euphoria
    Posts
    2,129

    I don't think so Bro.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC
    Hey jbig...

    What would happen if you took milk thistle with the painkillers?

    Would this help to protect your kidneys?

    Just an idea...
    I do take 1000mg per day of milk thistle though.

  16. #16
    Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,917
    Quote Originally Posted by jbigdog69
    I do take 1000mg per day of milk thistle though.
    Oh ok... just an idea...

  17. #17
    jbigdog69's Avatar
    jbigdog69 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Euphoria
    Posts
    2,129

    Thanks Bro...

    Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC
    Oh ok... just an idea...
    I appreiciate your concern and your advice. I luv u man!!!

  18. #18
    Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,917
    Quote Originally Posted by jbigdog69
    I appreiciate your concern and your advice. I luv u man!!!
    Stop JB you're making me ...

    You're a thuper guy! Tee hee

  19. #19
    jbigdog69's Avatar
    jbigdog69 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Euphoria
    Posts
    2,129

    Calm down Bro...

    Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC
    Stop JB you're making me ...

    You're a thuper guy! Tee hee
    This does not mean I'm gonna suck your little weiner.

  20. #20
    Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,917
    Quote Originally Posted by jbigdog69
    This does not mean I'm gonna suck your little weiner.
    I like how courteous you are not to pass along your VD's bro! How thoughtful!

  21. #21
    Psychotron's Avatar
    Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    2,581
    go get ultrasound therapy.

  22. #22
    Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,917
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotron
    go get ultrasound therapy.
    Would you mind explaining how this works? Not in depth, just vaguely...

  23. #23
    jbigdog69's Avatar
    jbigdog69 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Euphoria
    Posts
    2,129

    Yah....

    Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC
    Would you mind explaining how this works? Not in depth, just vaguely...
    Would like more info please....

  24. #24
    SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    25,778
    See a doctor to make sure nothing is immediately wrong.

    I had the same thing after doing heavy incline d-bell presses (where it initially hurt), then hung them to my sides and shrugged them a few times before setting them down. Tore something on the outside of the arm, and it takes quite a few weeks to heal w/out activity. With activity it's going to take longer. Lots of ice and heating pad alternated works well.

    If you are not already, I'd use a chondroitin/MSM/glucosamine stack w/unflavored gelatin thrown into your protein shakes.

    ~SC~

  25. #25
    jbigdog69's Avatar
    jbigdog69 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Euphoria
    Posts
    2,129

    Good idea...

    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat

    If you are not already, I'd use a chondroitin/MSM/glucosamine stack w/unflavored gelatin thrown into your protein shakes.

    ~SC~
    Forgot about glucosomine stack. Thanks P.I.M.P. S.C.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •