rborwn77 is offline Associate Member

Unhappy ^^^^just Had To Put My Dog To Sleep^^^

I Am So Sad Its Unreal .I Dont Really Want To Get In To Why We Put Him Down (He Was Not Sick) And He Was Only 11mo Old
    Just Wanted To Talk To Someone About It

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    That's really too bad bro...

Sorry to hear about your pup...

There are many other dog-lovers here, so this is the place to share...

Hope you feel better...

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    what kind of dog was it?

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    Man that sucks....been there done that.It is the worst feeling ever....essentially you have lost a loved one...I feel for you bro...try to keep your head up high....and you'll get through it!

Maraxus is offline Banned
    Sorry to hear that bro My condolences

DADDYDBOL is offline Anabolic Member
    sorry to hear that...been there too....

w_rballs is offline Anabolic Member
    its a shame bro. sorry to hear that.

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    Sorry to hear that. It's hard to lose a pet. Mine are getting up there in years... I dread that day.

My parents have the dog I got 19 yrs ago when I lived in Japan. Would you believe that dog is still alive??? Looks like something out of pet cemetary, deaf and can't hardly walk. My mother carries him out a couple times a day to use the bathroom...or he will just lay there and go on himself. I keep asking my father to put him down but they can't do it. They are down in Cali or I'd do it myself.

It's hard to do ... but the tough choice kept your beloved pet from suffering.

Hang in there.
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Sorry to hear bro!!

Neo
    Neo is offline Senior Member
    Sorry for your loss. I had to put my first dog down a few years ago. It was the hardest day of my life. She was my best friend for 13 years and seeing her in pain and battling cancer was too much. She went peacefully and surrounded by the family. It's like losing a family member. My condolences, bro...

jbigdog69 is offline Banned
    Sorry to hear Bro. My 128lb American Bulldog died of heat stroke. I was mesmerized. Peace

Unhappy

Thanks soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much everyone .I am about to loose my mind .He was like my baby ,he ment the world to me.I will never forget
    him (ever) thanks for trying to lift my spirt up hopefully everyday will be a little better,I feel like a little part of me died yesterday 7/13/2004 .Oh ya I had to decide this on my bday 7/12/2004 .what a great bday present

R.I.P. JAKE I WILL NEVER FORGET YOU ,LOVE DAD

Sierra_Breeze is offline Female Member
    Aww, I'm very sorry to hear you had to put your pooch down, you have my deepest sympathies...

Xavier_4446 is offline Senior Member
    sorry man. I can only imagine if I lost my baby

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    I know how you feel. My dog passed away May 20th. He had a heart attack while in a seizure. I musta cried for a good part of the day. He died at the bottom of the stairs waiting for me to get him in the morning. If youre anything like me, youll get back into the normal swing of things. But when night comes around he will be the last thing on your mind.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    sorry to hear that bro................ I have a old Rottie and I'm not looking forward to this. She's been with me through a lot and she's my big girl.

zx7racing is offline Senior Member
    i'm really sorry bro- our pets are like family, a mut, dashound, and a farret... time will ease your pain.

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Hey bro, im sooo sorry!! Animals are like kids to us and it hurts just the same IMO. RIP

OG

nj123 is offline Member
    about 2 months ago i was going in my backyard to see my golden retriever that id had for like 9 years, and she was standing in one spot and wouldnt move so i left her alone and watched through the screen door and called her name. when i did she walked toward me and just fell over dead.i went out there and picked her up and all this fluid ran out of her mouth so i just tilted her over to let it run out and i put her in my truck and took her to the vet. she wasdead

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    I feel for ya bro

ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~
    That sucks...I had to have my somoyed husky put down a couple years ago. It was pretty tough, I had him since I was 8...

Thumbs up thanks

Thanks to evryone who posted
    Today is going a little better
    THANKS for the support

Swellin Guest
    I won't go into my own nightmarish tales about animals , but it sufices to say that I can certainly empathise with you. Tough break...that really feels terrible.

It feels worse when you like your dogs more than 99% of the people you know. I used to think if it came down to either saving my Doberman or a person...the decision would be so tough...I'd probably lose both of them....unless I knew the person (then most likely I would save the dog).

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    Bro really sorry to hear that......I have 2 dogs, irrish setters, a mother and her daughter, a couple of days ago it seemed the mother was going to die, I cired all the way to the vet while driving 140 km/h, I got there in 8 min, ussually takes me half an hour, turns out I just got there in time, so the vet saved her.............If it means anything to you, I always think crying after your pet means you are a very good kind hearted human being!My girl still cries when she talks about her dog that was hit by a car 2 years ago.........

ttuPrincess Guest
    Im sorry to hear about your loss.. pets are like family
    Im sure hes looking down from doggie heaven at you right now!

nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    very very sorry

bmf2 is offline Elite Female - AR-Hall of Famer
    Sorry to hear of your loss... I to lost one of my dogs last week... this helped me some...

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
    They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
    Last edited by bmf2; 07-15-2004 at 02:17 PM.

SexyKitty is offline Female Vet
    Very sorry to hear about your loss. I certainly know what it's like, i too had to put down my dog a few years ago.

My parents were in Italy so I had to put down my 15 year old Golden Retriever when we found out she had cancer, it got so bad she couldn't walk any more. I stayed their with her though when they put her down, it's sad but you get your last moment with the dog and the dog's not there alone with a stranger so it makes her last moments a bit easier too.

Really a terrible thing to have to go through and it's not something I would want to go through again. Time will help you heal, take care.

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    That post made me sad bmf2

dirtdawg is offline Anabolic Member
    sorry bro, losing a dog is like losing a family member

Lobsterman is offline Associate Member
    dude I feel your pain my dog almost died a month ago cost me almost 6 grand to keep her alive stay strong man know how you feel

Thread Information