Thread: Beyone Fitness

brian11 is offline Member

Beyone Fitness

I was a member of Golds Gym until they changed to Beyond Fitness where i live. Something about having to pay to use the name Golds Gym or something. Anyway, now it sucks bc when you join Golds you have the comfort of knowing that there are gyms all over the world that you have access to. Now Beyond Fitness isnt as widespread. Just venting because it is annoying how they just changed it like that on us.

-B-

dirtdawg is offline Anabolic Member
    golds gym just got bought by a huge hotel corp, i think its called omni, that sucks bro, where do you live

Danielle is offline Female Member
    hmmmmmmmmmmmm.......i actaully just joined a Gold's and i dont believe that i have access to every Golds Gym in the area.............but im going to find out if its tranferrable to all of them..........cause theres a decent amount of Golds in the NY area
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle
    hmmmmmmmmmmmm.......i actaully just joined a Gold's and i dont believe that i have access to every Golds Gym in the area.............but im going to find out if its tranferrable to all of them..........cause theres a decent amount of Golds in the NY area
    most golds gyms are franchises, and are owned independently, there are only 40 corporate clubs, you can transfer to the corp gyms, but you can get a travel pass to use all the clubs

co2boi is offline Anabolic Member
    even when you are a member at Golds they have dumb rules. you still have a "home" gym and you have to pay a surcharge to use the other gyms on most days.

Danielle, is that you in your avatar? That's one of the best bodies I've seen in some time

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdawg
    most golds gyms are franchises, and are owned independently, there are only 40 corporate clubs, you can transfer to the corp gyms, but you can get a travel pass to use all the clubs
    it was my understanding when i joined that i could get a travel pass for free i just had to sign up for it. But now that is out the window as i can only go to beyond fitness. I live in Raleigh NC...

-B-

yea, each golds, and now beyond fitness have individual owners except for the 40 or so like you said. But the same guy owns the one i go to even though it changed to beyond fitness. It was something to do with using their name...

-B-

Quote Originally Posted by co2boi
    even when you are a member at Golds they have dumb rules. you still have a "home" gym and you have to pay a surcharge to use the other gyms on most days.

Danielle, is that you in your avatar? That's one of the best bodies I've seen in some time
    never had surcharges for me....

thats gotta be a model in the avatar

-B-

Quote Originally Posted by co2boi

that avatar is smokin , the travel pass is free, but it only gets you 14 visits a year to each club, but they hardly keep track of the visits

Oh, I never traveled and used mine. We just have 3 Golds within a 30 mile radius so I would use different ones depending on where I was, what I was doing, etc. I haven't been a member of Golds for over 2 years though. My wife and I joined Workout Anytime for $29 / mth (combined) and they have a whole network of gyms. I use the one right beside my office and she uses the one right beside hers. They don't have the classes or a swimming pool, but they are open 24 hours a day and we never used the aforementioned ameneties at Golds anyway

ColdSore is offline Banned
    someday i will start a gym and i wont have all of these fukkin retarded thing to deal with...

i feel ya though...took a buddy to gold to w/o with me a while back and it cost him 10 fukkin dollars to move some weight and walk on a treadmill...rediculas...

Quote Originally Posted by ColdStone
    someday i will start a gym and i wont have all of these fukkin retarded thing to deal with...

i feel ya though...took a buddy to gold to w/o with me a while back and it cost him 10 fukkin dollars to move some weight and walk on a treadmill...rediculas...
    the gym that i work at now costs $24 for a day visit

hercules88 is offline Senior Member
    im at golds and they just give me a travelrs card when i go out of town. it has always worked for me.

They are just way overpriced IMO. They still aren't as bad a Crunch and Bally's though. Crunch wanted me to give them like $4500 or some **** for a year membership. Whateva flava

nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    by my house there are 2 golds not too far away and the two owners hate each other. if you go belong to one and you want to go to the other you have to pay $20 per visit

lol...gotta love franchises

Quote Originally Posted by nickrizz
    by my house there are 2 golds not too far away and the two owners hate each other. if you go belong to one and you want to go to the other you have to pay $20 per visit
    ****, that sucks, i would say **** both of em and go join somewhere else. The owners of the private gyms are usually cool and make themselves available a lot more. Plus they know what they are talking about. Franchise owners just have some capital and buy the place. A guy i used to work for has his own gym now and as soon as my golds/beyond fitness membership is up im headin over there for free!

-B-

Thread Information