Jdawg50 is offline Anabolic Member

7 yr old football game today- WIN!!!!

So my little guy is playing flag football in our towns park district league. There are like 12 teams or so. Well today we played my Brother-in-law's team. I run the defense for my son's team, and my brother-in-law runs the offense for his 7yr old's team. My defense shut his offense out, and we scored two touchdowns! It was awesome. We make a real effort to get all the kids a chance to play all of the positions. So on the last score of the game, we put in the biggest kid on the team. He ussually plays the line, but we wanted to give him a chance. Well, he never touches the ball, and this was the first time he had ever touched the ball in a game... So he runs right up the middle and scores a touchdown! The crowd went nuts, and so did my brother-in-law. You see there is a rule in place that says you cannot run up the middle. The play we sent in was a sweep right, but since the kid had neveer touched the ball he had no idea what to do, so he just ran towards the goal as soon as he got the ball. I'm sure you guys know what happens next..... My brother-in-law goes nuts... yelling at the offensive coach on my team, and yelling at the refs. After the game we were shaking hands... and he was like "Way to teach em how to run it up the middle"... Can you beleive that crap?

So I just ignored him after the game, but I was a bit pissed off about his attitude. So I called him... He was cool enough to say he was wrong for acting that way in front of the kids... so all is well, but man some people get soooo pissed off about kids sports. amazing!

Oh I forgot to metion, my kid got 5 sacks, and scored the other touchdown! Stud... I told him I'd give him 5$ per sack and touchdown.. I owe him 30$ hehehehehehe

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    great now pay up!! lol

Bro, that kind of behaviour here at Hockey or Soccer (my kid plays both) would have the coach removed and kicked out of the organisation.

It's even more severe for hockey... yelling from the stands to encourage your kid and his team is good... but if the parents yelling from the stands become abusive, their kids team can get a "parent penalty" (anything from a 2 minute penalty all the way to a game forfeit!!!)

Things were getting out of hand here... parents were abusive and we even had fights in the stands!!! Since they introduced those measures, the problems stopped cold.

Too many parents and even coaches seem to forget the kids are there for FUN.

Ahhh I see you got the $5 rule too eh? My kid usually plays center or left wing... $5 a goal, $2 per assist. Time to book more overtime at work, tis looks like it's gonna be an expensive season!

Red

OSTIE is offline Senior Member
    As a kid playing little league baseball, I used to hate parents like you. Give the kids 100$ bill for hitting a homerun or new GT or DYNO bikes, etc. I was so friggin jealous, lol.

When I hit a homerun, my dad just told me to stop trying to uppercut the ball and hit friggin line drives.

Quote Originally Posted by OSTIE
    As a kid playing little league baseball, I used to hate parents like you. Give the kids 100$ bill for hitting a homerun or new GT or DYNO bikes, etc. I was so friggin jealous, lol.

When I hit a homerun, my dad just told me to stop trying to uppercut the ball and hit friggin line drives.
    Cool, hate me all you want, like I care. It was an incentive to perform, I see no issue with that. My company offer's me incentives to perform... Why is that so wrong. All it did was give my son another reason to win, guess what.. that is capitalizm at its best bro. 100$ thats nuts, 5$ per sack....thats not especailly in a case like this with my ass hole brother in law

OSTIE is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdawg50
    Cool, hate me all you want, like I care. It was an incentive to perform, I see no issue with that. My company offer's me incentives to perform... Why is that so wrong. All it did was give my son another reason to win, guess what.. that is capitalizm at its best bro. 100$ thats nuts, 5$ per sack....thats not especailly in a case like this with my ass hole brother in law
    Hard to show expression on the computer so I dont know if you took it the wrong way, it was more of a joking around comment, more of a jealousy thing when I was younger because I never got that sort of incentive. It wasnt to say that I have a true hatred for you people and you should rot in hell, lol. Ill probably do the same thing with my kids. Hopefully you didnt take it the wrong way.

Cool, I thought you were being a dick, but I guess not. Thanks

TexasFitnessGirl is offline Female Member
    No offense whatever you do to motivate your kid.

But with my son, I tell him if he doesn't hit somebody, I am gonna come down on the field and hit HIM, ****ing hard!

It usually works. Once he asked if I would reward him for making good plays, I told him his reward for doing good is I won't beat the hell out of him when we get in the car.

LOL Maybe I am a little hard on him....

lol good stuff

Thread Information