bulldawg_28 is offline Senior Member

high blood pressure, should I be concerned?

So my friend and I took our blood pressure at walmart just for fun. Anyways my friends comes up normal, can't remember what it was. So I do mine, and it came up 152/92. Should I be concerned about this? What do you think could be causing this? I've been bulking for over two months now and been using b12, creatine, and protien. My diet has been off, so I don't know if that would be causing this. What do you guys think?

AnabolicAlien Guest

haha...

haha...

first that isn't that high.

one reading at a wallmart? bro, get it checked at a doctor several different times before you say you have high blood pressure. those ones in the stores are grossly inaccurate.

next time you get a physical ask what it is. i bet you it's normal.

E.T.

TPAK is offline Associate Member
    Ok bro I asked this same question on another board and Doc M answered it for me. Mine was 140/80 when I went to the doc. Which is slightly elevated. Normal is 120/80. I went out and bought a good BP monitor and took it at different times through out the day. Keeping track of each reading over a weeks time. At the end of the week I had allot of info. In the end my BP was normal. So I suggest you do the same and see what you come up with after a week of recording it.

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    152/92 is a little odd. I would think there was something wrong with the machine. Not accurate. BP monitors have to re-calibrated ever so often and that one sounds like it needs to be re-calibrated.

Have your doctor check your BP. Depending on your age, size and build, 152 is kinda high for a systalic BP.

bulldawg_28 is offline Senior Member
    I hope your right bro. But if the machine was messed up, then why did my friends bp come out normal? I really don't want to go to the doc since it's not a short drive away.

Quote Originally Posted by DBarcelo
    152/92 is a little odd. I would think there was something wrong with the machine. Not accurate. BP monitors have to re-calibrated ever so often and that one sounds like it needs to be re-calibrated.

Have your doctor check your BP. Depending on your age, size and build, 152 is kinda high for a systalic BP.
    TPAK I think I'm going to do that. My aunt is a nurse, so I may have her check my bp and see what she says. Thanks a lot bros!

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    Many things can affect the reading. Go to a doc...get it checked a few times. Better safe than sorry.
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Doctors usually give meds for anything over 140/90. Ya, 'roids can raise your blood pressure. If it stays high for a while, you can count on doing damage to your blood vessels and kidneys and eyes and other organs. The higher the pressure, the quicker the damage is done. If it gets too high (180 or 200 over whatever), you'll be in line for a trip to stroke city.
    There are ways to reduce your bp . . . drink more water, reduce your sodium intake, lots of cardio, less stress, and as a last resort, blood pressure pills (diruetics).
    I'd recommend getting one of those $40 blood pressure machines at WalMart (get one with a LARGE cuff) and keep an eye on things.
    Good luck,
    -Tock

sinista63 is offline Associate Member
    Don't panic just from one high reading. As everyone else has said, continue monitoring it to stay ahead of any potential problems. A lot of things may affect your BP. You might've walked briskley to the machine, been doing something like laughing right before taking, or even might have been under some stress. Anything of the sort could cause a random elevation. Usually high BP is technically diagnosed if you've had two high readings on back-to-back visits to your MD. Also, depending on how high it is should determine what strategy the physican utilizes in treating it. If it is a moderate elevation, usually dietary and lifestyle changes are what should be implemented, prior to starting medications. Good luck with it though. High BP runs in my family so I'm always trying to stay ahead of it. I've been running at 110/75 or below lately which puts a smile on my face.

Thread Information