mustang331 is offline Member

Drug Test's Questions!

I pulled my back out while working on my friends car. It hurt really bad so my sister gave me a percacet SP? I took it that night, and then the next morning realized I have to take a drug test in a couple days ( This Monday ) Anyway I freaked out and just went to a doctor, and he gave me a script for Lorcet's.. Now when I go to take the test do I just bring in my script?? Can they still refuse me the job??

Don't know what to do.. Thanks

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    As long as you have a script for pain killers you should be fine.

Rhino58 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, you could smoke a joint in their face if you have a prescript, in certain states of coarse.

OverDrive is offline Associate Member
    both meds are hydrocodone, an opiate that will show up on a DT. with a script you'll be fine.

outlaw334 is offline New Member
    will steroids come out on a piss drug test..?

NoobJuice is offline Member
    no, they wont outlaw, steroid tests are specific and really expensive so the answer is no

outlaw334 is offline New Member
    alright thanks for the information but is a steroid test a specific test just for steroids not a test dat comes mixed wiht marijuana and steroids??

sinista63 is offline Associate Member
    most drug analysis for a workplace is done with an EMIT which is very non-specific and they only test for things such as amphetamines, opiates, cannabinoids, etc.

to test for anabolic steroids you'd have to do a gas chromotography/mass spectroscopy analysis which significantly increases the cost of screening potential employees. therefore, the majority of workplaces will skip on the GC/MS testing. it is mostly used by athletic associations and i've heard of a few cases of government agencies testing for steroids either as an initial screening or if an employee was suspected of using anabolic steroids . GC/MS is a specific assay and is used to look for steroid metabolites in the urine.

sinista63 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OverDrive
    both meds are hydrocodone, an opiate that will show up on a DT. with a script you'll be fine.
    percocet is oxycodone/acetaminophen and lorcet is hydrocodone/acetaminophen... but yea... both will show up on a tox screen

just make sure you try and make them aware of the fact that you have a legal prescription for the drug

Thread Information