scroll down for the clip

Beernutz is offline Member
    holy ****.... Is that a record..

Quote Originally Posted by Beernutz
    holy ****.... Is that a record..
    yep

1000lbs w/in a year, I'd say

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    I wonder what those spotters would have done if he dropped it. Not much, I think.

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    It's impressive weight...but look at him...he's a freakin' goober. I guess we all have different goals in mind when we train.

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    if thats gene rhychlack (or however you spell it) i personally dont think it counts. I heard he cant even do 700 RAW! Using all those bench shirts etc is crazy to me, they may as well cme eqquped with a shirt with neumatic presses built in!

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    imagine what that guy's squat must be

dirtdawg is offline Anabolic Member
    i thought 405 was impressive, F*CK

Quote Originally Posted by Prime
    if thats gene rhychlack (or however you spell it) i personally dont think it counts. I heard he cant even do 700 RAW! Using all those bench shirts etc is crazy to me, they may as well cme eqquped with a shirt with neumatic presses built in!
    He's at nearly 800 raw, from what I hear.

It's not my goal either, but it's impressive all the same

mass junkie is offline banned
    nice halter top...but I aint hating

Maraxus is offline Banned
    Holy ****.

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    I respect that he can do that much weight, but i find it funny he moved it only about 8 inches. I dont think the competition should be done in how heavy the weight is, rather in how much work you do. Work = Force x Distance. The distance would either be the entire ROM, or just the pushing up of the weight.

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Using all those bench shirts etc is crazy to me, they may as well cme eqquped with a shirt with neumatic presses built in!
    I was wondering what that was. I was thinking he's too fat to fit into his wet suit.

dirtdawg is offline Anabolic Member
    he is lucky he didnt sh*t his ass out

Devourer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Money Boss Hustla
    It's impressive weight...but look at him...he's a freakin' goober. I guess we all have different goals in mind when we train.
    yeah id rather bench 135 lbs and look good

iNvid is offline Senior Member
    thats nuts ;O

brian11 is offline Member
    965? i would say that he can probably f*ck some people up, but his chest is so big that he probably can hardly even throw a punch...impressive none the less.

-B-

Quote Originally Posted by brian11
    965? i would say that he can probably f*ck some people up, but his chest is so big that he probably can hardly even throw a punch...impressive none the less.

-B-
    He would be a human speed bag in a fight...too slow and would tire easily.

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    He would be a human speed bag in a fight...too slow and would tire easily.
    yeah but lock him in a room with a small child and he'd probably get hungry and eat it!

BDTR is offline Retired
    1. His chest is so big his arms moved two inches.

2. Once again his arms moved two inches.

3. Bench shirts are cheating, plain and simple.

If your actually going to compete in powerlifting, you have no choice to use a shirt. It's about like someone saying yes I have great genetics let me go in the Mr. O all natty and see how I do.

Not an avid supporter of shirts at all. Best thing I personally feel about them is the support you get and the reduced risk of injury. It eventually turns into a who has the most money to blow on a sexy,shirt that I can't move my arms in,that wins a meet.

I personally feel shirts are taking powerlifting the wrong way and making it out to be more of a joke then most people already view it as. When you are doing hundreds of pounds less because you don't have a piece of denim around your body,then something is wrong.

I have a ton of respect for the guys that can handle this huge weight though. People that don't train for POWER have no clue how hard it is once you are stalemated,regardless of training and nutrition, to persevere and keep your head on straight.

Powerlifting and Bodybuilding are two different things. A large percentage of bodybuilders know little to nothing about powerlifting other then you need to be fat,lift heavy weights,and bench shirts are cheating.

Being around a WPO event and seeing what the atmosphere is like total electric. I'd advise even people with goals not even simliar to those guys at the meets to attend. It will seroiusly make you wanna dig more out of yourself when you train. Regardless if your bulking,cutting,maintaining or just want to get stronger.

I've seen a lot of these guys up close and most of them are monsters. Seeing Scot Mendleson will change your mind about the stereotypical powerlifter. A lot of these guys I honestly believe could have great physiques if they so desired. The amount of mass some of these guys hold isnt common. Regardless of massive steroid use . If they trained and dieted more suitable for they bodies instead of strength there is no doubt that they could be quite impressive.
    Last edited by goodtobeapimp; 07-16-2004 at 01:20 PM.

zx7racing is offline Senior Member
    exatcly what i was thinking

nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    just because people are big, it means absolutely nothing in a fight.i dont think, actually i KNOW ronnie wouldnt touch one single guy in UFC and most of them arent built that well

bubbathegut is offline Member
    if everyone uses a bench shirt than its not cheating...

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotron
    I respect that he can do that much weight, but i find it funny he moved it only about 8 inches. I dont think the competition should be done in how heavy the weight is, rather in how much work you do. Work = Force x Distance. The distance would either be the entire ROM, or just the pushing up of the weight.
    actually... we should measure the force applied..

move 8" or 1" doesn't matter.... use pressure plates with the guys back against a wall...

but ****nn impressive
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    impressive amount of weight but ya i agree i would rather look good and lift less....

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    The man is one powerful f'er! As einstein said he can do high 700's clean. That is the number I focus on since I also don't agree with using bench shirts..That being said a bench in the 700's is nothing short of amazing. I've been around gyms on and off for the last few decades and have never seen anyone do over 600. Once saw a guy do 575 but he arched his back like a **** bridge...When we flat backed him he was pushing high 4's

decadbal is offline Banned
    i could do it if i wanted to..i just dont feel like it todaylllol

RussianVodka is offline Senior Member
    Very impressive!!!

ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~
    Even half that weightmis impressive to most...

Quote Originally Posted by Benches505
    The man is one powerful f'er! As einstein said he can do high 700's clean. That is the number I focus on since I also don't agree with using bench shirts..That being said a bench in the 700's is nothing short of amazing. I've been around gyms on and off for the last few decades and have never seen anyone do over 600. Once saw a guy do 575 but he arched his back like a **** bridge...When we flat backed him he was pushing high 4's
    As long as your shoulders and as$ is on the bench, its legit.. I'm guessing at a 75 pound + gain from just arching he prolly wasnt.

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Well the dude is STRONG

but his lift is not proper and **** he's so jacked with the supports that I thought he was a support robot or an Ad for some types of straps companies

Anyway, **** hes strong

Fat Guy is offline Senior Member

Talking

yeah but lock him in a room with a small child and he'd probably get hungry and eat it!
    LMAO

DARKSEID is offline Senior Member
    I'll give him credit for being strong but that's it. I've used bench shirts before and personally don't agree with them, but for meets they obviously have there place.

bubbathegut is offline Member
    i can do a 9.65 bench thats easy

qccat is offline Associate Member
    if he moved two inches or twenty i dont care, he benched close to a thousand pounds. He moved the weight, yes, with a shirt, but who cares. Every powerlifter uses shirts and whoever said that as long as everyone uses shirts its not cheating is exactly right. There was no unfair advantage. My hats off to this guy

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    That's why I laugh at that sport.

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    1. His chest is so big his arms moved two inches.

2. Once again his arms moved two inches.

3. Bench shirts are cheating, plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    That's why I laugh at that sport.

~SC~
    Haha, You just opened yourself for some hate from some powerlifters on this board.

Haha, You just opened yourself for some hate from some powerlifters on this board.
    Can't speak for everyone in general, but I will say that I understand that the majority (99%) of this board is bodybuilding oriented. Yes I'm an avid powerlifter but I do not look like one. I don't follow powerlifting rountines constantly. I do my own.

Also by being 99%(estimated) bodybuilding oriented I have to realize that more then majority of people on here know very little about powerlifting. Bench shirts, I agree, are regretfully part of the sport. That's pretty much the main topic of discussion on this thread.

Powerlifting is a total different sport then bodybuilding,and no most people that reach for certain goals in bodybuilding cannot understand why someone would be interested in powerlifting.

Anyone that has ever used a bench shirt knows that the shirt will not do anything for you without practice. Sort of like just taking an anabolic steroid and expecting it to work for you. You dont throw a shirt on and gain 100 pounds on your bench press.

Someone's goals in bodybuiding are obviously going to differ then a powerlifters. Say your wanting to put on around 20 pounds of size in the offseason. First couple things that come to mine are AS and diet. Say a powerlifter wants to gain a large amount of weight on a certain lift. He is going to think of a bench shirt.

You cant seriously compete in powerlifting without a shirt because the use of it is there. Would you stop using steroids because you think that its cheating? Is there ever going to be an all natural Mr. O? No, I think not.

As far as Swolecats comments on powerlifting, I see absolutely nothing wrong with it. Could have worded it a little bit less offensive for the people that cannot make a constructive discussion without arguing. Which is a large amount of people on this board,but no his opinion is just that. I can read things without getting offended and wanna badger him with words because im sure neither he nor I have time to sit on here and quack at each other like ducks.

The beauty of a forum is to discuss,share ideas, agree and disagree. I wish a lot more people on here could take words with a grain of salt instead of arguing and taking things to heart.

rugger2 is offline New Member
    thats a lot of weight

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information