Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member

Good news: You dont have to work out anymore!

I was floored with dumbfoundedness at work tonite. I was talkin to another dude in the back room of the kitchen, separating 400lbs of chicken quarters I wish I could eat, when one of the dishwashers comes back and said, "Why are you drinking all those protien shakes? Dont you know that all fat turns to muscle when you work out?" It was at this point when the bullet train in my mind derailed into a nuclear plant. Why the HELL would you think something like this? I told him he was absolutly wrong and that is like turning lead into gold. He then backed up his claim with retarded statements I cant even remember. Under this believe, everyday activity would cause all that fat to gradually turn its way into muscle. I tried talking sense into him but he still believed himself. I think Im done ranting for now.

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    Bad ass.

I'm gonna get as fat as a house, then turn that fatness into raw, aggressive and unadulterated power.

Bad...ass.

What can you do? Just leave it and be happy you know better bro.

bubbathegut is offline Member
    haha, i love it when fat people tell you how to diet and loose weight

eggplant is offline Member
    haha...i suppose that he's got "nice abs" to brag about? or maybe he's gonna turn into ronnie colemen the next day..cos all his fats turned into muscles while he wash the dishes..

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Thats how Oprah Winphrey got so muscular. Same with Rosie O'Donnell.

anaBROLIC is offline Only The Strong Survive
    homer will turn into the hulk after 10 pushups... awesome..

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    i know a lot of people who beleive that fat can turn into muscle and vice versa. there are a lot of misinformed people out there thats all.

Elysium is offline Productive Member
    when is was a kid, probably when i was 10/11 i thought that fat turned into muscle, a few years later when i started looking into working out etc i found out it wasnt true. to be honest i think MOST people have thought that at some point in there life.

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    It was that old atlas stuff they used to sell "turn that flab into muscle"

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cpt steele
    It was that old atlas stuff they used to sell "turn that flab into muscle"
    Yeah in the back of comic books. It costs a dollar to buy the unknown thing thats gonna make you not get sand kicked in your face at the beach.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Like you said, muscle turning to fat is like turning lead into gold... it ain't gonna happen - entirely two different structures.

This uninformed reasoning, which unforunately gets absorbed by the general population, is based on a lot of guys who do go from being large and lean to large and fat. BUT contrary to popular belief, this happens when you keep your caloric intake up like you did while in training (physically active). If you take away the bodies need to have the muscle (lack of training stimulis) then no matter how much you eat - you will not preserve the muscle you built... you will detraing and the excess calories convert to fat.

In other words, your body wants to be as suffecient as possible for it's own survival... and a lot of muscle means a higher metabolism - which means more food to survive. So once you take away the training - it sees the muscle weight as a burden - unnecessary. And then, your metabolism drops (in relation to the detraining effect) and excess calories become more and more of a problem... and they turn to fat...

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Makes tons of sense!

~SC~

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    Like you said, muscle turning to fat is like turning lead into gold... it ain't gonna happen - entirely two different structures.

This uninformed reasoning, which unforunately gets absorbed by the general population, is based on a lot of guys who do go from being large and lean to large and fat. BUT contrary to popular belief, this happens when you keep your caloric intake up like you did while in training (physically active). If you take away the bodies need to have the muscle (lack of training stimulis) then no matter how much you eat - you will not preserve the muscle you built... you will detraing and the excess calories convert to fat.

In other words, your body wants to be as suffecient as possible for it's own survival... and a lot of muscle means a higher metabolism - which means more food to survive. So once you take away the training - it sees the muscle weight as a burden - unnecessary. And then, your metabolism drops (in relation to the detraining effect) and excess calories become more and more of a problem... and they turn to fat...

Soldier of Misfortune is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior

THANK YOU WARRIOR!!! Im gonna have my sister read that cuz she always b!tches at me for working out thinkin all my muscle will turn to fat when I stop. But I dont think Im going to stop. Military for 20 years then trainer after I retire is the plan. We had a teacher in HS who used to be a body builder (and used creatine, OH NO!) and now is an absolute lard ass, fat hanging everywhere.

Elizabeth is offline Female Member
    The brains of the DISHWASHER!!! :spudniksc
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier of Misfortune
    I was floored with dumbfoundedness at work tonite. I was talkin to another dude in the back room of the kitchen, separating 400lbs of chicken quarters I wish I could eat, when one of the dishwashers comes back and said, "Why are you drinking all those protien shakes? Dont you know that all fat turns to muscle when you work out?" It was at this point when the bullet train in my mind derailed into a nuclear plant. Why the HELL would you think something like this? I told him he was absolutly wrong and that is like turning lead into gold. He then backed up his claim with retarded statements I cant even remember. Under this believe, everyday activity would cause all that fat to gradually turn its way into muscle. I tried talking sense into him but he still believed himself. I think Im done ranting for now.
    The gym is my church as my dumbell is my pillow!!!

decadbal is offline Banned
    hahahahaha so many fatppl are just days away from the big O

Thread Information