Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer

Cool Wife left him - and took 82k!

Just found out that someone I worked with got taken by his wife...

He married this girl from Nigeria - he met her while living in Texas. Since he has done a few overseas contracts off and on while she lived back in Texas. While working overseas he managed to save up 82,000 bucks in his state-side account...

Well, he just got word from his wife that she was going back to Nigeria today. His bank account went from +82k down to -400...

The tricky thing is - she broke no laws in Texas. I don't know exactly how he can get his money back... some how he has to get her back into Texas jurisdiction to divorce her and may be get half back...

This guy got played

co2boi is offline Anabolic Member
    What's the old saying about all eggs being in one basket? Dumbass...

Maraxus is offline Banned
    He better go to Nigeria and drive a freaking spear in her ass.

mass junkie is offline banned
    awwww man that sucks....that would make me consider womanslaghter for real

Quote Originally Posted by co2boi
    What's the old saying about all eggs being in one basket? Dumbass...
    No sh!t - he should have sluffed some of it away - or frickin' taken out some investments with the majority of it... not just let it sit in a bank account. He was sending her blank checks with his signature when she needed money - well the last amount she filled out was for 82k...

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Now that sucks ASS! ****, I feel for the guy. I hope he finds a way to get his cash back but I doubt it.

let that be a lesson to you other bros....marry an american...at least then you can track her down when she runs off. hahahahaha

palme is offline Rosie Member
    What a ****ty thing to do...he cant force her back to texas, his screwed. Learn from this and never marry!

Quote Originally Posted by Maraxus
    He better go to Nigeria and drive a freaking spear in her ass.
    Would you go there though? He ain't that big of a guy (one of those 170lbs ILS cases) and might get stuck in the wrong neighborhood trying to hunt her down. And now that she is a rich Nigerian - what stops her from telling some dude, "I'll give you a thousand USD to go whack my husband... he is sleeping down at the Sheraton."

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    For one of the few times in my life I am speechless. Other than I agree with everyone elses posts.

mass junkie is offline banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    Would you go there though? He ain't that big of a guy (one of those 170lbs ILS cases) and might get stuck in the wrong neighborhood trying to hunt her down. And now that she is a rich Nigerian - what stops her from telling some dude, "I'll give you a thousand USD to go whack my ex-husband... he is sleeping down at the Sheraton."
    Id go...you're talking about 80+ thousand dollars Revenge will power most people to do anything

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    thats sucks, oh well what i am thinking now was she planning this all along or was it a case of impulse
    Last edited by Spoon; 07-15-2004 at 07:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    Id go...you're talking about 80+ thousand dollars Revenge will power most people to do anything
    The f'ed up thing is if he were to get killed (I bet she could easily find someone out there) trying to find her - she might possibly settle for some life insurance from her then, dead husband...

Nigerian e-mails all the time. It is so corrupt over there I'm sure if he paid someone enough he would get his money back or some justice (if you know what I mean) by justice.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Nigeria is a bad place for an American.....If I were him...and as much as it would drive me insane...I'd have to forget about it. Can't make anymore money if you're dead. Know what I mean?

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by palme
    Learn from this and never marry!
    Advice that all of us should take.

nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    wow thats a horrible story

FCECC2 is offline Anabolic Member
    theres is no way he couldnt predict that move.... i dont understand how people are so blindly in love with that kind of person, it most surely affect there jugemnt badly. **** i feel bad for him. im so glad that im a heartless mofo things like that wont happen

SonGoku is offline Associate Member
    Would never hook up with a chick from a 3rd world country on a permanent basis. You'll never know what their real motive is until it's too late.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    It's a shame but I don't think there's a thing he can do. He gave her a blank check with his signature........ Stupid thing to do...... that's like saying take what you want.

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Thank god in Florida there is a no pre-martial asset law....

OG

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by SonGoku
    Would never hook up with a chick from a 3rd world country on a permanent basis. You'll never know what their real motive is until it's too late.
    Nor a 2nd or 1st world country, f*ck that.

I'd have a special "estrogen account".........just enough spending money for her, while I hoard my stash in my own private money market account.

DUMB IDIOT!

~SC~

somewhatdamaged is offline New Member
    Ok, so she went in and cashed a check for 82k dollars. I think I would go verify with the bank first that she actually got cash and not a cashiers check or something. If she did get a cashiers check I would try to get a stop payment put on it right away.

I would also think that it would throw up some kind of red flag at the bank if someone went in and asked for 82k in cash, since you usually don't carry that much money around ever. If you were transfering money to another account you would either do it electronically or get a check. Carrying that much money around would just be stupid.

I agree also he should of had in invested somewhere besides a bank account.

allsaucedup is offline Member
    Biatch has to die u cant let somone do that to you

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    I had the same thing happen to me in college. I'm lucky I didn't have that much money in the bank cause I was a poor ass college student. Always have separate accounts. Keep a joint account for bills and spending money ONLY.

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    ****... I'd hunt that bitch down and ring her neck!

badbart is offline New Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    I had the same thing happen to me in college. I'm lucky I didn't have that much money in the bank cause I was a poor ass college student. Always have separate accounts. Keep a joint account for bills and spending money ONLY.
    I’m marrying a Colombian and we will have a small joint account and that’s all she can have access too. I would never trust any woman with a large amount of my cash.

FCECC2 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ripped4fsu
    ****... I'd hunt that bitch down and ring her neck!
    mannn ill do it for 1000 buks!!! theres is no way i let anyone i know steal my pennies!!!! too much hard work to let a biatch stole it

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    No sh!t - he should have sluffed some of it away - or frickin' taken out some investments with the majority of it... not just let it sit in a bank account. He was sending her blank checks with his signature when she needed money - well the last amount she filled out was for 82k...
    how did she cash a 82k check? I know that banks require a certified bank check from the account holder to cash such large amounts. either that or it has to be wire transfered to the proceeding bank. Not unless she just took the money on her own account and transfered it herself from one bank to the other. Thats if they shared a joint account.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

SV-1 is offline Respected Member
    I soooooooo feel for this guy. When I got divorced (Community property state) the bitch got EVERYTHING, and I ended up having to file bankruptcy.

Women SUCK!

Quote Originally Posted by somewhatdamaged
    Ok, so she went in and cashed a check for 82k dollars. I think I would go verify with the bank first that she actually got cash and not a cashiers check or something. If she did get a cashiers check I would try to get a stop payment put on it right away.

I would also think that it would throw up some kind of red flag at the bank if someone went in and asked for 82k in cash, since you usually don't carry that much money around ever. If you were transfering money to another account you would either do it electronically or get a check. Carrying that much money around would just be stupid.

I agree also he should of had in invested somewhere besides a bank account.
    Thats what I said, as a bank manager how would you let that large of a customer close an account with her husbands endorsed check... wouldn't it look fishy enough to want to contact the husband for a simple verification. She probably said he was working in the Middle East and uncontactable at his location. And she was told to drain the account and meet up with him... I don't know the specifics yet... just that he heard [from his wife I think] that she is back in Nigeria and his account, as of today, is -$400...

co2boi is offline Anabolic Member
    yeah, abstack is right. You can't clean out a joint account without 2 signatures. Not at any Bank worth having that much money in.

Also, I don't know what the USD / Nigerian conversion rate is, but I imagine it's pretty **** high and she would therefore stick out like a sore thumb in a primarily impovershed community. Find da bitch, find ya money, kill da ho

Quote Originally Posted by SV-1
    I soooooooo feel for this guy. When I got divorced (Community property state) the bitch got EVERYTHING, and I ended up having to file bankruptcy.

Women SUCK!
    In my divorce a few years ago we divided up debts - not assets!

When I got divorced years ago I got all the debts , child support, my clothes and a hideabed couch. Had to file bankruptcy too, live in my friends unfinished basement for 6 mos. on that f*cking couch. My ex is still a biatch and I don't regret it at the least. (I left her for an 18 yr old stripper!)

OK - I just got off the phone with a buddy of mine who had talked to this tool earlier... apparently he was woken up this morning with a call from the states - his wife. She said she got the blank check and was going to use it to go back to Africa. When he got off the phone with her, he called his folks. They checked his account for him and found that she had taken everything but $30... around 82k gone. It went to about -400 when his car payment cleared this morning as well...

So, she went into the bank, cashed the blank check for around 82k and then hopped on the next flight back into Nigeria...

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    I would hire a mercenary to get the money back. Getting what she hasn't yet spent minus a big finders fee is better than nothing IMO.

jbigdog69 is offline Banned
    The Money is gone...time for blood!!! Two options...my personal bitch for the rest of her life or a trip to the lion's cage at the zoo. lol

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    NIGERIAN!, HA write the money off. As ANY European will tell you, Nigerians are EXPERT FRUADSTERS. I'm sure Palme can back me on this one. We're having HUGE problems with them here in Europe. As far as your friend going to Nigeria, he'll be in the stewing pot before sundown, their animals.

He's made a lucky escape, I just hope he gets some blood work done PQD before entering into another relationship, they've caused the AIDS problem in Ireland to soar over 400%. Believe me, if he's not infected and only losing 80 add grand he's a lucky sucker.

Oh yea, Ireland had irradicated TB in the late 50's, they've brought in back in.

Sta11ion is offline Member
    He Can Track The Money, It Had To Be Transfered To Another Account. In Nigeria The Man Owns Everything, The Women Are Just Slaves. He Should Talk To The Embassy. If He Is Married Legtimatly He Owns Everything. But He Has To Hussle.

Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    NIGERIAN!, HA write the money off. As ANY European will tell you, Nigerians are EXPERT FRUADSTERS. I'm sure Palme can back me on this one. We're having HUGE problems with them here in Europe. As far as your friend going to Nigeria, he'll be in the stewing pot before sundown, their animals.

He's made a lucky escape, I just hope he gets some blood work done PQD before entering into another relationship, they've caused the AIDS problem in Ireland to soar over 400%. Believe me, if he's not infected and only losing 80 add grand he's a lucky sucker.

Oh yea, Ireland had irradicated TB in the late 50's, they've brought in back in.
    Wow... I'll pass this info on for sure. But he would have had to pass major blood tests before getting work in the Middle East (where he is now - hasn't seen the wife in several months)... but sh!t - it can take a few years before you even pop up HIV positive... as far as I know. I'll pass this info on though...

I think he has pretty much written the money off - but now he just needs to figure out how to divorce the beeeach. He works a different shift than me - but I might bump into him tomorrow...

Quote Originally Posted by Sta11ion
    He Can Track The Money, It Had To Be Transfered To Another Account. In Nigeria The Man Owns Everything, The Women Are Just Slaves. He Should Talk To The Embassy. If He Is Married Legtimatly He Owns Everything. But He Has To Hussle.
    Yeah - he should call the American Embassy out there and try and get her detained...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information