Musa is offline Associate Member

Unhappy I need a legal advice !!!car accident

Hi , I got in a car accident, and got hurt ( my lower back). I am going to the doctor , I did an MIR and my disks are fine , he said it is just the muscles...
    Anyways I need advice on the bodily injury ( the accident was not my fault).
    Please somebody help me , how to get some money for the pain and suffering and all that....Will it be hard , BC is not a visual injury ????

Thanks

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    No matter what always say you are in pain. No matter what the tests say, no matter what the docs say, you are in pain. Don't get far fetched with it. Find a location on your back or neck and stick to it. Also headaches never hurt the cause either. Dont go overboard with mental anguish or anything like that. Just physical pain.

aussiejuicer is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lozgod
    No matter what always say you are in pain. No matter what the tests say, no matter what the docs say, you are in pain. Don't get far fetched with it. Find a location on your back or neck and stick to it. Also headaches never hurt the cause either. Dont go overboard with mental anguish or anything like that. Just physical pain.
    i agree with this. There is no way they can find out your not in pain. I'm doing this with a shoulder injury i got from playing rugby. Hope you don't stay in pain though.

LM1332 Guest
    hehe man i love this. It happend to me and i paid off my bashed destroyd loaned car

Danielle is offline Female Member
    it will take very long before you see see some decent cash................i was in a 5 car pile-up (keep in mind i was in the 1st car) almost 3 years ago...........have 2 slipped discs in my neck and went to physcial therpy for over 6 months........and i still have no seen anything...........unless you have some type of visable permanent damage......the insurance companies will take FOREVER to pay out.....if ever
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

bmf2 is offline Elite Female - AR-Hall of Famer
    All medical bills and expenses for your car should be taken care of... then generally 3 x the medical expense for pain and suffering is standard... note I said standard...

EastCoaster is offline Banned
    Open up your phone book... call a few personal injury lawyers in your area. I'm sure you'll have several interested attornies to choose from.

LoadeD_PistoL is offline Associate Member
    always go above $2,500 in pip

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by LoadeD_PistoL
    always go above $2,500 in pip

Yeah that is what is in my state to $2,500. When will they offer me any money???????????? Won't they try to give me a settlement right away???

Quote Originally Posted by Musa
    Yeah that is what is in my state to $2,500. When will they offer me any money???????????? Won't they try to give me a settlement right away???
    Dont go too high over your PIP then that money will come out of your settlement. Dont get those expensive tests and stuff like that. Medical bills will dog your award.

Won't they try to give me a settlement right away???
    It takes an average of 3 - 5 years to settle a case, what they offer you initially on top of fixing your car and medical bills is chump change.

It takes an average of 3 - 5 years to settle a case, what they offer you initially on top of fixing your car and medical bills is chump change.
    3-5 years, **** that is a long ass time, So you think I should go little over 2500 ???

3-5 years, **** that is a long ass time, So you think I should go little over 2500 ???
    Do what you got to do, but dont think going to 20 doctors and getting state of the art tests is to your benefit because its not. Keep it simple. Doctors visits and physical therapy. Never miss appointments and never get better.

Do what you got to do, but dont think going to 20 doctors and getting state of the art tests is to your benefit because its not. Keep it simple. Doctors visits and physical therapy. Never miss appointments and never get better.
    How do you know this , do you have any experience in this???

Thanks

How do you know this , do you have any experience in this???

Thanks
    3 times

worldknown is offline Banned
    tell them you are having lucid dreams everynight of the guy hitting yuo with his car and you wake up in cold shivers AHHAHA

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    3 times

dude your evil.. your like a big brother i never had.. ::sniff sniff::

3 times
    And each time it took you 3-5 years??????

EastCoaster is offline Banned
    My area of interest is criminal law, but I'll give my 2 cents.

It depends on where you live and what your states laws are. Here is how it works in the state I'm studying law...

In a personal injury case, you (being the victom and prosecuting lawyers) have two years before you have to formerly press charges. After two years, the matter is considered old and over (for lack of better terms).

Neither side particularly wants to take matters like this to court becasue its time consuming and costly. Not to mention, both sides fear the chance of losing the case and being held accountable for costs and fees.

So here is what would happen if you were in the state I'm in. Your lawyers would contact their lawyers in hopes of coming to a mutual settlement. Their lawyers and insurance company will try and give you a million reasons why they are not accoutable. They know that you have two years before you have to take them to court, so they will push you around and avoid you as much as possible hoping that you and your lawyers will just drop the case sometime between then. When the two years come around and they know that they are close to getting summoned to court, thats when they will start talking about a settlement.

Hope that was understandable.

Like I said.... contact a lawyer, I'm sure you'll find somebody who will love to have this case and they will fill you in on all your states laws.

decadbal is offline Banned
    get a lawyer...back problems still baffle medical groups to date... so get a lawyer and sue..

Thread Information