Prime is offline Naturally perfect

Gym Guru's and gym theifs!

Ok guys this is another thread devoted to venting frustrations at the gym. I dont want to see any in your replies .
    When i joined my gym i thought it looked ok, it wasnt too big, wasnt too small, it had sufficient equipment and was REALLY cheap. Well since the holidays, my views have changed somewhat! For a start there is either one or many moraly corrupt wankers at my gym. I have only been there like 6 week and i have already had my dipping belt nicked! I foolishly left it in the gym one evening by mistake. I really diddnt expect anyone to nick it! and thats not all. In the last few months, everything from cable attatchments, to plates have been stolen, which really pisses me off! Instead of spending what little funds the gym has on more gear they are having to replace the old stolen stuff
    I was trying to concentrate on a set of dumbell rows and some twat next to me is chatting on his phone as if he's sitting in a pub. Yelling, laughing etc. Im not an agressive person but if i was id have told him to shut the **** up!
    On a more comical note, one of the older trainers who wears a belt for everything from sumo squats to tricep kickbacks was dishing out some advice to a tall skinny guy doing benchpress. In the older guys defence, the skinny guy had asked. But i almost laughed out loud as i overheard the conversation.
    Skinny guy: Whats the best number of reps to tone up? I wanna get a bit of muscle but not too much
    Old guy: Pyramid up from about 60 kg to your max at 90 then down again
    (i tried to figure out how many sets he was advocating, must have been 6-7 )
    Skinny guy: Yeah ok, but i dont want to lose my manouverability, i still want to be able to move properly and not get too bulky, what do you reckon?
    Old guy: Youll be ok.
    Now i have nothing against this old guy, he's the only person i have ever even seen doing sumo's, admittedly his form was horrible. But i sat there thinking, jesus christ some of the ****ty advice thats handed out in this gym!
    Then in walked the largest woman i have ever seen! Must have been a hammer thrower, i estimated her arms at about 17" calves about the same! I have seen some hammer throwers before, i watched two of britians olympic hopefuls doing cleans and those girls were big, but this girl was younger and bigger! Anyway back to my main point. There are alot of tosser in my gym ruining it for the rest.
    Someone even stole the allen key used for tightening up the dumbells. If i had caught the guy doing that and they had been smaller then me and i figured i could kick their ass then i would have totally had a firm word

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Change your gym

There have been some thieves in my gym as well, but... they're everywhere...

Maraxus is offline Banned
    Is nicking the same as being blagged?

decadbal is offline Banned
    we have a old pro wrestler in mine, who walks around with his arms out like 2 feet from his sides...all the time and is constanltly tryin to compare hisellf to me..

Quote Originally Posted by Maraxus
    Is nicking the same as being blagged?
    nicking=stealing

Maraxus is offline Banned
    Speak english then, you guys freaking invented the language, so speak it!!

BTW get a new gym bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    we have a old pro wrestler in mine, who walks around with his arms out like 2 feet from his sides...all the time and is constanltly tryin to compare hisellf to me..
    is he bald on top with longish blonde hair round the sides and a bleached beard

Quote Originally Posted by Maraxus
    Speak english then, you guys freaking invented the language, so speak it!!

BTW get a new gym bro.
    unfortunatley its the best gym in the area. Am i am speaking the queens english me old china

Sierra_Breeze is offline Female Member
    sorry to hear it, I hate theives!!

Phillyboy1 is offline Anabolic Member
    get a new gym bro, i leave all my stuff against a poll when i get into the gym. i mean everything. my cell phone, my wallet, wraps, my hoodie when i get hot, and my water. and no one touches it. i mean most of the people at my gym all know each other but still nothing gets stolen. i think it could be cause most people in my gym know im the "Pissed off guy" so i guess they dont wanna upset me even more and steal.

onlything ive ever had happen was someone took my phone to the front cause they thought i left it there

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    sheesh, no problems like that here....4am is too early for theives to be awake and everybody else in the gym is still half asleep...VERY little conversation

the get a new gym angle is a little bit of a problem, as this is the only gym with space to do deads, bent over rows etc, while still having a cage, incline bench calve raise etc. The only other local gyms that are any good, have no clave machine and no incline bench/ or a squat rack with saftey rails so low a midget would still be in trouble should they not make the rep, no incline bench, a free weights area the size of my living room!

Quote Originally Posted by Prime
    the get a new gym angle is a little bit of a problem, as this is the only gym with space to do deads, bent over rows etc, while still having a cage, incline bench calve raise etc. The only other local gyms that are any good, have no clave machine and no incline bench/ or a squat rack with saftey rails so low a midget would still be in trouble should they not make the rep, no incline bench, a free weights area the size of my living room!
    you use a rack for deads? and the rest of the stuff you dont need a rack for, just have a spotter. well a rack is good for squats but other then that, a rack isnt needed

Quote Originally Posted by jcstomper
    you use a rack for deads? and the rest of the stuff you dont need a rack for, just have a spotter. well a rack is good for squats but other then that, a rack isnt needed
    i dont use a rack for deads, but i do need an incline bench do do incline benchpress, and a calve raise machine to do calves, doing them on the lame 175kg Max leg press in the other two gyms doesnt do ****! Plus there are never any available spotters of any quality. I used to have to grab middle aged women (no lie) and ask them to spot me as there was no one else to ask (this is when i was training in one of teh other gyms). They always started ****ting their pants when i began to struggle while benching, the only good thing was that they literally coulnd t lift alot of weight off for me so i had to work really hard . As for my original deads and bentover row point, there literally isnt enough room in the free weights area to take a bar from either the squat rack or benchpress and use it on the floor. Im talking a floor space of 3 metres by 6-7 metres with two adjustable benches, a smith machine, a squat rach, a bench press and a pyramid stck of teeny barbells.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime
    i dont use a rack for deads, but i do need an incline bench do do incline benchpress, and a calve raise machine to do calves, doing them on the lame 175kg Max leg press in the other two gyms doesnt do ****! Plus there are never any available spotters of any quality. I used to have to grab middle aged women (no lie) and ask them to spot me as there was no one else to ask (this is when i was training in one of teh other gyms). They always started ****ting their pants when i began to struggle while benching, the only good thing was that they literally coulnd t lift alot of weight off for me so i had to work really hard . As for my original deads and bentover row point, there literally isnt enough room in the free weights area to take a bar from either the squat rack or benchpress and use it on the floor. Im talking a floor space of 3 metres by 6-7 metres with two adjustable benches, a smith machine, a squat rach, a bench press and a pyramid stck of teeny barbells.
    **** i hear ya, ok, sh-t then i think your just f-cked, proper f-cked lol

Quote Originally Posted by jcstomper
    **** i hear ya, ok, sh-t then i think your just f-cked, proper f-cked lol
    Naw im ok, i just dont take anything of any financial value to the gym anymore. Once i replace my deceaced minidisc player with an i-pod i wont have to hear these people anymore and i can forget they exist. If only i was bigger then that bird everything would be gravy

Thread Information