Thread: urination

birddog is offline Junior Member

urination

I was on this site last nite about 4:00am eastern (New York time) and there were a lot of questions about urination and how much one should be urinating. the person that asked the question was drinking 3-4 gallons a day and I thought that was excessive.

anyway I thought I would give some advice to those of you that have to wake up 3 times a night to take a razz. there is a drug called amitryptaline (Elavil) that inhibits your bladder reflex and has an excellent sedation component to it, and is an antidepressant. We prescribe it to old farts that have an incontinent bladder and it stops them from pissing their pants. It is a TCA (tricyclic antidepressant) and does have some drug interactions with other meds so do your research. But it is most certainly applicable to many situations that I have read about here on the boards.

just thought I would post this to help people out.

birddog physician

HeartDocMD is offline AR Medical Advisor
    Honestly, I would NOT recommend this to anyone on this board...I really don't mean to step on anyones toes however, I see absolutely no reason for anyone to be taking an anti-depressant. Drinking a lot of water will cause a need to urinate, its something that can be dealt with w/o the presciption of a med whose side-effects are almost neverending. In my opinion these meds are too widely and readily prescribed, and I really don't feel there is such a need.

On top of this, this med is very very harsh on the liver...and especially on a board where most of its members are on anabolics...which is already realatively harsh on the liver, I see no reason to take a med which adds to this....

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    People here use enough drugs. We don't need anymore!

SV-1 is offline Respected Member
    No offense birddog, but this combined with your lab post has me somewhat worried. You said it was dangerous to use oil that was filtered with a whatman, that additives were ok, and that all you had to do to make it safe was heat it. Lets just say that it's unsettling to say the least to be hearing these things from a physician.

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SV-1
    Lets just say that it's unsettling to say the least to be hearing these things from a physician.
    I agree.

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!! Take an anti-depressant if you think you aren't peeing enough..... What pharmaceutical company do you work for?

birddog is offline Junior Member
    No offense birddog, but this combined with your lab post has me somewhat worried. You said it was dangerous to use oil that was filtered with a whatman, that additives were ok, and that all you had to do to make it safe was heat it. Lets just say that it's unsettling to say the least to be hearing these things from a physician.
    I never said that filtering was bad. I said that bacteria is bad. and never said that additives were ok either. I was simply trying to imply that the issue of additives was of minimal importance to bacterial contamination.

yeah this drug is harsh on the liver and that is my bad and oversight. I also said to do your research. Lozgod you take these if your peeing too much which was the complaint of some of the people on the board the other night. I whole heartedly do agree that this issue can be solved without drugs as does the good doctor that brought the liver oversight to my attention.

sorry for the oversight

SV-1 is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by birddog
    I never said that filtering was bad. I said that bacteria is bad. and never said that additives were ok either. I was simply trying to imply that the issue of additives was of minimal importance to bacterial contamination.
    I stand by what I said, based on what YOU said.

http://forums.anabolicreview.com/sho...d.php?t=113000

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    I stand by what I said, based on what YOU said.

http://forums.anabolicreview.com/sho...d.php?t=113000
    Looks like he said what you said he said.

Mart651 is offline The Redneck Queen of the Lounge
    Quote Originally Posted by Lozgod
    Looks like he said what you said he said.

What did he say? Did he say what he said he said he said he said? I think he said that.

bor
    bor is offline D-bol Poppin'
    He was just trying to be helpfull....

Mart651 is offline The Redneck Queen of the Lounge
    Quote Originally Posted by bor
    He was just trying to be helpfull....

Thats the problem. People trying to be helpful and not knowing what they are suggesting. I don't like people helping me out with things that hurt me. I can do that fine on my own.

decadbal is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mart651
    Thats the problem. People trying to be helpful and not knowing what they are suggesting. I don't like people helping me out with things that hurt me. I can do that fine on my own.
    u mean like stickin a fork in your eye...

Thread Information