Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer

Dangers of low blood pressure

Wasnt sure if I where suposed to pos this in here or steroid forum, but I decided to post on this forum.
    If any doc or other knowelegable member could respond to this I would be very gratefull.

I naturaly have low blood pressure, its the same with my sister. My dad on the other hand has very high blood pressure and the same with my half sisters(same dad different mom). So it seems like heart problems runs in the family.

I never realy considered if low blood pressure is dangerous. But for some reason I have gotten a bit paranoid lately. Today I messured my blood pressure twice(with one of those wrist automated blood pressure things) and first I got it to 107/53 and the second time to 106/45. usualy my blood pressure is around 115-120/55-60 but when I get on cycle I usualy get lower blood pressure. But today is the lowest blood pressure I have ever messured on myself. I also easily get numb legs and arms nowdays(begun last week) and I get pretty dizzy sometimes when doing exercises like squat. Especialy during warmup sets.

The cycle I am running is
    anadrol 100mg/day
    test 500mg/week
    deca 400mg/week
    and Im on my 8th day of the cycle. I have also gained around 10 pounds in the last week. All of those things should make my blood pressure go up but instead it has gone down

Is this dangerous in any way?
    Can low blood pressure be a sign of any kind of heart problems I might have without knowing it?

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    Is this dangerous in any way?
    Can low blood pressure be a sign of any kind of heart problems I might have without knowing it?
    Actually it depends where you live. In the USA and Canada low blood pressure is considered a sign of good cardiovascular health, however in Germany low blood pressure is a treated disease. However heres the kicker. It isnt sickly until it is lower than 90/50. So you are considered healthy in both regions.

HeartDocMD is offline AR Medical Advisor
    Let me ask you a few questions...

1) Lie down...and then go to a seated position rapidly...do you feel dizzy, faint?
    2) How old are you?
    3) Have you been otherwise healthy with this relaltively low BP...honestly your systolic (top number) is beautiful it seems though that your diastolic (bottom number) is relatively low.

I have a philosophy...if its not broken don't fix it. By this I mean if you are 30 and have led a healthy life with this bp...I see no reason why you should be alarmed. However, if you seem to get dizzy often...have fainting spells, or other such problems you might want to have a quick diagnostic run at your local cardiologist.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartDocMD
    Let me ask you a few questions...

1) Lie down...and then go to a seated position rapidly...do you feel dizzy, faint?
    2) How old are you?
    3) Have you been otherwise healthy with this relaltively low BP...honestly your systolic (top number) is beautiful it seems though that your diastolic (bottom number) is relatively low.

I have a philosophy...if its not broken don't fix it. By this I mean if you are 30 and have led a healthy life with this bp...I see no reason why you should be alarmed. However, if you seem to get dizzy often...have fainting spells, or other such problems you might want to have a quick diagnostic run at your local cardiologist.
    1. I get dizzy when doing that if I am carb depleted, then I can get so dizzy that I have to lean against a wall for a few seconds because my vision gets all black. Also happens sometimes after heavy deadlifts or squats. But I guess that is a usual.

2. Im 19

3. Never had any problems that I can think of, almost never have any health problems at all. Almost never sic, never headaches(maby twice a year or so) ect. Its just that everyone else in my family is suffering from health problems and Im pessemistic and just waiting to se what crap I will get

thanks for the responses bro's. I guess Il stopp worry about it and continue to regular check bp.

SV-1 is offline Respected Member
    I wish I had a problem with low blood pressure.

Mine is the exact opposite, sky high.

HeartDocMD is offline AR Medical Advisor
    I hate giving such advice over the internet, as really the only way to truly be safe is to go to a doctor in person. However, it seems to me you are otherwise a healthy individual. If you notice the dizzyness/blacking out spells or any of those symptoms you mentioned progressing (ie getting worse) 100% you sure be getting in contact with a cardiologist. As for now, its not a rush, but you might consider going down to the doc. at your convenience.

decadbal is offline Banned
    wow bro, hope everythin works out for ya...good luck

Quote Originally Posted by HeartDocMD
    I hate giving such advice over the internet, as really the only way to truly be safe is to go to a doctor in person. However, it seems to me you are otherwise a healthy individual. If you notice the dizzyness/blacking out spells or any of those symptoms you mentioned progressing (ie getting worse) 100% you sure be getting in contact with a cardiologist. As for now, its not a rush, but you might consider going down to the doc. at your convenience.
    Sounds like a good idea. Thats what Im gonna do.

Thanks again for the replys bro's

Thread Information