arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member

Chiropractos vs Physical Therapists

My girl is a physical therapist assistant and can work wonders on me when my back/neck (well just about anything) hurts. She tells me not to see a chiropractor becasue they focus only on bones and not muscles and nerves. Others at my gym swear by their chiropractor. What do you guys think...

Maraxus is offline Banned
    I go to a chiropractor, and a massage therapist, sometimes i get a happy ending.

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    My chiropractor focuses on nerves then bones then muscles...healed up stuff i've struggled with for years! He's also big into the gym so he's really helped me there too.

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    Nothibng fixes our type injuries better than a chiropractor. If you get a dent in your car you got to a body man, not a transmission mechanic. To say they only focus on bones is incorect, althogh it will depend on the chiropractor, to how goo they are. My chiropractor was a powerlifter for years, he knows how to treat out type injuries or alments(sp). He doesnt even make any cracking noises when he works on me, very new stuff he does. I like a good massage now and then because it is so good for you,but muscle spasm's and kinks in the neck or whatever is a sign of misalignment. The muscle spasms because it is splinting an injury, all the muscle relaxers in the world will not put bones back to where they belong, that is why so many people have arthritis and degenerative joint problems, they never actually fixed the problem just the body adjust to the injury

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    Good info... thanks guys.

CutMeUp is offline Associate Member
    You should def get adjusted once a month by the chiro, and although the dont typically work on your muscles, other than electro stuff to losen you up, any chiropractor who is worth a darn knows very well how it all fits together for a healthy body.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    IMO chiros are great and definetely have a place in maintaining structral health. However, I would advise people not to have their neck and upper cervical spine manipulated.

dirtdawg is offline Anabolic Member
    i broke 2 vertebraes in high school, and i have no cartilage between 2 of my vertebrae, the only thing that works for me is a chiropractor, physical therapists did nothing for me

decadbal is offline Banned
    all about the chiro... fixed my back like a dream.

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    apples and oranges IMO.

Myosin is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaSlamma
    apples and oranges IMO.
    I agree. I'm phys. th. and chiropractor. I combine both therapies when working on my athletes. But I don't advice regular, chronic chiropratctic manipulations - your small ligaments, especially the ligaments of facete joins in a vertebrae, may get too stretched = unstable vertebra.

The ultimate cross-bridge

Thread Information