Thread: Injury

Tryin2getHUGE is offline Senior Member

Question Injury

Hey guys, I got a question for ya. I hurt my shoulder about 2 weeks ago lifting. Its been sore for a while now, and I have rotated my schedule to try to keep away from it. I know it just needs time, but I want to know what I can do to sort of expedite the process. I have been getting it rubbed with tiger balm regularly and trying to rest it. Problem being that almost everything involves some sort of shoulder work. I am curious if I should take off a bit, to let it heal completely, or do lite shoulder work on shoulder days and regular work on other days until it becomes bothersome. Thanks

~JM~

what kind of injury?can you describe it in detail other than the soreness?

my spotter got taken out of the game a few months back with a tore rotator cuff so watch out man.

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    It depends on what your injury is. If you don't know, go to a sports medicine clinic and find out for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by itsallmental
    what kind of injury?can you describe it in detail other than the soreness?

my spotter got taken out of the game a few months back with a tore rotator cuff so watch out man.
    It feels like a rotator cuff, but I am no doctor. Like when I do bench its ok, sort of. But then when I do decline bench it hurts more, then incline is ok. But incline flies are impossible because of the pain. Its like painful in the front of my shoulder, as well as on the top. But like an "inside the bone" type of pain, not a muscle pain. Like you know when you put your arm straight up, where the dimple in my shoulder is, where the bone is, is where the pain is.

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    Go see a doctor, dude.

Quote Originally Posted by bad_man
    Go see a doctor, dude.
    Thats the LAST thing I want to do, but it may come to that

Benches505 is offline 75% HGH 25% Testosterone
    Going to the doctor sucks..that I agree with but you still need to go to make sure you are not making the situation worse by continuing to work out.

helios is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryin2getHUGE
    It feels like a rotator cuff, but I am no doctor.Like you know when you put your arm straight up, where the dimple in my shoulder is, where the bone is, is where the pain is.
    I had the same problem a couple months back. I would raise my hands as high possible and where the dimple was I had excruciating pain. What happened was my shoulder gave out during an incline press, and thats all she wrote.

Went to the doc and he told me it was a rotator cuff injury....all he did was give me some naproxins and told me to lay off it until it feels better. took me like a full month to recover. So seriously rest off of it until it feels normal again, and remember that takes some time.

Quote Originally Posted by helios
    I had the same problem a couple months back. I would raise my hands as high possible and where the dimple was I had excruciating pain. What happened was my shoulder gave out during an incline press, and thats all she wrote.

Went to the doc and he told me it was a rotator cuff injury....all he did was give me some naproxins and told me to lay off it until it feels better. took me like a full month to recover. So seriously rest off of it until it feels normal again, and remember that takes some time.
    Thanks bro.........

Thread Information