Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    johnsomebody is offline Senior Member
    Hey BigGreen, it's been more than a week and we're wondering what did you decide to do?

TheChosenOne is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsomebody
    Hey BigGreen, it's been more than a week and we're wondering what did you decide to do?
    I think his Bday is this weekend so I doubt he will be on in the next couple days

Devil Dog74 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbigdog69
    Overcome...Adapt.....and Conquer my friend. Peace
    Exactly, use what u still got. Never Give up!

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne
    I think his Bday is this weekend so I doubt he will be on in the next couple days
    Yes it was the bday weekend and that had a lot to do with my being gone then...not sure what exactly contributed to the few weeks after that though. Anyway, thought I'd offer an update for two fitting reasons: 1. I've been pleasantly shocked at how much people you've never even met can actually genuinely give a **** about you (i mean, PMs and IMs just asking how I was doing were something I never expected) and 2. today brought with it a development that put things in perspective i guess.

At any rate, it's been about a month now and her and I have still not seen one another, though we talk pretty much every night. We still end every conversation we have, whether it be ten seconds or two hours with "I love you and miss you"...something that's becoming more confusing now than anything else. We were, however, supposed to meet up today and do the waterfire in providence (for those who have not been, it's simply one of the most romantic things you can do...waterfire.com to check it out) and then spend some time talking. And, if you can believe how sappy this is of me, we have this meal that we make (or 'made' i guess is the more appropriate word) every time we decide to spend a night in and it's become our 'trademark' meal like some people have a trademark song....and I actually cooked it up this morning so we could have that for lunch before heading to waterfire. I got up at 6:45 on a saturday so i could make the supermarket in time to get al the stuff and have it ready and chilled and all that by the time i left.

Well, since I'm here posting, obviously i didn't go . Apparently, we're waiting until Tuesday to hang out. Why? Well, in something I *never* saw coming, her mother believes that the email i sent her (the one you can read in my second post on this thread) was WAY out of line and, in addition to her being irrate that her daughter is even thinking of seeing someone again who could do such a thing, it's pretty much been guaranteed that our crossing paths will result in her mom engaging me in 'unpleasantries'. Now, i don't have children, so I don't know, can't even begin to comprehend, but I can't believe that a parent would feel anything less than (at least) pleased that someone could care about their child so much as to put themselves out there like that. But I'm finding there's a whole lot i don't understand.

So, here I am about to enter law school and begin my 'real life', and the person i care about the most in this world is someone that I can't see until their mother leaves for a business trip on tuesday. I expected that in junior high and maybe even high school, but not at this point.

RATM is offline Senior Member
    BG,

First let me say that I am glad that you are "alive" (for lack of a better word), and that you have found direction in your life. I cannot give a point on being without the one you love as I have not experienced that. However, my daughter does not live with me and I live with that disappointment and anguish every day. As a parent, albeit a relatively new one, I dont know what my reaction would be to receive any communication regarding a problem with my child as serious as an eating disorder. On one hand, I would like to think that I would appreciate the compassion that you are showing towards my little girl. On the other, it might be as if you are meddling where you shouldnt be. That is how her mother might be feeling. Did she know that you and your girl were that close before you emailed her? How supportive was her mother the first time this happened?

At any rate, again, I am glad to see that you are moving on. Even if its not with the company you expected. Hopefully there will be a time when you can look back at all this an smile about the decisions that you made.

Good Luck with law school my friend.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGreen
    Yes it was the bday weekend and that had a lot to do with my being gone then...not sure what exactly contributed to the few weeks after that though. Anyway, thought I'd offer an update for two fitting reasons: 1. I've been pleasantly shocked at how much people you've never even met can actually genuinely give a **** about you (i mean, PMs and IMs just asking how I was doing were something I never expected) and 2. today brought with it a development that put things in perspective i guess.

At any rate, it's been about a month now and her and I have still not seen one another, though we talk pretty much every night. We still end every conversation we have, whether it be ten seconds or two hours with "I love you and miss you"...something that's becoming more confusing now than anything else. We were, however, supposed to meet up today and do the waterfire in providence (for those who have not been, it's simply one of the most romantic things you can do...waterfire.com to check it out) and then spend some time talking. And, if you can believe how sappy this is of me, we have this meal that we make (or 'made' i guess is the more appropriate word) every time we decide to spend a night in and it's become our 'trademark' meal like some people have a trademark song....and I actually cooked it up this morning so we could have that for lunch before heading to waterfire. I got up at 6:45 on a saturday so i could make the supermarket in time to get al the stuff and have it ready and chilled and all that by the time i left.

Well, since I'm here posting, obviously i didn't go . Apparently, we're waiting until Tuesday to hang out. Why? Well, in something I *never* saw coming, her mother believes that the email i sent her (the one you can read in my second post on this thread) was WAY out of line and, in addition to her being irrate that her daughter is even thinking of seeing someone again who could do such a thing, it's pretty much been guaranteed that our crossing paths will result in her mom engaging me in 'unpleasantries'. Now, i don't have children, so I don't know, can't even begin to comprehend, but I can't believe that a parent would feel anything less than (at least) pleased that someone could care about their child so much as to put themselves out there like that. But I'm finding there's a whole lot i don't understand.

So, here I am about to enter law school and begin my 'real life', and the person i care about the most in this world is someone that I can't see until their mother leaves for a business trip on tuesday. I expected that in junior high and maybe even high school, but not at this point.
    Big Green, bro it seems you've had some pretty heavy stuff thrown upon your shoulders for some time now.......good thing there so broad and can handle the weight and take solis (sp) in the fact I'm positive there's nothing you can't handle. Keep that positive outlook going and don't let it wear you down. But I wanted to comment on the girls mother: being a parent I'm quit dumbfounded with her reaction. As a parent we're always concerned our children will fall for a worthless piece of crap...you know..someone like Ron or Mass. hahaha But what you wrote was not out of line in any way at all. My God, at least it shows you are concerned and really do care for this person and want to help her in any way you can. For her mother to be pissed about that..........the woman has a screw loose or two.....don't mean to bad mouth the woman but that is totally out of line. To me it sounds like she'd rather ignore the problem than to talk openly about it. And it is high schoolish that she hasn't let go of moms apron strings......time for the girl to tell mom she's ready to lead her life as she sees fit. IMHO

decadbal is offline Banned
    just dig deep and hold one bro..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information