jbigdog69 is offline Banned

Acne Study on B-5.

Fighting Acne: Natural & Safe Vitamin B-5 (Pantothenic Acid) Alternative

A clinical study conducted on 100 patients with acne-prone skin was published in the Journal of Orthromolecular Medicine1 finding significant benefits from taking Vitamin B-5 (Pantothenic Acid) as treatment. Findings indicate that there may be a direct correlation with the amount of fat intake from foods and acne vulgaris. Though many dermatologists believe there is no direct relationship of certain foods being more likely to cause acne, most dermatologists do recommend that a healthy diet is important and for patients to observe their food intake and avoid foods that have caused breakouts in the patient's past. This study proposes that there might be a direct link with foods consumed but not in the traditional sense: oily foods cause oily skin which in turn causes acne. Instead, Dr. Lit-Hung Leung, M.D., believes acne-prone individuals may be deficient of acetyl-CoA which is important in fatty acid metabolism as an acyl carrier.
    Coenzyme-A, an important component of acetyl-CoA, is formed in the body from adenosine triphosphate, cysteine, and pantothenic acid (vitamin B-5). Pantothenic acid, unlike the other components, is a vitamin and is can only be acquired by consuming foods with B-5. Even though B-5 is available through many foods consumed daily by the average person, a deficiency is still very possible. Processed foods have decreased B-5 content and the cooking of foods can significantly decrease B-5 as well. Pantothenic acid is also known as the "stress" vitamin because stress causes the body to consume pantothenic acid at a higher rate. This, in turn, robs the body of needed pantothenic acid for fatty acid metabolism and may lead to more acne.

So how much B-5 should one take? In the study, each patient was given 10mg of B-5 throughout the day in addition to B-5 cream applied topically to the acne-prone skin. Taking 10grams may seem like a very high and unsafe amount but there is no dangers or risk of consuming high amounts of vitamin B-5. Being water soluble, Vitamin B-5 is not easily absorbed by the body so consumptions of 10g or more is considered safe.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Good read!

I've been using B5 for awhile now and I know it helps me

DADDYDBOL is offline Anabolic Member
    i started my p. acid a little over a month ago....10g ed for 7 days and 3g after ed....

seems to be helping though i was pretty clear but starting this cycle i didn't want to take any chances....

great read.....

Thread Information