Magin is offline Junior Member

Question Help with a bench needed

Buying a bench tomorrow so i can train at home more often.

Does anyone have any recommendations or views on them.

Theres 3 im deciding between and they are more or less the same but the Weider bench has a lateral tower and costs £30 more,worth it?

Other prob is with the Weider bench im not sure if i will have to buy different weights because i have the gold plastic cement filled york weights and i dont know if they will do although i know they will with the york bench.

3 Positions with full length seat.Butterfly attachment.Leg curl and thigh extension.Barbell retaining hooks.Locking collars.Exercise guide.Folds for storage.Size(H)102, (W)102, (D)162cm. Maximum user body weight 200kg/32st.Packed flat for home assembly. Approx Price: £59.99

3 position incline and padded rollers.Detachable leg curl and thigh extension.Barbell retaining hooks.Locking collars.Exercise guide.Folds for storage.Size (H)102, (W)101, (D)162cm. Maximum user body weight 200kg/32st.Packed flat for home assembly. Approx Price: £69.99

Combination barbell and dumbbell bench
    Adjustable backrest for incline, decline and horizontal positions
    Standard width barbell rack with safety locks
    Integral leg developer
    Integral butterfly
    Integral padded preacher curl
    Padded vinyl seat and backrest
    Padded leg rolls approx price £99 maybe on sale at £69

Regards,
    Marty

dirtdawg is offline Anabolic Member
    be careful with those contraptions, my dad has one, and the rack that is on the bench is to narrow, so if you take a plate off one side, it is not wide enough, and the bar will tip over, it might cost more, but buy a standard olympic bench

save up, and buy something decent that will last you throughout your days.not some piece of garbage thats gonna rust out and the cusioning will tear easy.make sure the racks are right for you, and it feels good when you lay down on it. dont buy into none of that lex extension/fly garbage they try to sell with it too

its between these 3

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    What these doods said. Save and buy a decent bench. Or go to a welding shop and ask if it's cheaper to have one made out of a cheap bench. The width is the most important thing for me. I'm 6'3" and I can't get a wide enough grip on a cheesy bar. I need the olympic standard sized bar. I probably won't ever buy home bench.

i wouldnt spend 10 bucks on any of those, even if i had a son and he was first getting into it.like i said, buy quality products. maybe someday down the road when your benchpress starts getting heavy, you dont want the support to give out on you, and all those poundages come crashing down on your head/chest.

i see these as quality they do the job,forking out a few hundred for a bench that serves the same purpose as the above 3 is pointless. I see it as paying extra money for a 10lb weight just because it looks better. Its only for the days off guys im not trying to build a state of the art home gym here.

p.s i can get an extra width stand if needed
    Last edited by Magin; 07-23-2004 at 03:34 PM.

dirtdawg is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Magin
    i see these as quality they do the job,forking out a few hundred for a bench that serves the same purpose as the above 3 is pointless. Its for days whn i cant get to the gym im not trying to build a professional gym at home.

its between these 3

i can get an extra width stand if needed
    on those things, the benches are either to high off the ground, the bench is to narrow, and the thing is flimsy, must of those are crap, they dont serve the same purpose because you can hurt yourself on crappy equipment, so if you think they are the same, just buy a regular flat bench and dumbells, but you are better off joining a gym

Thread Information