Thread: Bartenders....

monstercojones is offline The Anabolic Assassin

Bartenders....

I'll be taking a bartending class next week (40 hours) and was just wondering what some of you guys make. i'm hoping that with 3 nights a week i can make an extra $300 a week. i'm moving out to AZ in three weeks and it would also be nice if anyone in the business could give me some general advice on finding a job as a bartender.

any advice, comments, etc... are welcome.

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    damm, since you are going to be downtown on campus I would just apply at all the bars down there. Too many to list! Get a job bartending at a strip joint, yeah!!
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by abstrack
    damm, since you are going to be downtown on campus I would just apply at all the bars down there. Too many to list! Get a job bartending at a strip joint, yeah!!

****nnnnn... good idea bro. i love nekkid wimmen.

we gonna go barhopping one night?

Quote Originally Posted by monstercojones
    ****nnnnn... good idea bro. i love nekkid wimmen.

we gonna go barhopping one night?
    yup! ONE NIGHT?? heh
    abstrack@protonmail.com

ttuPrincess Guest
    I dont think you will learn much at those bartending schools.. the true "schooling" is once you find a job and get your as kicked one night

do you already have a job lined up? or are you hoping the school will help you get one?

the school is supposed to do placement... but i have a pretty impressive resume... i've had alot of different jobs and some specific skills that make getting hired a breeze. i've yet to apply for a job where i havent been offered a position.

and what makes you think i'll get my ass kicked?

ttuPrincess Guest
    cause everyone gets their ass kicked.. thats the fun part.. I love running around like a chicken with my head cut off with all the servers etc yelling at each other in the kitchen.. makes the night fun!

Quote Originally Posted by ttuPrincess
    cause everyone gets their ass kicked.. thats the fun part.. I love running around like a chicken with my head cut off with all the servers etc yelling at each other in the kitchen.. makes the night fun!

gotchaaaaaaa.... i thought you had ideas of me getting dragged over top of the bar by some gorilla looking mofo and having my arse whipped.

ttuPrincess Guest
    My personal opinion of you ( that i have gather so far) is that you will do good at bartending.. its all about being a people person.. wink at the ladies and call em sweetie and cutie, and call the guys bro and talk to them like a friend,if your to formal you wont make as much money.. just be normal casual and chill and the money will role in!

and if you have time to talk, making friends with regulars and having small talk can really pay off in the long run!

Slick Arrado is offline Member

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by ttuPrincess
    My personal opinion of you ( that i have gather so far) is that you will do good at bartending.. its all about being a people person.. wink at the ladies and call em sweetie and cutie, and call the guys bro and talk to them like a friend,if your to formal you wont make as much money.. just be normal casual and chill and the money will role in!

and if you have time to talk, making friends with regulars and having small talk can really pay off in the long run!

I'm not a bartender, but I do drink a lot so I'm qualified to say this: Flirt with the women!! Like TTUP said, call them cutie, beautiful, or anything nice/smooth and you'll make good money. Talk to the guys as though they were good friends. Remembering faces, and names if you catch them, will make someone feel special. Trust me, standing at the bar waiting for my turn and watching the bartenders work the patrons, I've learned a lot. I've also thought about becoming a bartender.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    depends on the age of the woman..

if she is 36 and you are 22......... don't call them cutie.. it's insulting..

but do be friendly...

I like women bartenders more myself.. They comp me more drinks for free..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

DADDYDBOL is offline Anabolic Member
    the real money will be at the gay bars....if you can stomach it....

ttuPrincess Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by spywizard
    depends on the age of the woman..

if she is 36 and you are 22......... don't call them cutie.. it's insulting..

but do be friendly...

I like women bartenders more myself.. They comp me more drinks for free..
    its not insulting.. most women find it flatering if younger men call them names like such.. makes them feel young again.. ( not saying 36 is old.. but you know what I mean)

Babyweight is offline Female Member
    You will either love it or hate it..JMO

I have just started bartending again in May and the money is insane.. I may work 3 shifts a week and I make enough in those days to pay off all my bills for the month with money left over.

Downfall.....it screws your training.. Unless you can be strong enough to go straight home afterwards... Everyone you work with will want to go grab a drink or go to after hour clubs and this is where it will take everything out of you.

I swore when I started I wouldnt do it.. but you eventually will sometimes give in.. then trying to get up in the a.m. and train...arrrrgggghhhhh.

But remember that is just me... some people get used to the lifestyle and can benefit from it.. especially if you know how to save money..
    I've never used a credit card again since I started bartending... its unlimited money...all the time....
    So i say...go for it... smile at the ladies and flirt... the money WILL come easy

thanks for the advice everyone.... especially TTU and babyweight. i'm not trying to sound cocky, but i get hit on by girls alot, and i enjoy flirting, so i guess that should help my income.

DaddyD- you'e right... gay bars are where the money is at for a young male bartender. i kind of flipped once when a guy tried to pick me up in the locker room at the gym though, so i dont know if i could handle being propositioned by dudes all night.

And Baby- I'm an insomniac anyway... thats actually the worst part of my BBing. i don't get enough sleep unless i nap during the day to supplement my nighttime rest. so going out after hours wont be much different than staying up at home posting on AR all night.

Bob Balco is offline Banned
    Hey dude I have been living in AZ for about a year now. There is lots of $ to be made. Scottsdale which is a more wealthy part of Phoenix has lots of bartending jobs. You could also look into getting certified as a personal trainer and working in that area because there are lots of jobs avail with that in AZ as well.

V_Xsucks is offline Banned
    thanks for the advice everyone.... especially TTU and babyweight. i'm not trying to sound cocky, but i get hit on by girls alot, and i enjoy flirting, so i guess that should help my income.

DaddyD- you'e right... gay bars are where the money is at for a young male bartender. i kind of flipped once when a guy tried to pick me up in the locker room at the gym though, so i dont know if i could handle being propositioned by dudes all night.

And Baby- I'm an insomniac anyway... thats actually the worst part of my BBing. i don't get enough sleep unless i nap during the day to supplement my nighttime rest. so going out after hours wont be much different than staying up at home posting on AR all night.

Hey If you are in the ft lauderdale are good luck right now to get a job as a bartender you better have a good conections and you want to look for a good gay bar, also there are bar where you have to split your tip with the other bartenders stay away from those bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Balco
    Hey dude I have been living in AZ for about a year now. There is lots of $ to be made. Scottsdale which is a more wealthy part of Phoenix has lots of bartending jobs. You could also look into getting certified as a personal trainer and working in that area because there are lots of jobs avail with that in AZ as well.
    yep, scottsdale has all the fatty clubs and chicas.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by DADDYDBOL
    the real money will be at the gay bars....if you can stomach it....

u go gay bar hopping ?

i went to some gay bars a few times with my friends. I had a hell of time. I saw some of the best looking single girls there hanging out with their gay guy friends. Nothing funner than having your gay friends hook you up and talk game to single women for you. Being hit on by a man doesnt bother me, I just pass it off and move on.

By the way.. i dont do this all the time!
    abstrack@protonmail.com

i went to some gay bars a few times with my friends. I had a hell of time. I saw some of the best looking single girls there hanging out with their gay guy friends. Nothing funner than having your gay friends hook you up and talk game to single women for you. Being hit on by a man doesnt bother me, I just pass it off and move on.

I fell funny in that atmosphere

but is true around gays there is always great looking woman.

Quote Originally Posted by V_Xsucks
    I fell funny in that atmosphere
    the first time I went I was kind of weirded out to. I saw this girl at the bar that look way fine in a white dress, she had long black curly hair. The my cousin proceeds to tell me it was a tranny **** i was still in doubt. best looking long hair man I have ever seen with tits

Same night i was chatting with with the rugged fella I was playing billards with and he was going on and on about how he just got out of jail etc.. i was trying to hook up on some benzos and next theing you know he was try to hook up on me..weird Then my cousin and his regular buddys who frequent the bar told the guy i was stright and if he kept ****ing with me they were going to take him out back and beat the **** out of him. I never even realized he was hitting on me I thought he was just some joe with no life that got of prison. He even said he has a wife and kids ?
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by V_Xsucks
    but is true around gays there is always great looking woman.
    One of my friends used to dance at a gay bar and he used to get the finest slizuts out of that joint on a weekly basis. he was making fat cash and getting laid weekly by different slizuts. Alot of these women were from different countries and such. By the way he did this in Chicago
    abstrack@protonmail.com

ABS + =

aussiejuicer is offline Associate Member
    Its depressing when you're working in a bar with hot chicks getting drunk and having a good time and you don't get much of an opportunity to chat them up - you want to be on the other side of the bar.

CutMeUp is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiejuicer
    Its depressing when you're working in a bar with hot chicks getting drunk and having a good time and you don't get much of an opportunity to chat them up - you want to be on the other side of the bar.
    True, if money wasnt the issue then you should bounce. Then you get to take care of all the women. But $8-10/hr. doesnt really compare to $200-300 a night. Oh well, I dont need the money so I'll stick to the bouncing

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CutMeUp
    True, if money wasnt the issue then you should bounce. Then you get to take care of all the women. But $8-10/hr. doesnt really compare to $200-300 a night. Oh well, I dont need the money so I'll stick to the bouncing
    Who the **** would bounce for $8/h!?!?!?!?!? You get more working at mcdonalds ffs.

CutMeUp is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by palme
    Who the **** would bounce for $8/h!?!?!?!?!? You get more working at mcdonalds ffs.
    MC D's pays minimum wage....most part time jobs dont pay more than $10. Not where im from at least. And if im going to have a part time job its going to be something fun with little stress like bouncing.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    How's that whole Communism thing working out for you guys over there? lol

Quote Originally Posted by palme

dirtdawg is offline Anabolic Member
    I'll be taking a bartending class next week (40 hours) and was just wondering what some of you guys make. i'm hoping that with 3 nights a week i can make an extra $300 a week. i'm moving out to AZ in three weeks and it would also be nice if anyone in the business could give me some general advice on finding a job as a bartender.

any advice, comments, etc... are welcome.
    its good money, but i hated bartending, you get so busy you cant talk to any chicks, plus you never get to hang out, you have to work every weekend, and you dont get off till 2 or 3 in the morning, plus it is a hard job to find, usually you have to start as a server or barback which sucks, then they move you up, apply at a gym, thats what i did

Thread Information