Thread: I hurt my back

I hurt my back

on my last deadlift , went for 375 pulled it up and straightened out and felt a sharp pain in my lower back... i finished back night with a bit of pain and can't stand up straight tonite. i have had lower back problems before and usually get over it in a week or so. it sucks when you have to walk around bent over... what actually happens back there? is it a pulled muscle or disc issue?

KeyMastur is offline VET
    could be a few things. could be just muscle. could be even worse and it could be disc problems. never know until you get it checked out.

my case - i have 2 bad discs. they flare up on me every now and then

are you feeling pain shooting down your legs at all ?

nothing in my legs, just right in the middle of my lower back. it's kinda throbbing as i sit and type and only hurts when i straighten up.

the funny thing is my g/f's back went out today before my workout, i was taking care of her all day. i was thinking on my way to the gym --" it's back day, wouldn't it suck if i hurt my back today" go figure..

TheChosen1 is offline Member

Red face

Well bro, if your back isn't completely healed you should take it easy on your back. Just perform most of your upper back workouts because you don't want to make the injury any worse.

Though I haven't had any recent back injuries, I work with alot of guys who have. And one guy was out of work for nearly 2 years with his back injuries, surgeries, and rehad. So I would suggest that you just chill a bit with any more deadlifts and other lower back training, bro.

decadbal is offline Banned
    sounds like a pulled muscle, i also have some slight issues, herniated disk at one time and it rears its head sometimes.. gotta be careful, drs still arnt fully knowledgable about backs...

big daddy k de is offline Senior Member
    i hope your ok bro i have a disc prob # 4 at the bottom ...gave me siatica ...baby it for a little then see how u feel

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    I agree... could be more or less complicated than a muscle strain.

How was your diet up to the strain? Cus i get erector strain when my calories drop too low. Baby it and let it heal... go get it checked in the mean time so you'll KNOW DEFINATELY WHEN it's healed..(not just when you THINK it's healed).Perform you upper back movements with very very minimal ancillary muscle recruitment (i.e. your movements will have to be extra strict during this down-time)... I'd increase my vitamin C and flax seed oil supplementation (should aide is it's a case of erector-strain due to overdieting/over-training)...

My 0.02
    ~Nark

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Up to a little while ago i was getting excruciating lower-back pain and i thought it my contest prep was gonna have to be delayed... My coach told me to toss in a couple sets of hyperextensions before each training sessions.. regardless of bodypart.. and take a little longer to warm up... It worked... I foudn what probably happened it that some support muscle(s) in my lowerback probably weren't getting warmed up fully.. and were tugging unaccordingly.. resulting in a mild muscular inbalance...this is turn resulting in painful stress redistribution... So instead of working coherently as a unit.. there was a push/pull effect going on

Isaiah1SAS is offline Associate Member

If it hurts do not do it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosen1
    Well bro, if your back isn't completely healed you should take it easy on your back. Just perform most of your upper back workouts because you don't want to make the injury any worse.

Though I haven't had any recent back injuries, I work with alot of guys who have. And one guy was out of work for nearly 2 years with his back injuries, surgeries, and rehad. So I would suggest that you just chill a bit with any more deadlifts and other lower back training, bro.

Try some BLOOD WASHING too. Roman Baths, Turkish Baths, Japanese Baths, or alternating hot and cold on the affected area. The life is in the blood. Don't rush to go under the knife. Give yourself time to heal. Laughter does good like a medicine. Weight lifting is as dangerous as soccer...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I hurt my back-soccer.jpg  

bump

How about an up-date on your injury. How are you dealing with it ? I was smashed by a ton of metal moving at over 30mph twice and head butted a telephone pole at about that speed. I have to be careful with my back. I do ephedra, cat claw, and calisthetics right now.
    What are you doing ?

I was just thinking about how much this sucks, I had to take the day off of work today to rest up. I worked half a day yesterday and couldnt stand up straight... i can feel that it is getting better. hopefully by tomorrow i can work a full day. staying home from work really fux me up mentally, i feel like such a loser... does the ephedra help with your back ? and i never heard of cat claw, what is that for? btw do you still workout?

Quote Originally Posted by trailrider38
    I was just thinking about how much this sucks, I had to take the day off of work today to rest up. I worked half a day yesterday and couldnt stand up straight... i can feel that it is getting better. hopefully by tomorrow i can work a full day. staying home from work really fux me up mentally, i feel like such a loser... does the ephedra help with your back ? and i never heard of cat claw, what is that for? btw do you still workout?
    I identify with your issues. Life is dangerous and not fair. Nothing hammers away at your manhood like not being able to work or working for a really good pay check from an employer destroying the American middle class.

I am exercising. I do calisthetics. I hope to master my body weight, be agile, quick, and flexible.

Ephedra/Mormon Tea/Squaw Tea-- It appears to bevery energizing and have an appetite suppressant quality.

Cat Claw-- Immune Building. I have some trench foot and it is whacking it. Almost gone. I have a friend who has had jungle rot since '67 and I hope to get him some. I will combine a Cat Claw syrup with fresh aloe gel and also give him some of the wood if I get the chance.

HANG TOUGH ! You will get better.

slizzut is offline Senior Member
    Thats weird, I pulled a muscle in my back earlier this week doing deads... I'm just resting it as much as I can and not doing any strenuous working out for a day or two and it should be fine.

New exercise Routine if you're over 40 and INJURED !

New exercise routine if you're over 40 and INJURED.
    You might want to take it easy at first, then do it faster as you become
    more proficient. It may be too strenuous for some.

Always consult your doctor before starting any exercise program!

SCROLL DOWN...

NOW SCROLL UP.. ...

That's enough for the first day. Have some chocolate.

Thread Information