Canes4Ever is offline Banned

Question Question for the parents on the board....

Do your children seem to be intimidated by your size as opposed to other more "normal" sized people?

Thought this would be an interesting subject for the board members.

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    LOL my daughter who,s near enough 5 and my g/f boy who,s 4 1/2 both say you,ve got big muscles.Intimidated I wish they were!! I,m their human climbing frame swing and throwing machine.I have to do pressups with them both on my back and even when I,m beat they still want me to carry on lifting them!

Tell you what is funny is when they draw pictures because they draw stick arms with big round bumps on the tops and they draw boobs on the chest(NO I don,t have gyno LOL)I,ll have to scan them and post them.

Also because I "fight" (they mean do a martial art) they always want to fight and say "Dad show us a move"

Jeez I,m just tired thinking about it its harder entaining kids physically then any workout I,ve had any parent who has kids and trains will say that

Good subject Canes but I only want to intimidate people if they offend me or my family I guess I,m a push over when it comes to the kids!

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    My son likes my big muscles...he's already asking how old he has to be before he can go to the gym (he's 9) He's in gymnastics and if he sticks with that he will have an amazing physique before he even touches a wieght...have you ever seen the guns, delts and pecs on male gymnasts? (Don't get too worked up imagining that Caines my man )

When I get up in the morning to take my Vits I hear the boy get up come through and says what you taking that for what does that do every morning I get that so I bought him some kiddy Multivits so he gets up in the morning and take his vits with me and his glass of milk and he always says I,m getting bigger!! Jeez 4 yrs old and he,s addicted and both of them watch me do weights and they sit there so still just watching.I think I have a future Mr O and Miss O in the making!!

GenuinePL is offline Senior Member
    It looks like you got active family BB.
    I think that makes you happy in life.
    Good Job man, I hope I get the same thing in the future.

The Base is offline Associate Member
    I gotta say that is soooo cute Bill! My daughter comments on my muscles to the point that we can be in ASDA and she'll say daddy you've got big muscles, can I see your muscles daddy? She'll normally do this when we're at the checkout! Bless, she's only 2!!

MindBomb is offline Member
    I don't think it's our children who are intimidated, it's their friends...LOL

Originally posted by Billy Boy

Good subject Canes but I only want to intimidate people if they offend me or my family I guess I,m a push over when it comes to the kids!
    Kids are fun and their innocence makes for lots of laughs. They have eyes-wide open and see things adults pass up. And they speak what is on their minds.

I sometimes lament the fact that I never became a father, as I think I would have made a darn good one. I guess I just have to be content with being "Uncle Kevin"

Originally posted by Pete235
    My son likes my big muscles...he's already asking how old he has to be before he can go to the gym (he's 9) He's in gymnastics and if he sticks with that he will have an amazing physique before he even touches a wieght...have you ever seen the guns, delts and pecs on male gymnasts? (Don't get too worked up imagining that Caines my man )
    Pete everytime I see your pix I get worked up

Seriously though....That is fantastic that he already has the itch at age 9. I know with your knowledge you'll teach him to be a good lifter. Just one thing though Pete, teach him that his gift of strength is to be used for good, not as a bully.

Originally posted by The Base
    I gotta say that is soooo cute Bill! My daughter comments on my muscles to the point that we can be in ASDA and she'll say daddy you've got big muscles, can I see your muscles daddy? She'll normally do this when we're at the checkout! Bless, she's only 2!!
    That is really cute The Base. Kids are the delight of every parent's heart.

See I knew all you tough macho weightlifting guys were really just teddybears inside !

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by MindBomb
    I don't think it's our children who are intimidated, it's their friends...LOL
    That is true Mindbomb!
    And I'm glad to because my daughter is about to hit 13 years old.....So liftin all those weights for all those years is about to payoff big dividends......At least I won't have to invest in a huge gun rack for the living room...

I already got the guns!

LOL

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by Canes4Ever
    Just one thing though Pete, teach him that his gift of strength is to be used for good, not as a bully.
    For sure brother. He is SO not a bully. He gets along very well with everybody and is extremely social. But I will teach him to stand up to bully's and to help weaker kids who are being bullied.

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Nice one Pete, that's the way to grow em up

Kaz
    Kaz is offline Member
    im with billyboy on this one! my 3 yr old daughter and 9 yr old son laugh when i try to get angry or intimidating with them!! i am the climbing frame

Originally posted by Pete235

For sure brother. He is SO not a bully. He gets along very well with everybody and is extremely social. But I will teach him to stand up to bully's and to help weaker kids who are being bullied.
    I knew this was going to be true from you Pete. You are a moral guy and wouldn't stand for anything less from your son.

You guys have a special gift and if you can use it to help others why not ?

Originally posted by Kaz
    im with billyboy on this one! my 3 yr old daughter and 9 yr old son laugh when i try to get angry or intimidating with them!! i am the climbing frame
    Hey Kaz !

That's some mountain those kids have to climb !!! They could get an ærobic workout just from that !

You are one mountain of a man Kaz, but a gentle bear I'll bet?

Question

bump-da-bump !

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    I have a 2 yo daughter and a 4 yo son. My kids aren't intimidated at all. Im about 250 now with a shaved head and a goatee. So you would think so. Kids have always been drawn to me though. Its like they can sense that I'm a guy who loves kids. My children friends are kinda shy at first but at that age most kids are. Once the get to know me a little they wanna play all day. God they wear me out.

Kaz
    Kaz is offline Member
    Originally posted by Canes4Ever

Hey Kaz !

That's some mountain those kids have to climb !!! They could get an ærobic workout just from that !

You are one mountain of a man Kaz, but a gentle bear I'll bet?

Shhh!! dont tell everyone!

Jenna is offline Female Member
    My little girls SWORE that BigKev was StoneCold !! My oldest daughter went to school and told her teacher that he was StoneCold on t.v......LOL - they loved the big muscles.....it made them "cool" !!

Their mom's not too shabby either .......

<<<< JENNA >>>>

MindBomb is offline Member
    Kids are great...Wait, I was a kid once...

Originally posted by GenuinePL
    It looks like you got active family BB.
    I think that makes you happy in life.
    Good Job man, I hope I get the same thing in the future.
    Trust me there is never a dull moment and you often find yourself telling them to be quiet and that daddy just can,t keep lifting because he,s to old LOL.Your right it makes you happy and tired!! I wouldn't have it anyother way though

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    I have got twins (girl--boy)age 14 and i can safely say my kids love my size.The only thing they hate is when i take a few months of training and lose a lot of my size...

Thumbs up

I'm glad I posed this question last week. It's been great guys, I just wish we would have heard from more of the gals. But everyone keep coming with the stories.

I'll pose a slightly different question here, are their other family members or friends of family members that have been intimidated when you met them?

Thread Information