Thread: Medical Advice

Tryin2getHUGE is offline Senior Member

Question Medical Advice

OK my shoulder is seriously f'ed up. I was doing declines and it started to hurt a little, no biggie right. Then I get to incline db presses and I couldnt even do them the pain was so bad. So I called it a day and waited ya know. Now, I have been lifting during the pain for the last 1 1/2 with the severe pain, and stopping when it gets unbearable. Now what sux is that when I am NOT LIFTING, i.e. just sitting here or lying down, my shoulder throbs. When I elevate my arm say straight above my head in a "waiving hi" motion, it kills in the back where my divot (sp) (where the ball goes into my socket) is, as well as in the back where my v is at the back of my armpit (when my arm is down, where my arm meets my lat). I have been taking motrin for the pain, but it is still here.

I know I should probably go to the doc, but I know what he is going to say, but I am in the middle of a cycle. My question is does this sound like anything anyones has ever had themselves, or a buddy of yours? And what can I do or take to help in the recovery and rehab of my arm?

Thanks bros

decadbal is offline Banned
    see if you had been eating chicken like me, and not so many donuts then your tendons would be fine, but nope you ate all that candy and boom, blown shoulder..lol jk bro, hope all is well and u get better

Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    see if you had been eating chicken like me, and not so many donuts then your tendons would be fine, but nope you ate all that candy and boom, blown shoulder..lol jk bro, hope all is well and u get better
    Thats not ver nice Just kiddin. Thanks bro.

damiongage is offline Anabolic Member
    i hurt my shoulder awhile back....I just kept it real light for about 2 mo and then uped the weight 5-10lbs a week til i got back to normal.

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryin2getHUGE
    OK my shoulder is seriously f'ed up. I was doing declines and it started to hurt a little, no biggie right. Then I get to incline db presses and I couldnt even do them the pain was so bad. So I called it a day and waited ya know. Now, I have been lifting during the pain for the last 1 1/2 with the severe pain, and stopping when it gets unbearable. Now what sux is that when I am NOT LIFTING, i.e. just sitting here or lying down, my shoulder throbs. When I elevate my arm say straight above my head in a "waiving hi" motion, it kills in the back where my divot (sp) (where the ball goes into my socket) is, as well as in the back where my v is at the back of my armpit (when my arm is down, where my arm meets my lat). I have been taking motrin for the pain, but it is still here.

I know I should probably go to the doc, but I know what he is going to say, but I am in the middle of a cycle. My question is does this sound like anything anyones has ever had themselves, or a buddy of yours? And what can I do or take to help in the recovery and rehab of my arm?

Thanks bros
    I know you are in the middle of a cycle but you HAVE TO go to the doc. Would you rather stop a cycle and recover or keep pushing it and never lift again? That sounds just like a problem my buddy had from football when we were freshman in high school. He was supposed to get surgery on it about 6 years ago, and he recently started working out with me. I witnessed his shoulder pop out of place on bench, and if i wasnt there he would have dropped it str8 on his face. Be smart bro, never ever lift on an injured body part.

alabama is offline Associate Member
    dude i have had 2 surgerys on my right shoulder one orthrow scopic which they tried first but the doc said i torn more muscle and ligaments and **** than a woman does when she has a baby naturally,after all the physical therapy and b/s i have just slowly took it at my own pace and can now do pull ups and a lot of things but because of the surgeries i have lost 30% external roatation and am limited which because of that i dropped out of high school because i couldnt play ball and was very depressed like the world was over and during the recovery i couldnt even jack my meat so i would be very carefull i had bad luck ,with mine and everybody else i have talked to with the same problem isnt the same ever agaian either becasue i was stuipid and pushed myself too hard, i am 22 and this was when i was 17 and im just now gettin back into the gym the past 5 or 6 months so watch out its not nothin to play with becarefull

Thanks guys, look slike I am going to the doc then. I was gonna try just to light work but it seems that my shoulder plays a part in almost all of my lifts, except legs naturally, and not even all of those. And I was just gonna do light weight until it recovered, but that isnt working either. So I guess its off to the doc on Monday. Oh, are they gonna do bloodwork for being seen on a shoulder injury? Reason I ask is because I am a veteran and will be going to the Veteran's Hospital. I dont want to have bloodwork drawn and lose my disability for being on an illegal substance ya know. Thanks

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    I tore 50% of my left posterior delt, and the only thing that helped was taking 12 weeks off. If you take a look at my pics of certain poses you can still notice the tear.

Psychotron is offline Anabolic Member
    I have some problems. I have dislocated both and tore the ligament between my shoulder and collar bone from wrestling. When I do shoulders, my left arm goes numb, sometimes it really hurts. I end up resting my arm on the DB rack and completely taking all pressure off it to get blood flowing. I cant sleep on my left side, and sometimes it starts to slide out. I end up yelling in pain when i wakeup, ****s my roomate up so badl lol I started taking glucosamine and chroditin and MSM or whatever it all is. Been a few months, it hurts occasionally. I can lift fine with it, but have notices i cant hold my arms above my head for a very long time lol

Quote Originally Posted by itsallmental
    Definately will bro. Thanks for the link. I remember reading that before but forgot that it was his shoulder. How is he doing BTW?

Thread Information