Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator

Thumbs up Extreme Makeover: Home Edition

Anyone watch this? I watched it for the first time tonight...WOW!! What a touching story. Doesn't help I'm PCT right now.

8 children...unexpectedly lost their Mom to a heart attack...16 days later their father had a heart attack in the bathroom and he was found dead. The younger siblings were going to have to go to foster care so the 2 oldest children moved back home and assumed legal guardian ship.

Anyway, their house was totally redone!! It looks awesome!! Their mortgage was tossed in the fire!! It was sooo touching!

PrairieDawg is offline Senior Member
    I usually watch that show. missed it tonight thou. dam I feel like such a chick for admitting to that

bad_man is offline Anabolic Member
    I love that show. It has the sentimentality for my wife and the drills and sledgehammers for me. Perfect family entertainment if you ask me.

Isaiah1SAS is offline Associate Member
    I have never seen it. Sounds like I've been missing some GOOD NEWS in this unfair world. My daughter got some good news like that-- a car dealer sold her a used car she wanted several days ago at the dealer auction price. She needed it and she was really happy. There area a lot of good people out there.
    Last edited by Isaiah1SAS; 07-25-2004 at 09:08 PM.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    hahah yeah, i was watching it with my girlfriend

damiongage is offline Anabolic Member
    It is a great show

LM1332 Guest
    i watched a bunch of times. But its crazy how in a week they tear a house down, building a new one a better one with everyting included and as a bonus they get a pool in the backyard as well. sheesh...and is it the one with like where all neighborhood was welcoming the kids?

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    only seen extreme makover where they get an ugly person, cut half their body off and sew on new nice looking bits. I take it thats what they have done here, just with a house.

decadbal is offline Banned
    um depressing....

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Ya i watched it....Brought a tear to my eyes...

OG

Spyder Guest
    this thread is packed with emotional men .... see, and they say we have roid rage .

Mart651 is offline The Redneck Queen of the Lounge
    It was a rerun but yeah I have seen it. They always try to make the family sound needy but in this case I believe they did a great thing. A few people who have gotten the makeovers no more needed it than myself.

Those girls were very deserving.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    It pissed me off how the guy was the only one that got his own bathroom. The logic there makes no sense at all. The girls have 2 showers and there's 7 of them? I'm sure they'll be busting in there at all hours of the day anyway.. but come on guys.. think a little bit.

hey all 8 kids shared 1 bathroom before... at least in the new one they each have their sink... it's more than I ever had! I shared a bathroom with my sister and both my parents... private bathrooms are for snooty rich folks!

I also watch the show regularely.

I liked the episode with the lady who cared for, housed and fed the homeless folks in her area... I think she deserved the home makeover more than anyone else on the show. I'd say the 8 kids come in a pretty close second (or even head to head).

Red

Hmmm there is one thing I am curious about last nights episode...

At the end Sears picks up the home mortgage for the kids (which was a super thing to do!), but in the US when you borrow for a home mortgage don't you have to take a life insurance policy with the bank? Here you can't borrow that kind of money from a bank without a life insurance policy on the loan. With both parents passing away, the insurance would pay for the remainder of the mortgage.

Red

Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup
    Hmmm there is one thing I am curious about last nights episode...

At the end Sears picks up the home mortgage for the kids (which was a super thing to do!), but in the US when you borrow for a home mortgage don't you have to take a life insurance policy with the bank? Here you can't borrow that kind of money from a bank without a life insurance policy on the loan. With both parents passing away, the insurance would pay for the remainder of the mortgage.

Red

No not here. You have to take mortgage insurance. This insurance covers the difference in the payoff and what the home sales for if it repos. Life insurance is not required.

NoobJuice is offline Member
    Hhaahhhahh

Quote Originally Posted by NoobJuice
    Hhaahhhahh
    What's so funny!?

Quote Originally Posted by Money Boss Hustla
    What's so funny!?

I was wandering the same thing. Was he laughing at me?

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    http://abc.go.com/primetime/xtremeho...ck_family.html

I went to school with two of the boys from this family, and this was also a very sad story. Their father was battling cancer since I was a sophomore in high school. It was really cool though, they live pretty close so everyone got to go to the house and watch the progress, and some even got to help. Its a really cool show.

Thread Information