07-26-2004, 04:16 PM #1
Injured Man Survives Portable Toilet Explosion
Leaky Gas Pipe May Have Triggered Blast
POSTED: 7:32 am EDT July 23, 2004
A western Pennsylvania man who was burned when a lit cigarette in a portable toilet set off an explosion has returned home from a Morgantown hospital in West Virginia.
John Jenkins, 52, of Brave, Pa., says he suffered third-degree burns over 20 percent of his body and won't be able to return to work for several months.
Jenkins recalls little of the July 13th explosion.
He says all he remembers is sitting down and lighting a cigarette. When he struck the lighter, he says the whole top blew off.
Jenkins says a supervisor at North West Fuels Development told him that methane gas from a leaky stainless steel pipe about three feet under the portable toilet contributed to the explosion.
Jenkins is a plant operator at the company's Parris Shaft near Blacksville.
The pipe was part of a system designed to suck the gas out of abandoned coal mines nearby.
Jenkins was released from Ruby Memorial Hospital on Tuesday, a week after the explosion.
07-26-2004, 04:35 PM #2
thats why you shouldnt smoke
07-26-2004, 04:36 PM #3
That's a ****ty story!LOL
07-26-2004, 04:49 PM #4
LMAO you and your weird posts loz :P
07-26-2004, 06:06 PM #5
did his balls get bruned off?
07-26-2004, 07:22 PM #6
I wonder if they found him covered in his own **** with all the hairs on his burned off.
07-26-2004, 07:25 PM #7
smoking will kill you
07-26-2004, 11:52 PM #8
Thats like in Lethal Weapon 1 when the toilet blows up, cept it was a bomb and blew the whole house up.
07-27-2004, 06:45 AM #9
07-27-2004, 07:12 AM #10
the real kaboom came latter when midair he shat himself yet again
07-27-2004, 07:26 AM #11
I bet that scared the shiit out of him!!!!
07-27-2004, 02:19 PM #12
That's about embarrassing...
07-27-2004, 02:25 PM #13Originally Posted by Decadbal
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)