Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    max-it is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC
    Post some more on the Stang bro.. let's hear it!
    Also, if you need a hand getting it to hook-up, I know just the trick ...
    Took the motor and tranny out. The motor is supercharged, forged pistons, heads fully ported and redone with new springs etc., new cam, mass airflow, oversized injectors, basically totally new. The tranny was sent to New Jersey and fully redone. Rearend new with lower gears. Its a convertable so I had a light bar installed. Subframe connectors and bigger fuel pump. New rims and tires. 310 on the back. It is basically sick. If you stomp on it it just eats up the tires. All new stereo equipment. Pretty much everything I could have done. The Porche is cool but the stang is my baby because I've had so much work done to it that it is probably one of a kind.

My wife drives a minivan but she won't let me supercharge it. Probably because of the ride we took in the stang, she has never got in the car again since.

skinjob is offline Associate Member
    some superb machines up there chaps.

speaking of Porche, super cars... but the other night coming down the A7 Edinburgh > Galashiels - a very windy, dangerous road (125 crashes in 3 years on a 16 mile length - and the borders is barely populated!).. well i'm charging down at about 80 (its windy so you have to slow to 60-70 on some bends).

i get stuck behind a people carrier full of old shytes and this boxter grinds up behind me... all of a sudden he opens up and closes the gap, passing me and the people carrier on a bend and into oncoming traffic. there was almost a smash. i waited for a straight and took the people carrier and rattled on. within minutes i was right up the arse of the porche... the fcker was driving a boxter and he couldn't even handle it.. iwas right up his arse and he was slowing right down on the bends, scooping corners so shallow i thought he was going to bounce the kerbs a couple of times. he was slow and he could not drive.

i love nice cars. i hate people who own them but canae drive them ( i know from the post that aint you max-it - just reminded me seeing the marque in your post)

skinjob is offline Associate Member
    thats windy as in bends not windy as in flatulence of the elemental sort

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by max-it
    Took the motor and tranny out. The motor is supercharged, forged pistons, heads fully ported and redone with new springs etc., new cam, mass airflow, oversized injectors, basically totally new. The tranny was sent to New Jersey and fully redone. Rearend new with lower gears. Its a convertable so I had a light bar installed. Subframe connectors and bigger fuel pump. New rims and tires. 310 on the back. It is basically sick. If you stomp on it it just eats up the tires. All new stereo equipment. Pretty much everything I could have done. The Porche is cool but the stang is my baby because I've had so much work done to it that it is probably one of a kind.

My wife drives a minivan but she won't let me supercharge it. Probably because of the ride we took in the stang, she has never got in the car again since.
    Interesting....
    Again, if you need a hand hookin' her up, just let me know...
    I won't sell anything lol...trust me, I just mean suggestion wise...
    I like to see people get the most from their rides, after all, why not?

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by max-it
    Ive got a 2004 Porche Turbo and a 2000 Mustang GT. The Porche is stock but the mustang is decked out. I put close to $40,000 into the stang, it is sick. The Porche will win in a race (1/4 mile) because its hard to hookup the mustang's tires even with the saleen rims.
    $40K and you haven't shelled out the $200 for a pair of 10-holes and $300 for ET Drags? WTF? That's how you hook. $100 for brain bucket, $30 for a drive shaft safety loop. Bam! You're done and track legal. Just make sure that your brain bucket has a current snell sticker before you buy it. They are only good for a few years, then you HAVE To buy a new one. That pisses me off. I ain't crashed in it, but in a few years I have to buy a new one, cause it's "old". My cars old, doesn't mean I have to buy a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by 63190
    $40K and you haven't shelled out the $200 for a pair of 10-holes and $300 for ET Drags? WTF? That's how you hook. $100 for brain bucket, $30 for a drive shaft safety loop. Bam! You're done and track legal. Just make sure that your brain bucket has a current snell sticker before you buy it. They are only good for a few years, then you HAVE To buy a new one. That pisses me off. I ain't crashed in it, but in a few years I have to buy a new one, cause it's "old". My cars old, doesn't mean I have to buy a new one.
    This is a street car. I imagine he drives it on the highway. Probably not worth it to him to swap them when he wants to play... since I doubt it sees much actual track-time..
    But, if he does, I would recommend the Nitto Drags Radials over the M/T's ...

Wrinkle walls are better for me to launch on. Absorbs the torque shock on launch and tire grows a lil' on the top end. I change wheels at the track. I'm glad I do. The las time out, it rained and I wasn't going to drive home on slicks. Some of my friends drove four miles to a car wash and used that shelter to change their slicks. We have an aluminum race jack for our car club. It's nice not luggin' around steel jack.

the_rebirth is offline Member
    no v8 ride here, BUT i do have aTyphoon that beats a lot of people outta the hole

Quote Originally Posted by 63190
    Wrinkle walls are better for me to launch on. Absorbs the torque shock on launch and tire grows a lil' on the top end. I change wheels at the track. I'm glad I do. The las time out, it rained and I wasn't going to drive home on slicks. Some of my friends drove four miles to a car wash and used that shelter to change their slicks. We have an aluminum race jack for our car club. It's nice not luggin' around steel jack.
    One of the best buys I have ever made was my aluminum jack...

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky
    no v8 ride here, BUT i do have aTyphoon that beats a lot of people outta the hole
    They are sick bro.. who cares if she's not an 8... LMO has one too... fast az fuk... .. BIG sleeper...

Is that the turbo'd pick-up truck? AWD?

Pork Chop is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blown_SC
    Very nice! What's under the hood of the Nova? Also, I love the Z06 head design... have you done any work to them?
    LS1 or LS6?

builtthekid is offline Banned
    95 pontiac twin turbo trans am custom team v racing turbos.

Umm wheres 1badcamaro at hes got a sick
    camaro.

Quote Originally Posted by Try Me
    LS1 or LS6?
    LOL.. the LS6...

ls1 man

****t not ls1 my fault lt1 lst came in
    98 or 99 im not sure

Bro.. slow down...

LT1 came first... and have been around for decades lol...
    Then the LS1...
    Then the LS6....

yeah the ls6 is in that new corvett

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    thought Id share with everyone, the other night I broke off a 2004 M3. He staged a 1/2 length ahead of me, and we both took off. I pulled on him hard, and held a 2 length lead all the way up to 115mph, where i decided to slow down cuz we were on one of the busiest streets in orange county. He tried to go again, but sorry fellas, you only get one shot He was upset to say the least.

Dood! You're nuts. I don't even street race any more. I tell 'em to take it to the track where we can get time slips and post them up at a local hang out afterwards. I want to start a kills list at the local Hooters if they'll let me keep it up.

ya, i already have 1 reckless driving ticket, but you only live once right

Nothing would suck more than to go to jail for street racing
    haha.

Quote Originally Posted by builtthekid
    Nothing would suck more than to go to jail for street racing
    haha.
    i almost did the first time, i was going 120mph on the freeway and when i got pulled over the cop said "get out, your under arrest for reckless driving!" Then I got out and flexed, he decided to just give me a ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by JDawg1536
    i almost did the first time, i was going 120mph on the freeway and when i got pulled over the cop said "get out, your under arrest for reckless driving!" Then I got out and flexed, he decided to just give me a ticket.
    ROFL. You crack me up.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdtr

Cool 66 bug. 1300 engine? AM radio?
    I had one in the USAF . . . tore out the old beat-up upholstery, put in blue fur all over and a thick foam pad for a back seat. Put a $29 Earl Scheib paint job on it, and $600 later (including purchase price) it was ready to roll. Was a great car, drove it cross country 3 times. Super-easy to fix. I miss it . . .

Seems that a big guy coming out of a small car would be more impressive than a big guy coming out of a big car. That's one reason I like small . . .
    -Tock

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Quote Originally Posted by Tock
    Cool 66 bug. 1300 engine? AM radio?
    I had one in the USAF . . . tore out the old beat-up upholstery, put in blue fur all over and a thick foam pad for a back seat. Put a $29 Earl Scheib paint job on it, and $600 later (including purchase price) it was ready to roll. Was a great car, drove it cross country 3 times. Super-easy to fix. I miss it . . .

Seems that a big guy coming out of a small car would be more impressive than a big guy coming out of a big car. That's one reason I like small . . .
    -Tock
    So are you going to get yourself one of those mini cooper's? Hell a 4' 2" 105 pound man would looked jacked climbing out of one of those babies. hahahaha

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information