Triple Plates is offline Associate Member

Woooohooooo GOLD

Canadians kick ass. Gold baby, was there even a doubt!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Woooohooooo GOLD-can_lemieux0224.jpg  

more
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Woooohooooo GOLD-r_brodeur_i.jpg  

Yup even more
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Woooohooooo GOLD-teamcanada020224.jpg  

A sad American (John Lecalir)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Woooohooooo GOLD-poor-american.jpg  

GenuinePL is offline Senior Member
    Canada????

GO EGYPT !!!!!!!!!!!!!.

JK TP

Congrats

Canes4Ever is offline Banned

Thumbs up

Congrats my Canadian brothers and sisters, you guys played great and deserve it.

Have fun celebrating it's a lot of pent up frustration, and as a Miami Dolphins fan I know how you feel.

Anaballick is offline Associate Member
    Congrats Canada, glad to see a Western Hemisphere finals. You guys deserved it and played awesome. USA will have its revenge Gretsky made an ass out of himself though, he lost a lot of respect from Americans for the stupid comments he made.

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Brodeur's got quite the vertical. I can imagine that would be pretty hard to do with heavy pads on. And yeah, I almost forgot something:

CANADA KICKS ASS!!!

OK, I'm done.

righton is offline Senior Member
    WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! There were only 2 of us watching the game in the bar with about 75 people. They thought we were f***ing nuts.

tigress is offline Retired Female Moderator
    What a game! We ROCKED!
    One today is worth two tomorrows.

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    Congrats Canadians. You guys played one hell of a game. Had us on our heals from the start. Its a good thing you guys won or Mario would have killed himself for missing that completely open net.

One thing and Im not making any excuses cause you guys won fair and square......Is it just me or was that the worst officiating you guys have ever seen (both ways).

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    I love it when the referee stays out of it. He let the players decide the outcome. Bill McCreary did what was predicted and gave Team Canada the first penalties. If he hadn't there would have been a scandal over having a Canadian referee.

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    I like it when they let them play too. The thing I didn't like is it wasn't consistent. If you gonna let them play then don't call less obvious fouls and let the more obvious ones go. I know these officials were the best in the NHL but I think they were on unsure grounds for the entire game. The fist foul was crap too. Even being an American I thought it was minor. Like I said I don't wanna take anything away from you guys you played a great game and there no doubt that you won. Maybe like you said being a Canadian he was a little rougher on the Canadian team.

Full Intensity is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by EXCESS
    Brodeur's got quite the vertical. I can imagine that would be pretty hard to do with heavy pads on. And yeah, I almost forgot something:

CANADA KICKS ASS!!!

OK, I'm done.
    Oh yeah u don't know how good it felt. OH CANADA!

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    I'll be the first to admit that I was in my living room jumping up and down when Sackic scored the 3rd goal and Iginla scored the 4th...and when Joe scored the 5th that was the clincher. But I will not gloat because although I believed in my team, I was never 100% sure they were going to win. IMO there were 5 teams in that tournament who were capable of winning (USA, Czech Republic, Russia, Sweden, Canada).

Hockey is religion in Canada and on that day they decided that they wanted it the most. I have nothing but respect and admiration for the American hockey team and they are a class act all the way. I can't say the same for the US Womens hockey team however. I feel that placing the Canadian flag on their dressing roon floor was EXTREMELY disrespectful. But I think Haley Wickenhiser summed it up best when she said "I hate the fact that they kept our flag on the floor of their dressing room. Now I want to know if they want us to sign it for them"

Originally posted by Pete235
    I'll be the first to admit that I was in my living room jumping up and down when Sackic scored the 3rd goal and Iginla scored the 4th...and when Joe scored the 5th that was the clincher. But I will not gloat because although I believed in my team, I was never 100% sure they were going to win. IMO there were 5 teams in that tournament who were capable of winning (USA, Czech Republic, Russia, Sweden, Canada).

Hockey is religion in Canada and on that day they decided that they wanted it the most. I have nothing but respect and admiration for the American hockey team and they are a class act all the way. I can't say the same for the US Womens hockey team however. I feel that placing the Canadian flag on their dressing roon floor was EXTREMELY disrespectful. But I think Haley Wickenhiser summed it up best when she said "I hate the fact that they kept our flag on the floor of their dressing room. Now I want to know if they want us to sign it for them"
    Pete, gosh I hadn't heard that story and I'll be the 1st one to apologise for that incident. I am embarassed.

Pete trust me most Americans would be disgusted by that, and would NEVER condone disrespecting ANYONES flag. Not all Americans are the "UGLY" American.

However, I have to say I have seen some "UGLY" Canadians LOL. Oh my, just go to Hollywood Beach (in Fla) this time of year and My-Oh-My, some of the men and women in their bikini swimsuits.....there should be a law ! (j/k !!!)

(Trust me there are more Americans that violate that law LOL).

I agree 100% Caines...but we can't fault the guy who invented spandex because some people abuse it. There are just as many out there who use spandex the way in which is was meant to be used

GenuinePL is offline Senior Member
    Honestly.
    Using anybody's flag in a different way that hanging somewhere is very disrespectful. There is no possible way to explain this action. Also, I'm a citizen of two different nations and I look at things from different points of view, but I can't find one for this action. The reason for what happen is that the US womens team has to grow up and start thinking. I think that this was more than extremely disrespectful, it was really fucken lame and pissed me off. One day this will come back to them.

Congrats on the win.

I agree 100% Caines...but we can't fault the guy who invented spandex because some people abuse it. There are just as many out there who use spandex the way in which is was meant to be used
    Hmmmm, care to show us Pete, I'm willing to see you in some spandex.

Originally posted by Canes4Ever
    Hmmmm, care to show us Pete, I'm willing to see you in some spandex.
    Beleive me Caines...at this point I would not sublect anybody but my wife to that sight However when I get "Big Kev lean"...I may post a few leg shots and shirtless pics...like him.

Yeah GPL....it's a pretty sad commentary. I know the two teams have a bitter rivalry but I do think that was a little out of hand. But I reiterate that the action of one group, by no means, reflects the stand point of an entire nation. It would be shallow of Canadians to even consider this an act perpetrated by Americans. It is merely an act perpetrated by a group who wasn't thinking, or acting professionally.

Beleive me Caines...at this point I would not sublect anybody but my wife to that sight However when I get "Big Kev lean"...I may post a few leg shots and shirtless pics...like him.

Yeah GPL....it's a pretty sad commentary. I know the two teams have a bitter rivalry but I do think that was a little out of hand. But I reiterate that the action of one group, by no means, reflects the stand point of an entire nation. It would be shallow of Canadians to even consider this an act perpetrated by Americans. It is merely an act perpetrated by a group who wasn't thinking, or acting professionally.
    Oh hellz bellz, Pete I only wish I had your body (in more ways than one LOL )

Also I'm glad you feel the way you do about the studpid way the American gals acted. Trust me Pete, if an American can't win the medal at the Olympics, I am always rooting for the Canadian 2nd, the Brit 3rd. That's just because we share a common culture for the most part I guess, and I also have visited both countires and loved them when I did.

(My late step-grandmother was born and raised in the provincial town of Southampton, Ontario, not far from Owen Sound and I visited there one summer for 2 weeks with her, when I was but a lad; I loved it. I went to the UK 2 times before my panic and anxiety attacks came on in 1985).

Thread Information