Thread: Star Trek

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer

Star Trek

leats hear it bros. Who loves it and who hates it

I love star trek. except deep space 9 ohh boy did that suck. But next generation was SO good.

Only one sci fi series is as good and thats Babylon 5

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    I'm not fond of the original Star Trek. Next Generation, DS9 and Voyager were great. Enterprise is OK. Recently I've gotten into watching the Star Gate series on Sci-Fi.

I saw the first season of star gate and loved it

the original star trek is good just vecause its so **** corny and spock is without a doubt the cooles character ever

I love the episode where he fights captain kirk.

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    I like star trek and stargate. Anyone like Sliders?

dirtdawg is offline Anabolic Member
    the only show worse then MASH

I liked the original Star Trek, all the spinoffs are lame.

Red

nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    I like star wars, never got into star trek, thought it was boring with no action

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    the only one i like is voyager, because that chick is so **** hot.

Cry0smate is offline Member
    I absolutely loved TNG and Voyager. I wasn't a huge fan of DS9, it just seemed to contradict it's self too much and jump around everywhere. I'm a HUGE overall trek fan, I've got every movie on DVD, a few seasons of Voyager and TNG on DVD. I really want to attend a convention. TOS was great but rather redundant. I'm happy it existed though, it really set the foundation for some outstanding spin offs and the TOS movies were pretty good less ST V.

Favorite Character: Worf
    Favorite Alien: Romulans & Klingons
    Hottest Chick: 7 of 9 (Dax was a close 2nd)
    Best Captain: Picard of course
    Best First Officer: Spock
    Doctor: Bones
    Engineer: Scotty

Favorite Movie: Insurrection (TNG) and ST IV (TOS)

I realized that I was a trek geek the day I started reading "Conversational Klingon" yeah that's something I can put on a resume.

--Live Long and Prosper

Quote Originally Posted by chrisAdams
    the only one i like is voyager, because that chick is so **** hot.

Exactly !

Quote Originally Posted by Atwacity
    I absolutely loved TNG and Voyager. I wasn't a huge fan of DS9, it just seemed to contradict it's self too much and jump around everywhere. I'm a HUGE overall trek fan, I've got every movie on DVD, a few seasons of Voyager and TNG on DVD. I really want to attend a convention. TOS was great but rather redundant. I'm happy it existed though, it really set the foundation for some outstanding spin offs and the TOS movies were pretty good less ST V.

Favorite Character: Worf
    Favorite Alien: Romulans & Klingons
    Hottest Chick: 7 of 9 (Dax was a close 2nd)
    Best Captain: Picard of course
    Best First Officer: Spock
    Doctor: Bones
    Engineer: Scotty

Favorite Movie: Insurrection (TNG) and ST IV (TOS)

I realized that I was a trek geek the day I started reading "Conversational Klingon" yeah that's something I can put on a resume.

--Live Long and Prosper
    Insurrection is one of my favorite movies. I really liked DS9. I thought the shape changers were cool aliens. I wanted to see a shape changer as a part of Voyager.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    Insurrection is one of my favorite movies. I really liked DS9. I thought the shape changers were cool aliens. I wanted to see a shape changer as a part of Voyager.
    I guess on DS9 I got really confused with the shape shifters (founders) and Bajorin's (sp?) relationships. I could never tell if they were good or bad or like gods or what! LOL. It just seemed to me that they tried to make Otto too much like Data searching for his own kind. The same could be said for the Dr on Voyager also I guess. My only other issue was the fact that I thought Avery Brooks played a horrible commander, not sure why.

Too bad they didn't show more of Q. That was a cool character also!

decadbal is offline Banned
    complete crap...

Quote Originally Posted by Decadbal
    complete crap...
    i concur

mass junkie is offline banned
    Star trek sucks ass ... Id rather kiss two hot dogs...no wait...Id rather roll around in cactus.....no wait...Id rather be strapped to a chair with my eyelids cut off being forced to watch endless hours of mork and mindy reruns with a hairy ass robin williams saying nanoo nanoo

Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    Star trek sucks ass ... Id rather kiss two hot dogs...no wait...Id rather roll around in cactus.....no wait...Id rather be strapped to a chair with my eyelids cut off being forced to watch endless hours of mork and mindy reruns with a hairy ass robin williams saying nanoo nanoo
    i would rather do a testicular injection with 4 cc's of sus with a 12 guage than watch that crap

Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    Star Trek?....Never heard of it.

UrbanDawg is offline Banned
    Next gen 4ever
    I kliked the original at forst - but then after next gen - theold trek was plastic phasers, plymer suits and fake rock backdrops - just could not take it

however the dialiog and stroies of the old had some real quialtiy at times

decadbal is offline Banned
    using a 12guage to inject, why dont u use a butter knife...dam

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    I like the next generation a lot... I never really got into the ones after that...

I guess on DS9 I got really confused with the shape shifters (founders) and Bajorin's (sp?) relationships. I could never tell if they were good or bad or like gods or what! LOL. It just seemed to me that they tried to make Otto too much like Data searching for his own kind. The same could be said for the Dr on Voyager also I guess. My only other issue was the fact that I thought Avery Brooks played a horrible commander, not sure why.

Too bad they didn't show more of Q. That was a cool character also!
    I absolutely HATE Q!! god **** it is he some kind of god or what

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    I absolutely HATE Q!! god **** it is he some kind of god or what
    To hell with you trekkie haters!! j/k bros

Man how can you hate Q?? He was bad ass man. Could do anything, make anything happen!! I wish that TNG would have had a movie that was about the whole Q continuum in general.

To hell with you trekkie haters!! j/k bros

Man how can you hate Q?? He was bad ass man. Could do anything, make anything happen!! I wish that TNG would have had a movie that was about the whole Q continuum in general.
    thats what I didnt like about Q. I just dont like the idea of something all powerfull. It bothers me somehow but I cant put my finger on why.

LM1332 Guest
    bwahaha im the nerd of star trek not really but i do know a lot about it, no idea why i just do. Got into it by watching the voyager serious you guessed it for 7of9 or better known as Jerry Ryan I love it the new enterprise one is kinduh corny/wierd cause its supposed to be before Kirk but they look about 200 years ahead of kirk but its an awesome show.. And stargate sg1 is so aesome i love it

Quote Originally Posted by LM1332
    bwahaha im the nerd of star trek not really but i do know a lot about it, no idea why i just do. Got into it by watching the voyager serious you guessed it for 7of9 or better known as Jerry Ryan I love it the new enterprise one is kinduh corny/wierd cause its supposed to be before Kirk but they look about 200 years ahead of kirk but its an awesome show.. And stargate sg1 is so aesome i love it
    Have you seen Star Gate Atlantis? It has a lot of potential to introduce new tech. New story lines. The premiere was great. The next episode, garbage. I'll keep watching though to see where it's going.

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    thats what I didnt like about Q. I just dont like the idea of something all powerfull. It bothers me somehow but I cant put my finger on why.
    Hard to say man. Perhaps if they would have dedicated a few more episodes including some more b/g information on this species it would have helped your opinion. Might have made them easier to understand for all of us via character development.

Jeri Ryan is down right HOOOOOT!!!!!!! I for one cannot get into the new Enterprise, everytime I TRY to watch it all I can think of is Quantum Leap lol. And personally ST isn't ST without a Holodeck!

I'm gonna have to check out this Stargate I haven't watched it at all yet.

LM1332 Guest
    You know I personally haven’t seen it but I have read about it and saw previews and it doesn’t seem as good to me as the original 6 seasons. Now that O'Neill is going to be a base commander new team leader just blah don’t like it. But ill give it a try when ill have a chance to check it out

Have you seen Star Gate Atlantis? It has a lot of potential to introduce new tech. New story lines. The premiere was great. The next episode, garbage. I'll keep watching though to see where it's going.
    Last edited by LM1332; 07-29-2004 at 04:05 PM.

LM1332 Guest
    You know what’s interesting they already had an encounter with holographic technology in one of the episodes but I don’t know how long its going to be before it will make a debut in the actual show. As for Jerry Ryan id do her no questions asked
    Hard to say man. Perhaps if they would have dedicated a few more episodes including some more b/g information on this species it would have helped your opinion. Might have made them easier to understand for all of us via character development.

Jeri Ryan is down right HOOOOOT!!!!!!! I for one cannot get into the new Enterprise, everytime I TRY to watch it all I can think of is Quantum Leap lol. And personally ST isn't ST without a Holodeck!

I'm gonna have to check out this Stargate I haven't watched it at all yet.
    Last edited by LM1332; 07-29-2004 at 04:07 PM.

As long as you dont turn around in the morning and she suddenly looks like Neelix, all is good! She can definately assimilate me. (yeah I just totally geeked even myself out)

I thought Enterprise was boring at first because it's so low tech. But they got around being low tech by having the future war. (Or some nonsense) People travel back in time from the future to the Enterprise era and fight a war with the Enterprise in the middle. The people from the future bring back technology and of course, the captain gets his hands on it and only uses it in emergencies. If I was him, I'd install all of that future tech into my ship and be like "who wants to **** with Enterprise now!"

I thought Enterprise was boring at first because it's so low tech. But they got around being low tech by having the future war. (Or some nonsense) People travel back in time from the future to the Enterprise era and fight a war with the Enterprise in the middle. The people from the future bring back technology and of course, the captain gets his hands on it and only uses it in emergencies. If I was him, I'd install all of that future tech into my ship and be like "who wants to **** with Enterprise now!"
    LOL!

LM1332 Guest
    I dont know whats all that crap about future time lines haha slap all that **** on the shp and fly away like like Cpt. Janeway did in voyager the last episode of the serious. I mean **** they blew up more borg ships during that last episode then the whole galaxy put together hah

LM1332 Guest
    Have you watched her on Boston Public?

As long as you dont turn around in the morning and she suddenly looks like Neelix, all is good! She can definately assimilate me. (yeah I just totally geeked even myself out)

Yep but I haven't seen that show in a long time. It was one of the shows that my wife and I realy enjoyed watching. She has the same bad ass attitude but also has an emotional side. Last time I watched it she gave up her high and mighty lawyer position to be a teacher and we saw several episodes after that.

I have to go to bed so early these days due to my work schedule I never get to watch squat Is BP still on?

LM1332 Guest
    it was canceled. That show sucked ass no matter what. THey showed a school with a bunch of racists and kids with **** load of problems not exactly a good way to attract audience

Yep but I haven't seen that show in a long time. It was one of the shows that my wife and I realy enjoyed watching. She has the same bad ass attitude but also has an emotional side. Last time I watched it she gave up her high and mighty lawyer position to be a teacher and we saw several episodes after that.

I have to go to bed so early these days due to my work schedule I never get to watch squat Is BP still on?

Hell I thought it was entertaining. The guy that played the principal ( can't recall his name) is a hell of a good actor and it was just a really neat little drama. Almost like the TV series version of Lean on Me.

LM1332 Guest
    haha i thought it was over dramatic even for tv they just took it over the board sometimes but when they did have those little comedy episodes man was it funny or what?

LOL yeah cracked us up sometimes, usually had something to do with Goober and his g/f with the hook hand.

pretty_tony is offline Associate Member
    i saw every next generation episode, i'm not a star trek fan but that series was really good for its time. I thought sliders had a good idea to it as well. Voyager i can't watch at all and deep space 9 is bearable

Thread Information