9 20.45%
  • Doesn't look good

6 13.64%
  • I'm screwed

5 11.36%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.

Is your job safe?

Just curious how safe you feel your jobs is in the current economy and looking into the future. Or if you are underemployed because of it.

decadbal is offline Banned
    very, ill quiet whe i want, they need. me...lol

TPAK is offline Associate Member
    Doesn't look good....F'ing Enron!

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Wrong country, but my spot is safe, im good at what i do.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    No job is 100% secure anymore....... to make the bottom line CEO's will make decisions to cut the companies work force. It's all about what "they" get in the end like bounses......

For the most part yes my job is safe.

Blown_SC is offline Retired Vet
    Yes, it's just a co-op for college...

Phillyboy1 is offline Anabolic Member
    i have learned that you dont need a job to make money, and because of that i have not had a boss for the last 2 years, and dont plan to for the rest of my life.

FCECC2 is offline Anabolic Member
    my current job is pretty safe if i get fired one day i can found an other job the same day but im tired of being in a dammn shop..
    im thinking about doing a comeback in school

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jcstomper
    i have learned that you dont need a job to make money, and because of that i have not had a boss for the last 2 years, and dont plan to for the rest of my life.
    Your a prostitute? Then you have a pimp right?

TRLS63, if you can, DO IT! You will not regret it.

Maraxus is offline Banned
    Im doing fine. I work mostly with South America and Central America, so I am pretty safe.

My job is as close to 100% safe as a job can be.

As many here know I work for the government and am unionised to the teeth with rock solid job security clauses and all. If my job were cut, they'd have to pay me to do nothing.

And being that I am an inspector in the Environment dept the chances of my job being cut are somewhere around the chances of hell freezing over.

Am I working in a job I like? NO!
    Am I attaining my full potential? Hëll NO!!
    Am I making as much money as I could? Nope...

On the other hand I never have to worry where the next pay check will come from...
    I never have to worry about the Enrons of this world destroying my pention plan...
    I know if I get crippled tomorrow and can't work, I will be paid my full salary for life and my kid will be ok.

So this is a case of choosing a safe average job over a risky but rewarding job.

Red

Quote Originally Posted by 1victor
    TRLS63, if you can, DO IT! You will not regret it.
    thanks for the words the fact that im 23 help a lot. im sure i will not regret it, when i was young i was heading for university in engineering but i got into some troubles and missed too many classes. i ended up being a machinist/tool maker, which is not that bad, but its still not my thing...

Red,
    there is a lot to be said about job security, retirement , medical etc... If I had it to do over again I would've worked for the gov't and be ready to retire and start a second career in a few years with possibly two pensions. Spent too many years chasing the ever elusive cash cow.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup
    So this is a case of choosing a safe average job over a risky but rewarding job.

Red
    im choosing the second choice

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Well although I'm not an American, I voted!. My job is pretty much a job for life, I'm a soldier!. Worst thing could happen is I'm K.I.A. but sh*t happens!.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    LOL the GVT should put this stuf in their job offer ads:

Want to work at a job you like? NO!
    Desire to attain your full potential? Hell NO!!
    Demand to be grossly overcompensated? Hell YES!!!

I'm not picking on you Ketchup, I am just anti-government in general. I must disagree with you about the pay thing. Too many people seem to think they are underpaid in GVT positions, they say this becasue of a failure to account for the entire package (or they are lying to hide their free ride).

1.) Good pay
    2.) Generous benefits package (healthcare, dental, extended health, etc)
    3.) Defined benefit pension plan
    4.) Lower expectations (what employer expects you to produce)
    5.) More sick days than private couterparts
    6.) Rock solid job security

Personally, I am not worried about job security in the least. Once you drop the 'I want to work at one job/career/profession for your entire life' idea, IMO you are in a much better position to deal with future employment uncertainty.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup
    My job is as close to 100% safe as a job can be.

As many here know I work for the government and am unionised to the teeth with rock solid job security clauses and all. If my job were cut, they'd have to pay me to do nothing.

And being that I am an inspector in the Environment dept the chances of my job being cut are somewhere around the chances of hell freezing over.

Am I working in a job I like? NO!
    Am I attaining my full potential? Hëll NO!!
    Am I making as much money as I could? Nope...

On the other hand I never have to worry where the next pay check will come from...
    I never have to worry about the Enrons of this world destroying my pention plan...
    I know if I get crippled tomorrow and can't work, I will be paid my full salary for life and my kid will be ok.

Red

Beernutz is offline Member
    i work on a construction site .......so im pretty screwed. 3 months ago my foreman lost his left eye right infront of me. Let me just say its not the most pleasent thing to see and iam now scarred for life.

Diesel is offline Anabolic Member
    I purchased a company that was operating at a loss about a year ago. It is profitable now but far from safe.

**** insurance is killing me. My workman's comp insurance just went through the roof because of one back injury!

D

builtthekid is offline Banned
    I think i will do allright with my give edxperience and training.

dirtdawg is offline Anabolic Member
    its just a matter of time before i get the wrong person pissed off

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    I work in a hospital and I'm in a union.. No one, with the exceptions of temp workers, has been fired in over 6 years.. and that was cause the worker assulted a security guard or a doctor or something..?

Isaiah1SAS is offline Associate Member
    Bunker building nut-cases cutting into your GEAR money with taxes. These bozo's are so job-paranoid they bunker-build with your money. The Russians are building a new bunker complex now. You know Our leadership is too. What does this cost...

The Ultimate Congressional Hideaway By Ted Gup Sunday, May 31, 1992; Page W11 The Washington Post The year was 1960 and Randy Wickline was building something so immense and unnerving that he dared not ask what it was. All the Superior Supply Co. plant manager was told was that he was to haul concrete -- an endless river of concrete -- to be poured into the cavernous hole that had been excavated beside the posh Greenbrier hotel in White Sulphur Springs, W. Va. He remembers an urgency about the job, his supervisor hollering "hurry up," even instructing him to push the legal weight limit on his truckloads, and paying the fines that resulted. To keep up with the job, Superior Supply had to purchase two more concrete mixers, and still it was stretched thin. Over the next 2 1/2 years, Wickline estimates, the company hauled some 4,000 loads to the site and poured 50,000 tons of concrete into the abyss that scrapers, rippers and air hammers had carved out of the shale. Cost was never an issue. A warren of rooms and corridors took shape where there had been a hill. The walls were two feet thick and reinforced with steel. Later, the entire structure was covered with a concrete roof and buried beneath 20 feet of dirt. At each entrance, cranes hung humongous steel doors, as if giants were to inhabit the underground structure. Soon thereafter, Wickline was told, "sensitive equipment" was moved into the facility. The door was locked. A guard was posted outside. No one had to tell Wickline that what he had helped build had something to do with the atomic bomb. "Nobody came out and said it was a bomb shelter," he says today, "but you could pretty well look and see the way they was setting it up there that they wasn't building it to keep the rain off of them. I mean a fool would have known. There would have been enough room to get a few dignitaries in there, but us poor folks would be left standing outside. It kind of made me think about it -- and hope it never happens." For years, the work that Wickline and scores of other local builders undertook at the Greenbrier fueled speculation, but in time the memories dimmed and the rumors died. History took its course, and the generation that was defined by its anxiety over the Bomb began to see hope for a future free of mushroom clouds and radiation sickness. But inside the hill, time stood still. Now, more than three decades later, interviews with numerous current and former hotel employees and executives, contractors and former government officials, along with a review of private blueprints, drawings and photographs, have confirmed Randy Wickline's assumption, and more. What he helped build, it is now clear, was a haven for members of the U.S. Congress in the event of a nuclear war. Unlike other government relocation centers, built mainly to house military and executive branch officials who would manage a nuclear crisis and its aftermath, the Greenbrier facility was custom-designed to meet the needs of a Congress-in-hiding, complete with a chamber for the Senate, a chamber for the House and a massive hall for joint sessions. Its discovery offers the first conclusive evidence that Congress as a whole was even included in government evacuation scenarios and given a role in postwar America. Today, the installation still stands at the ready, its operators still working under cover at the hotel -- a concrete-and-steel monument to the nuclear nightmare. The secrecy that has surrounded the site has shielded it both from public scrutiny and official reassessment, and may have allowed it to outlive the purpose for which it was conceived. House Speaker Thomas Foley, one of the very few in Congress who has been briefed on the Greenbrier facility, declined to comment for this article. But former speaker Thomas P. "Tip" O'Neill says the evacuation plan always seemed "far-fetched" to him. "I never mentioned it to anybody," O'Neill recalls. "But every time I went down to the Greenbrier -- and I went there half a dozen times -- I always used to look at the hill and say, 'Well, that's where we're supposed to live in the event something happens, and that's where we're going to do business, maybe under the tennis courts.' " Situated in a lush and remote valley in the Allegheny Mountains five hours' drive southwest of Washington, the Greenbrier is one of the nation's premier resorts, a place that touts itself as a playground for foreign princes and America's political elite. Twenty-three men who were or would become U.S. presidents have stayed there. Dinners are six courses. The most elaborate are set with 24-karat-gold vermeil and served by waiters in forest green livery. A fleet of bottle-green stretch limos idles in front of the columned portico. Spread over 6,500 manicured acres, complete with golf courses, skeet shooting, spas and a stream stocked with rainbow trout, the Greenbrier wants to be seen as a resort of distinction and aristocratic carriage. It is designated a National Historic Landmark -- and seems among the last places one might expect to find a Strangelovian bunker. Though the resort has knowingly hosted both the ultra-sensitive congressional hideaway and the people who maintain it, there seems to have been little concern that any of the Greenbrier's 1,600 employees would reveal the facility's existence. Many have heard rumors about what lies beneath the vast extension known as the West Virginia Wing, which houses luxury rooms and a complete medical clinic. Some have direct knowledge of the installation, but no one will talk openly about it. The Greenbrier is the only significant private employer in hardscrabble Greenbrier County, and its workers -- many of whom are second- and third-generation employees -- don't have to be reminded of the strictness with which the resort manages its public image. "Anyone who doesn't work here and who is of working age, there's a reason they're not here," says the hotel's president, Ted Kleisner. "Everyone comes to work for life here. People die. People retire. And a couple of people get fired each year. That's it." Even before the facility was built, the Greenbrier and the U.S. government were no strangers. In the winter of 1941-42, the hotel served as a U.S. internment facility for Japanese, Italian and German diplomats. On September 1, 1942, the U.S. Army commandeered the entire resort -- purchasing it for $3.3 million from its owner, the Chesapeake and Ohio Railroad -- then converted it into a 2,200-bed military hospital. Gen. Dwight D. Eisenhower was twice a patient there. (He returned to celebrate a wedding anniversary in 1945.) After the war, the rail- road bought the resort back. Other governmental links followed. In 1949, Secretary of Defense Louis Johnson met at the Greenbrier with the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the secretaries of the Army, Air Force and Navy for what a history of the Greenbrier called a "top-secret discussion of postwar military strategy." In 1956 Eisenhower hosted an international conference there with the leaders of Canada and Mexico. Hotel operators at the time answered the phone: "Good morning, Greenbrier White House." The hotel has three connecting "Eisenhower Parlors," and Ike's bust is on display in the North Parlor. There have also been frequent congressional visits over the years -- in the 1980s, Democrats from Congress liked to meet there -- and senior officials from every recent administration have been to the resort. A 1991 promotional publication features a photo of Greenbrier President Kleisner welcoming Secretary of Defense Richard Cheney. Despite its many government ties, there is a touch of irony in the Greenbrier's selection as host for a facility built in response to the Soviet threat. Cyrus Eaton, the man who presided over the C&O -- now the conglomerate CSX -- enjoyed a cozy relationship with the Soviet leadership. Dubbed "the Kremlin's favorite capitalist," he took pride in having received the Lenin Peace Prize, and in 1954 organized a meeting between U.S. and Soviet atomic scientists in the hope they would warn their respective leaders of the perils of the arms race. "What got me started was the atomic bomb and the realization that our civilization and theirs could be wiped out overnight," he once said. When construction on the facility began in 1959, near the end of the second Eisenhower administration, the Cold War was at its height and fear of a Soviet nuclear attack was deeply embedded both in the psyche of ordinary citizens and in the thoughts of Pentagon planners. Americans were excavating back yards for bomb shelters, storing cans of Campbell's soup on basement shelves and screening "duck-and-cover" films for schoolchildren. Meanwhile, the government was building a number of relocation centers on the East Coast. Most were carved out of mountains and became alternate command posts for the president and Cabinet, or communications centers (see box, Page 14). It was the heyday of the doomsday planners. "Continuity of government," as it came to be called, evolved into a military subspecialty. Near Berryville, Va., Mount Weather was hollowed out of solid rock and filled with state-of-the-art communications equipment, underground reservoirs and banks of computers. Another such facility was located at Raven Rock Mountain in Pennsylvania near Fort Ritchie. The Greenbrier was different in that it relied more on the element of secrecy than on any mountain of rock to shield it from incoming bombs. Yet despite the discretion of the resort staff, the existence of some kind of hidden government installation there was widely known. One former government official says he was told that so many people in the White Sulphur Springs area knew about the facility that the government dispatched two men who had not been briefed on the project to mingle with the locals, posing as hunters, to learn just how much was known and what was being said. According to the official, the two returned to Washington a few days later with so many details about the facility that they had to be given top-secret clearance. Hundreds of people suspect that something hush-hush lies under the Greenbrier's West Virginia Wing. "I've always heard the rumors that there is some kind of bomb shelter under the Greenbrier's clinic," says County Assessor Clyde Bowling. Like many in this small town of 2,800, he remembers being told that a company called Forsythe Associates operated the bomb shelter, and that a man named "Fritz" Bugas ran Forsythe. For many others, the facility is less a matter of suspicion than a certainty. "The government does have an installation there, no question about it," says John Bowling, a former mayor of White Sulphur Springs. "It's common knowledge here." John Bowling says he has known for years that the facility is a government relocation center. His family, long in the hardware business, sold many of the parts that went into the construction of the West Virginia Wing. His uncle, Bowling says, had an empty skating rink where the government stored C-rations before transferring them to the site. He remembers the concrete walls, two feet thick. "The depth of the excavation was very, very impressive," he says. "It was way down there." At the time the facility was being built, White Sulphur Springs Police Chief Bernard Morgan recalls, he was told by the head of Greenbrier security, the late Harry Welsh, that without a security clearance he would not be allowed inside. Gerald A. Wylie, a Greenbrier security officer from 1963 until 1980, says he has been in the facility; unwilling to comment further, he says only that "it makes you feel safe." ...
    Last edited by Isaiah1SAS; 07-28-2004 at 02:09 PM.

Beernutz is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaiah1SAS
    Bunker building nut-cases cutting into your GEAR money with taxes. These bozo's are so job-paranoid they bunker-build with your money. The Russians are building a new bunker complex now. You know Our leadership is too. What does this cost...

The Ultimate Congressional Hideaway By Ted Gup Sunday, May 31, 1992; Page W11 The Washington Post The year was 1960 and Randy Wickline was building something so immense and unnerving that he dared not ask what it was. All the Superior Supply Co. plant manager was told was that he was to haul concrete -- an endless river of concrete -- to be poured into the cavernous hole that had been excavated beside the posh Greenbrier hotel in White Sulphur Springs, W. Va. He remembers an urgency about the job, his supervisor hollering "hurry up," even instructing him to push the legal weight limit on his truckloads, and paying the fines that resulted. To keep up with the job, Superior Supply had to purchase two more concrete mixers, and still it was stretched thin. Over the next 2 1/2 years, Wickline estimates, the company hauled some 4,000 loads to the site and poured 50,000 tons of concrete into the abyss that scrapers, rippers and air hammers had carved out of the shale. Cost was never an issue. A warren of rooms and corridors took shape where there had been a hill. The walls were two feet thick and reinforced with steel. Later, the entire structure was covered with a concrete roof and buried beneath 20 feet of dirt. At each entrance, cranes hung humongous steel doors, as if giants were to inhabit the underground structure. Soon thereafter, Wickline was told, "sensitive equipment" was moved into the facility. The door was locked. A guard was posted outside. No one had to tell Wickline that what he had helped build had something to do with the atomic bomb. "Nobody came out and said it was a bomb shelter," he says today, "but you could pretty well look and see the way they was setting it up there that they wasn't building it to keep the rain off of them. I mean a fool would have known. There would have been enough room to get a few dignitaries in there, but us poor folks would be left standing outside. It kind of made me think about it -- and hope it never happens." For years, the work that Wickline and scores of other local builders undertook at the Greenbrier fueled speculation, but in time the memories dimmed and the rumors died. History took its course, and the generation that was defined by its anxiety over the Bomb began to see hope for a future free of mushroom clouds and radiation sickness. But inside the hill, time stood still. Now, more than three decades later, interviews with numerous current and former hotel employees and executives, contractors and former government officials, along with a review of private blueprints, drawings and photographs, have confirmed Randy Wickline's assumption, and more. What he helped build, it is now clear, was a haven for members of the U.S. Congress in the event of a nuclear war. Unlike other government relocation centers, built mainly to house military and executive branch officials who would manage a nuclear crisis and its aftermath, the Greenbrier facility was custom-designed to meet the needs of a Congress-in-hiding, complete with a chamber for the Senate, a chamber for the House and a massive hall for joint sessions. Its discovery offers the first conclusive evidence that Congress as a whole was even included in government evacuation scenarios and given a role in postwar America. Today, the installation still stands at the ready, its operators still working under cover at the hotel -- a concrete-and-steel monument to the nuclear nightmare. The secrecy that has surrounded the site has shielded it both from public scrutiny and official reassessment, and may have allowed it to outlive the purpose for which it was conceived. House Speaker Thomas Foley, one of the very few in Congress who has been briefed on the Greenbrier facility, declined to comment for this article. But former speaker Thomas P. "Tip" O'Neill says the evacuation plan always seemed "far-fetched" to him. "I never mentioned it to anybody," O'Neill recalls. "But every time I went down to the Greenbrier -- and I went there half a dozen times -- I always used to look at the hill and say, 'Well, that's where we're supposed to live in the event something happens, and that's where we're going to do business, maybe under the tennis courts.' " Situated in a lush and remote valley in the Allegheny Mountains five hours' drive southwest of Washington, the Greenbrier is one of the nation's premier resorts, a place that touts itself as a playground for foreign princes and America's political elite. Twenty-three men who were or would become U.S. presidents have stayed there. Dinners are six courses. The most elaborate are set with 24-karat-gold vermeil and served by waiters in forest green livery. A fleet of bottle-green stretch limos idles in front of the columned portico. Spread over 6,500 manicured acres, complete with golf courses, skeet shooting, spas and a stream stocked with rainbow trout, the Greenbrier wants to be seen as a resort of distinction and aristocratic carriage. It is designated a National Historic Landmark -- and seems among the last places one might expect to find a Strangelovian bunker. Though the resort has knowingly hosted both the ultra-sensitive congressional hideaway and the people who maintain it, there seems to have been little concern that any of the Greenbrier's 1,600 employees would reveal the facility's existence. Many have heard rumors about what lies beneath the vast extension known as the West Virginia Wing, which houses luxury rooms and a complete medical clinic. Some have direct knowledge of the installation, but no one will talk openly about it. The Greenbrier is the only significant private employer in hardscrabble Greenbrier County, and its workers -- many of whom are second- and third-generation employees -- don't have to be reminded of the strictness with which the resort manages its public image. "Anyone who doesn't work here and who is of working age, there's a reason they're not here," says the hotel's president, Ted Kleisner. "Everyone comes to work for life here. People die. People retire. And a couple of people get fired each year. That's it." Even before the facility was built, the Greenbrier and the U.S. government were no strangers. In the winter of 1941-42, the hotel served as a U.S. internment facility for Japanese, Italian and German diplomats. On September 1, 1942, the U.S. Army commandeered the entire resort -- purchasing it for $3.3 million from its owner, the Chesapeake and Ohio Railroad -- then converted it into a 2,200-bed military hospital. Gen. Dwight D. Eisenhower was twice a patient there. (He returned to celebrate a wedding anniversary in 1945.) After the war, the rail- road bought the resort back. Other governmental links followed. In 1949, Secretary of Defense Louis Johnson met at the Greenbrier with the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the secretaries of the Army, Air Force and Navy for what a history of the Greenbrier called a "top-secret discussion of postwar military strategy." In 1956 Eisenhower hosted an international conference there with the leaders of Canada and Mexico. Hotel operators at the time answered the phone: "Good morning, Greenbrier White House." The hotel has three connecting "Eisenhower Parlors," and Ike's bust is on display in the North Parlor. There have also been frequent congressional visits over the years -- in the 1980s, Democrats from Congress liked to meet there -- and senior officials from every recent administration have been to the resort. A 1991 promotional publication features a photo of Greenbrier President Kleisner welcoming Secretary of Defense Richard Cheney. Despite its many government ties, there is a touch of irony in the Greenbrier's selection as host for a facility built in response to the Soviet threat. Cyrus Eaton, the man who presided over the C&O -- now the conglomerate CSX -- enjoyed a cozy relationship with the Soviet leadership. Dubbed "the Kremlin's favorite capitalist," he took pride in having received the Lenin Peace Prize, and in 1954 organized a meeting between U.S. and Soviet atomic scientists in the hope they would warn their respective leaders of the perils of the arms race. "What got me started was the atomic bomb and the realization that our civilization and theirs could be wiped out overnight," he once said. When construction on the facility began in 1959, near the end of the second Eisenhower administration, the Cold War was at its height and fear of a Soviet nuclear attack was deeply embedded both in the psyche of ordinary citizens and in the thoughts of Pentagon planners. Americans were excavating back yards for bomb shelters, storing cans of Campbell's soup on basement shelves and screening "duck-and-cover" films for schoolchildren. Meanwhile, the government was building a number of relocation centers on the East Coast. Most were carved out of mountains and became alternate command posts for the president and Cabinet, or communications centers (see box, Page 14). It was the heyday of the doomsday planners. "Continuity of government," as it came to be called, evolved into a military subspecialty. Near Berryville, Va., Mount Weather was hollowed out of solid rock and filled with state-of-the-art communications equipment, underground reservoirs and banks of computers. Another such facility was located at Raven Rock Mountain in Pennsylvania near Fort Ritchie. The Greenbrier was different in that it relied more on the element of secrecy than on any mountain of rock to shield it from incoming bombs. Yet despite the discretion of the resort staff, the existence of some kind of hidden government installation there was widely known. One former government official says he was told that so many people in the White Sulphur Springs area knew about the facility that the government dispatched two men who had not been briefed on the project to mingle with the locals, posing as hunters, to learn just how much was known and what was being said. According to the official, the two returned to Washington a few days later with so many details about the facility that they had to be given top-secret clearance. Hundreds of people suspect that something hush-hush lies under the Greenbrier's West Virginia Wing. "I've always heard the rumors that there is some kind of bomb shelter under the Greenbrier's clinic," says County Assessor Clyde Bowling. Like many in this small town of 2,800, he remembers being told that a company called Forsythe Associates operated the bomb shelter, and that a man named "Fritz" Bugas ran Forsythe. For many others, the facility is less a matter of suspicion than a certainty. "The government does have an installation there, no question about it," says John Bowling, a former mayor of White Sulphur Springs. "It's common knowledge here." John Bowling says he has known for years that the facility is a government relocation center. His family, long in the hardware business, sold many of the parts that went into the construction of the West Virginia Wing. His uncle, Bowling says, had an empty skating rink where the government stored C-rations before transferring them to the site. He remembers the concrete walls, two feet thick. "The depth of the excavation was very, very impressive," he says. "It was way down there." At the time the facility was being built, White Sulphur Springs Police Chief Bernard Morgan recalls, he was told by the head of Greenbrier security, the late Harry Welsh, that without a security clearance he would not be allowed inside. Gerald A. Wylie, a Greenbrier security officer from 1963 until 1980, says he has been in the facility; unwilling to comment further, he says only that "it makes you feel safe." ...
    do you expect anyone to read this

UnNaturalBuff is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Beernutz
    do you expect anyone to read this
    lmao

UnNaturalBuff is offline Member
    I work in a factory and see people gettin hurt almost ever dam day, I just try to be carefull. If only the **** pay wasn't soo good, plus I get summers off.

Fat Guy is offline Senior Member
    My job is the most important job anyone could have. My job is indispensable and I will never be replaced or terminated because of my position. Being a street crossing guard and helping little children and old ladies get across the street while holding my stop sign and reading my whistle to halt cars is an extremely rewarding career. My hat is off to all crossing guards across America. Our job is what makes America Great!!! :spudnik1:

Maraxus is offline Banned
    Isiah stop Copying and Pasting $hit, its getting really old, really fast.

Cry0smate is offline Member
    I definately fit into "I'm Screwed"

We lost our contract a few months ago and my last day of employment is 9/3.

elicotton is offline Associate Member
    My job is unsure but that has more to do with the company I work for than the economy. Every quarter we make our numbers, which causes them to think that they can be improved upon the next quarter. If we don't blow the quotas out of the water, they basically fire someone, no ryme or reason as to who.

Other than that, morale is excellent.

I'd probably stress out and end up beating my bosses arse (not very Christian) but probably true. Especially if I was the one singled out as the example ie:getting fired.

Cry0smate is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by elicotton
    My job is unsure but that has more to do with the company I work for than the economy. Every quarter we make our numbers, which causes them to think that they can be improved upon the next quarter. If we don't blow the quotas out of the water, they basically fire someone, no ryme or reason as to who.

Other than that, morale is excellent.
    Give them time they will ship the business to friggin India.....Outsourcing outside of the United States for US owned companies really pisses me off.......

Devil Dog74 is offline Associate Member
    is my job safe as far as job security, thats really a toss up I'm a marine Field radio operator what do u think

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil Dog74
    is my job safe as far as job security, thats really a toss up I'm a marine Field radio operator what do u think
    Oh your life expectancy is what 3sec in a hot lz or assault

Isaiah1SAS is offline Associate Member

Bunker buyers...

Quote Originally Posted by Maraxus
    Isiah stop Copying and Pasting $hit, its getting really old, really fast.

Are you a Bunker Buyer, too ! My hat's off to average americans that buy Der Furher Bunkers for paranoid nut-case American government types. That 's DEDICATION !

Fat Guy is offline Senior Member
    GOD LOVES A CROSSING GUARD:spudniktr

Phillyboy1 is offline Anabolic Member
    self employeed, i dont see myself firing myself anytime soon

PrairieDawg is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaiah1SAS
    Are you a Bunker Buyer, too ! My hat's off to average americans that buy Der Furher Bunkers for paranoid nut-case American government types. That 's DEDICATION !
    okay i acually understood that one and wtf does that have to do with anything?

dirtdawg is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jcstomper
    self employeed, i dont see myself firing myself anytime soon
    i wouldnt fire myself, but i wouldnt hire myself either

elicotton is offline Associate Member
    I tried being my own boss once but I have a problem with authority figures, I just couldn't put up with my slave -driving azz...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information