Fat Guy is offline Senior Member

Jack La Lanne is the MAN!

This Morning I could not sleep and so I was flipping through channels and came across and old show of Jack La Lanne. As I was watching it, I was thinking that Jack is the man. You could truly see the enthusiasm in his face as his was going through his exercise routine. I think he truly enjoyed the idea of sharing his fitness knowledge with other people. I remembered seeing some documentary about La Lanne and his life story and even though he was one of the first people to promote health and fitness, he did not profit off it like Weider and the others. In an interesting side note, Jack and Joe were friends, Jack gave Joe and his brother many ideas for exercise machines and never once asked Joe Weider for a single cent, and Joe never gave him a single cent either. In fact, in that documentary they asked La Lanne if his was upset that he did not have more considering he was one of the first. I remember his response, he stated that he was not in it for the money but for the love of health and wellness and he just wanted others to experience the same joy he got from exercising and eating right. For him it was a way of life and a philosophy and you cannot put a price on that. SO, IN MY BOOKS JACK IS THE MAN and I thought I would share this with you. :spudnik4:

63190 is offline Anabolic Member
    Koodos for Jack!

Maraxus is offline Banned
    Tony Little > Jack La Lanne.

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    He is an amazing human being for sure

Makaveli_786 is offline Junior Member
    You cant say he didnt profiteer from it at all, I mean consider the dude was in dozens of advertising campaigns and most recently he launched the new version of the Jack LaLanne power juicer which retails for 200 dollars a piece, a great man no doubt but EVERYBODY made money from this game including Jack LaLanne.

Jack lives a modest existence. The guy only has one house, which is all right, but nothing great, no mansion or anything like that. He currently lives like someone who is retired after working a full career, but he is no millionaire. Come on, compared to Joe Weider and the multi-million dollar empire that the Weider Corp. yields you think Jack would be a little bit wealthier. Jack is one of the first promoters of health and fitness. However, that is the great thing about this guy it is not about the $ but more for the principal of it.

Trivia:
    Some of Mr. LaLannes amazing feats of strength include: At age 41 he proved it possible to escape from Alcatraz by swimming to Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco while wearing handcuffs. At 45, he completed a thousand push-ups and a thousand chin-ups in an hour and twenty-two minutes with blisters under his calluses. At sixty, he swam from Alcatraz to Fisherman's Wharf handcuffed, shackled, and towing a thousand-pound boat. At seventy, batlling currents while handcuffed and shackled, he towed seventy boats holding seventy people for a mile and a half across Long Beach Harbor.

nickrizz is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fat Guy
    Trivia:
    Some of Mr. LaLannes amazing feats of strength include: At age 41 he proved it possible to escape from Alcatraz by swimming to Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco while wearing handcuffs. At 45, he completed a thousand push-ups and a thousand chin-ups in an hour and twenty-two minutes with blisters under his calluses. At sixty, he swam from Alcatraz to Fisherman's Wharf handcuffed, shackled, and towing a thousand-pound boat. At seventy, batlling currents while handcuffed and shackled, he towed seventy boats holding seventy people for a mile and a half across Long Beach Harbor.
    wow, he shouldve pulled an aircraft carrier, it woulve been easier

Makaveli_786 is offline Junior Member
    LOL I remember when he swam from Alcatraz pulling a boat, that was brutal, he is a good man but all im saying is its not that he didnt make a single cent from it all, he still looks great now too and hes nearly 100!

Powrlftr is offline Associate Member
    He's still alive .... go figure ....

Thread Information